Community > Posts By > smiless

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 10:25 AM

Cut and paste info about a claim for mathematical proof of God. I'm sure there have been others.

The mathematician in question is
indeed Leonhard Euler,a Swiss math-
ematician who at the time is
generally recognized as the world's
leading mathematician.In the episode
related by zion,Euler,tired of the
ennui proffered by the atheist,went
to the board and wrote:
"e^(i*pi)+1=0;therefore God exists"
As pointed out,the object of his
ridicule had no clue as to the mean-
ing of the equation(and probably no
one else did either),since it was
an equation developed by Euler him-
self.The elements of the equation
are most remarkable,since they re-
late several of the most fundamental
constants in mathematics.
e=the base for natural logarithms,
an irrational number,which begins
i=the square root of -1,the basic
unit of complex numbers(numbers of
the form:a+=bi,a,b real numbers.
pi=the ratio of the circumference
of a circle to its diameter(3.14159
.......,an irrational number.
1=the identity element for multipli-
cation
0=the identity element for addition.

Oh no! Not another German speaker that has become a lunaticlaugh

Very interesting thoughdrinker

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 10:22 AM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/12/09 10:28 AM

Now that I think about it. If math would be quantized would that help physics in finding more answers about existence of a designer, or at least come closer to new possibilities?
If I understand correctly what both you and Abra are referring to, I think that if math were quantized, it would not longer be math - it would be something else. I can't even imagine what "quantized math" would be like.

But it's an intersting idea.

Well I am not referring to it, just trying to understand a different concept that Abra is showing.

I would have to first study more about Zeno and his discovery, then understand why physics and math are not compatible in the sense that Abra is trying to decribe, then see how or what this can effect a belief in a designer or thereafter.

So get back at me in about 2 years and maybe I can give a rational answer that might make some senselaugh

but don't count on it! My interest lies primarily in learning to speak and write different languages and to practice humanitarian and philanthropist endeavors. laugh

Yet I am sure Abra will have a conclusion already figure out since he has been at it much longer then I will invest into.

Neverhteless, it is an interesting idea that might hold some ideas or further knowledge on the subject. It is great to see different perspectives. This tells us that the human mind wants to know. At least alot of us are curious about it.

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 10:16 AM

I worship Infinity.

Quanta does not exist. It is subjective. Quanta is a hypothetical 'thing' kind of like a number. It is made up. A "quanta" does not exist, it has no measurement, weight, or dimensions. It is a hypothetical "thing."

Good for you! Keep worshipping as long as it sheds a smile on your face, I agreelaugh drinker

Now have a strawberrylaugh

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 10:12 AM

Could Math alone figure out if there was a designer in the first place?

I met a person on line who claimed to have mathematical proof of God. I had a copy of that somewhere on my computer but finding that would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I looked at it but it was all "math" to me. I didn't understand any of if.

Ahh so there have been attempts. That is interesting. Not that I would understand it either. laugh

but it does make you wonder if it is possible. I mean there are so many possiblities out there and we still stand divided not knowing for sure. Yes of course individuals claim to know or have the answer, but as a whole planet in agreement we don't have it yet, or so it seems.

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 10:06 AM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/12/09 10:08 AM

not sure about the orbits of electrons but i don't think that there is evidence that the orbits of planets are circular. as far as i know they all follow eliptical orbit patterns.

Okay, but do you see the similiarity at all or get the jist of what I am trying to say?

sorry but i didn't understand that you are saying anything. seems to me you're asking a question or two. you refer to planets orbiting in other directions or up and down. what is up and down in space? i once saw a photo taken by the appollo astronauts of the earth while traveling to the moon. at the top of the photo was the south pole as referenced with the position of the space craft. the caption of the photo said, "australia, no longer down under". so just what is up and down, left and right, in outer space?

christians trying to prove the bible often use a passage that said that the earth is a circle. it's not. it's a spere and even that is not entirely correct. the equator is longer than any of the meridians that intersect the poles because of the centrifugal force created by the earths rotation. insignificant? sure but we're dealing with science here where details matter.

For better terms let us use "motion" instead of circular for it looks circular or oval to me when it comes to looking at the actions of a atom and the actions of our universe with its planets rotating around our sun.

I just wanted to have people to observe or be aware that there is similiarity in both of them. Of course not exact similiarity and exact reasons, but the end result of the same motion practically is there.

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 10:03 AM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/12/09 10:09 AM
Imagine that our planet wouldn't rotate from left to right but instead from up and down. How would the weather be then? Would we change the equator line as we know it to go a different direction? How would time be calculated? How would the seasons be? Perhaps longer or shorter or perhaps the same just backwards, if that is possible?

I mean imagine the solar system functioning exactly like an atom!

Okay this maybe a bit to bizzare for most to think about since it isn't possible. Or is it?

Perhaps in another universe there are planets that do this?

How do we know that we are actually upset down in this universe, but think we are right side up? Does gravity alone determine that?

Perhaps the gravity we know is actually inverted, yet we believe we are not.

Strange right!laugh

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 09:54 AM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/12/09 09:55 AM
I mean we know it isn't a exact circular motion, but the motion itself and in comparing both the atom and the universe has my puzzled.

I could imagine there are other universes that actually function quiet differently then how we know it. Perhaps not in a circular or oval or as described by jrbogie eliptical orbit patterns.

Afterall, these universes or galaxies are so huge we haven't even discovered a percentage of it yet. Would you agree everyone?

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 09:50 AM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/12/09 09:52 AM

Smiless, did you do any research on gamma ray bursts? It is practically a "state of the art" lesson on black holes all by itself.

As our astronomy has gotten much better, mostly with the help of Hubble, we can measure things we couldn't see before. The speed and radius of a star orbiting around a black hole tells us of it's existence. Recently, this method was used to prove the existence of the black hole in our galaxy and much more recently, indicate that it is probably a feature of all galaxies. The reason they exist is a story for another day.

Einstein obviously studied what would happen to the fabric of space time as a black hole stretched the fabric into it's void. A complex thought problem has to do with light, mass, black holes, and gravity.

All the processes we see at the event horizon of a black hole continue past the event horizon, we just can't see them. Light no longer escapes (Hawking Radiation aside) but the frictional and energy flux forces are still occuring at a decreasing "relative" rate as time slows.

Imagine a photon created by colliding matter just inside the event horizon. The directional vector of the photon is directly "out" or straight away from center of the black hole.

If the speed of light is a constant, the photon would still want to exit straight up since the curvature of space/time in all other directions would cancel out in vector mathmatics. However, the speed of light cannot change and the path cannot curve so what keeps the hole "black"?

The answer is that there is no limitation on the ability of gravity to stretch space/time so the space in with the photon is traveling is being stretched faster than the speed of light.

A photon may not exceed the speed of light but the space it occupies can be stretched towards the black hole at beyond the speed of light such that the photon thinks it is traveling forward at the speed of light while it is actually traveling backwards "relative" to us. That is what the theory of general relativity is all about.

Neither this, nor most of what I post, comes from a website.

Simply fascinating Metalwing. I will actually look for some videos and try to get a better understanding of how a black hole works. I think it helps to visualize it also while listening. Maybe I will get a better concept of the whole idea of a black hole.

To tell you the truth I think of a toilette flushing when I look at a black hole. laugh

Thank goodness I am not in that toilette at the timelaugh

Thanks for the rich informationdrinker

Actually, the whirlpool that is formed by a toilet is exactly like the matter falling into a black hole ... and for the same reason, i.e., gravity.

There are generally two different types of formations that we see causing black hole formation or growth. One is the collapse of a large star internally as gravity overwhelms the pressure needed to keep it in a gaseous, plasmatic state. The hydrogen fuel runs out and the star contracts as the heat needed to keep the atoms apart lessens. The electrons are crushed by gravity into the protons creating a massive shock wave. The protons are converted into neutrons and a trememdous blast of neutrinos blows the star to smithereens.

Most people think supernova are thermonuclear explosions when, in reality, the steady burning of the star is a thermonuclear explosion and the supernova is a gravitational collapse of matter creating a neutrino shockwave which is the actual explosion.

If the star is big enough for it's death to be called a Hypernova, the matter at the center of the star forms a black hole and the rest of the star falls inward to make it bigger. Another shockwave is formed by the compression of matter beyond it's limits (a complicated process) dealing with the E=Mc2 limits of kinetic energy and the mass is converted to gamma rays in a powerful burst exceeded only by the big bang. The typical energy output is equivalent to all our Sun's energy being used up in about ten seconds. This is called a Gamma Ray Burst.

Gamma Ray Bursts were discovered in the sixties by the US military looking for atomic bomb explosions on the dark side of the moon (no kidding) and the data was held secret for decades.

Wow well I believe many people don't know this information that you provide! That is for sure, even if it may be available on the internet or on videos.

It is simply fascinating, but sounds like a problem to worry about, or at least at seems like it. I mean I doubt we can do anything about it, but it surely does open up doors I could imagine.

The Gamma Ray Bursts are no joke. I will have to get more videos on this just out of curiousity.

As usual thanks for the rich information you provide us. Very interesting indeeddrinker

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 09:46 AM

not sure about the orbits of electrons but i don't think that there is evidence that the orbits of planets are circular. as far as i know they all follow eliptical orbit patterns.

Okay, but do you see the similiarity at all or get the jist of what I am trying to say?

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 09:44 AM
or the ring of trustlaugh drinker

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 09:43 AM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/12/09 09:55 AM
Perhaps unreasonable crazy people understand the world, yet no one really listens to them. I see it all the time in movieslaugh drinker

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 09:40 AM
Why didn't we get square planets and square suns instead? Have square dancing happening instead.rofl Just weird why the circular motion is more popular. I guess it has something to do with motion without being interrrupted. Turning corners would slow down a object like a cube would offer as opposed to a circular planet that spins and circles around a sun you can just go at a constant speed like on a NASCAR race track.

Also if we had square planets and rotate in one direction there would be no life right. The movement maybe to harsh, yet if the planet rotated slowly would that make a difference.

Well just weird thoughts. Don't mind me. :laughing:

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 09:34 AM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/12/09 09:34 AM
Don’t you find it ironic that the circular motion is such an important part of life we know it. I mean if you look at an atom and see that the nucleus could act like the sun and the electrons could act like a planets going around you wonder why we have the same exact thing going on in our solar system.

Well not exact and the same reasons perhaps, but have you ever thought about this circular motion that we have in both aspects of a atom and our universe?

Yes I know that in our solar system the planets go around the sun in one direction pretty much, but do all solar systems with planets on them do that? Do all planets rotate the same direction and not the opposite or going up and down around the sun like atoms would?

I mean this might not make sense, but maybe you can make sense out of it and explain it better then I can. I just find it ironic. Do you?

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 09:21 AM
Now that I think about it. If math would be quantized would that help physics in finding more answers about existence of a designer, or at least come closer to new possibilities?

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 09:10 AM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/12/09 09:14 AM
Actually I wonder if math alone could find the answer to a designer. That is what I meant by that, but to carry on with what you answered:

So if we changed our thought process to "quantized" instead of "continuum" that would be a significant step in finding out more if it is possible for a designer to have existed or continued, or however possible way of seeing how it all started in the first place would happen.

Am I understanding this correctly? If not then I would need layman terms pleaselaugh

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 08:57 AM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/12/09 08:58 AM

Smiless, did you do any research on gamma ray bursts? It is practically a "state of the art" lesson on black holes all by itself.

As our astronomy has gotten much better, mostly with the help of Hubble, we can measure things we couldn't see before. The speed and radius of a star orbiting around a black hole tells us of it's existence. Recently, this method was used to prove the existence of the black hole in our galaxy and much more recently, indicate that it is probably a feature of all galaxies. The reason they exist is a story for another day.

Einstein obviously studied what would happen to the fabric of space time as a black hole stretched the fabric into it's void. A complex thought problem has to do with light, mass, black holes, and gravity.

All the processes we see at the event horizon of a black hole continue past the event horizon, we just can't see them. Light no longer escapes (Hawking Radiation aside) but the frictional and energy flux forces are still occuring at a decreasing "relative" rate as time slows.

Imagine a photon created by colliding matter just inside the event horizon. The directional vector of the photon is directly "out" or straight away from center of the black hole.

If the speed of light is a constant, the photon would still want to exit straight up since the curvature of space/time in all other directions would cancel out in vector mathmatics. However, the speed of light cannot change and the path cannot curve so what keeps the hole "black"?

The answer is that there is no limitation on the ability of gravity to stretch space/time so the space in with the photon is traveling is being stretched faster than the speed of light.

A photon may not exceed the speed of light but the space it occupies can be stretched towards the black hole at beyond the speed of light such that the photon thinks it is traveling forward at the speed of light while it is actually traveling backwards "relative" to us. That is what the theory of general relativity is all about.

Neither this, nor most of what I post, comes from a website.

Simply fascinating Metalwing. I will actually look for some videos and try to get a better understanding of how a black hole works. I think it helps to visualize it also while listening. Maybe I will get a better concept of the whole idea of a black hole.

To tell you the truth I think of a toilette flushing when I look at a black hole. laugh

Thank goodness I am not in that toilette at the timelaugh

Thanks for the rich informationdrinker

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 08:53 AM

I just got done reading that link you offered. Simply amazing. Thanks for sharing that. Wow if that chicken didn't have a rough life then I don't know what rough life is. drinker

I mean just think the last thing it saw was a axe falling towards him. scared

I just noticed that you were referring your info to/as a chicken, but then in your last sentence...you referred to it as "him"...so, NOW...would that make it a ROOSTER?rofl waving what

Ah yes I wasn't paying attention. I just read Mike from the other poster indicating a chicken with no head.

Here I am flowing along.

A rooster named Mike with no head is what I should have read.laugh drinker

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 08:47 AM
Edited by smiless on Thu 11/12/09 09:00 AM
It makes one wonder if a designer can ever be found or at least an answer of how everything started can be proven.

Look at this mathematical genius that had a movie called "A Beautiful Mind" with Russel Crowe.

He just sees everything with numbers. He looks at his tie, then at other objects and you see only numbers.

I wonder if all these mathematical scientists preceive this world in this fashion all the time or turn it on when they want to to get deeper answers?

How did Einstein really look at this world and the universe. I mean yes we have written documents that indicate what he said and wrote about, but how did he really see it with his own eyes! That would be interesting?

Could Math alone figure out if there was a designer in the first place?

It would be interesting to know wouldn't it.

Yes I know many will say no and others yes, but perhaps we haven't achieved mathematical genius yet! Perhaps there is more we need to learn in that department.

Of course we have spiritual options. My goodness are there thousands of them, but it seems when it comes to these hard questions about what started everything you have

science and only science

science with spirituality

spirituality and only spirituality

then a little technology to help the science

then a little of everything

am I making any sense here? lol

What I am trying to say is you have different perspectives of what the designer could be. That is if one believes a designer even exists. Some don't believe there is a reason or needs to be either. I kind like that also myself. It is much easier to accept, although it keeps you curious and wondering at times.

In the end what if "math" would find the answer. That would be amazing wouldn't it? Maybe not glamourous like we want to see it. I mean how many people enjoy calculus, alegbra, trigonometry, and the host of other number solvations we have in this world.

How many actually do it on a daily bases today using formulas to really see how a designer could exist or get close to finding out if it is possible?

Okay let me stop or I am hogging up the whole thread talking alot of nonsense anyway. laugh

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 08:37 AM
Wow amazing! It is like a electricity suction that just sucks up anything that has heat or energy.

no photo
Thu 11/12/09 08:36 AM
Believe it or Not! The Evidence for a designer lies in the chocolate covered strawberries. laugh drinker