:cry: I want to hug someone so bad right now. :cry:

no photo
Mon 02/19/18 05:12 AM
Edited by 48Young on Mon 02/19/18 05:13 AM
-

no photo
Mon 02/19/18 05:05 AM
Edited by 48Young on Mon 02/19/18 05:16 AM

What a helpful topic. Taking notes.. laughs.. ok.. putting pencil down. Fork?? Girly woman girl? ladies, not sure if you are sincerely trying to help. Well there is lasting love and chocolate. I suppose those count..:)

Dark chocolate to be specific... Hope that helps! bigsmile

Incredibly helpful. I am nearly speechless with gratitude. :smile:

Note to self.. change lasting love and chocolate to lasting love and bitter chocolate. Check!!

Nah, bitter isn't good, neither is sarcasm tongue2

My apologies but it’s hard because milk chocolate is so good and then there is white chocolate and unsweetened iced tea. I will try to be more positive about dark chocolate but I am drawing the line at any kind of nuts. On the other hand spinach is awesome!

Forgive me for the “bitter” post? :grinning:

laugh

Hagen Daz makes a great white chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream.

Not sure it will go well with the spinach though.

So coachred, what do you feel would be more helpful as far as the topic goes and what's being posted here?

Fair enough. Serious answer.

What a woman needs.
Obviously my life experience is only as an observer. I believe every woman is unique and beautiful. Often “needs” are confused with wants. But a healthy self image is an often ignored need. Our culture tells us that we accomplish that by focusing on our “wants” but in my life experience a woman with a healthy self esteem is focused on loving others unconditionally. I suspect it is impossible to be negative when doing something helpful for a friend simply because they are your friend. As men, too often in relationships instead of supporting her self esteem we take advantage of her “lack” in order to gain her dependence. We compliment to be the “special voice “ instead of helping her see that her unique gifts are worthy with or without us. This sounds evil, but simply reflects that men also need a healthy self esteem.

Every person, man or woman, has amazing gifts and a life purpose. We also have the power of choice. When a lack of self esteem is present, we are apt to make more choices that bury our gifts and derail our purpose.

My advice to men. Stop trying to be the “one” to meet her need so you can win her over and simply help her uncover her gifts so she can flourish.
Women: you don’t need my perspective you are amazing so go and embrace what makes you unique. Be willing to trade happiness (temporary) for Joy (constant).

I know I know!! Too much and too long. Never ask a simple coach to answer a complex question. Lol

Sometimes it takes a minute to tell the truth. I believe this is very true very often.

Which ironically counts for the ice cream too. Hagen Daz does makes a great white chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream. tongue2

no photo
Sun 02/18/18 08:13 PM

Another "special" question, like in the past, do not kill me, IMHO, no one knows the answer for this question.

It’s all part of our master plan. laugh

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 09:53 PM
You can’t win if you don’t play.

Or is that lottery tickets?

I think it works for true love too.

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 09:40 PM
That’s what I think too.

no photo
Sat 02/17/18 09:36 PM

Food
Water
Clean Air
Chocolate

(Not necessarily in that order.)
the air doesn't need to be all that clean, either...

3 out of 4’s not bad. happy

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 12:44 PM
Did you send it by mail? Because my postman can be a bit of a wildcard. spock

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 12:37 PM

I'm confused..isn't it you ladies who are always saying looks aren't important? Or do y'all just tell me that?

I think physical attraction is rarely a reflexion of GQ or Covergirl standards of beauty. Most women can find physical attraction in kind eyes, charming smiles or even cute earlobes. Lol!

The question here is whether an attraction to personality and intellect bring our attention to physical attractions we were not initially drawn to.

I believe most women are more excited about the gift than the wrapper. flowerforyou

I like the way you phrase things. Im definitely a 'gift' kind of gal...lol.

I like to keep the pretty wrappers though. If you're careful taking the tape off you can use it to wrap a smaller gift, or for crafting....

What were we talking about? what laugh

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 12:34 PM

The reverse is probably even more common. I think most of us have, at least once, been taken in by a pleasant face, only to be repulsed by inner ugliness.

Thinking about it a bit....

I think our exposure to media sets an impression of physical attraction. Most everyone alive today has been exposed to some type of media where the good guy wears white.
Many people sub-consciously subscribe to dictated features of physical attraction. Just look at the actor/actress/stardom fandom.

People tend to go into relationships based on their perception of how the subject resembles their persons of interest. They match the impression of someone they like.

When we meet people for the first time we associate their looks to people we admire. They may not have any resemblance but our perceptions make the associations.
Time on target reveals the delusions over time. We realize they have no resemblance. It changes how we associate our familiarity with that person. We start to see them as they are, sometimes it results in attraction, sometimes, repulsion.

I have a knack for seeing youthful beauty in women. My age preferences limits the range of perspective matches. I accept aging. More often than not, I see the younger beauty in a woman that matches photos I see later.

I find it is that youthful vision that changes over time. It attracted me but as I gained clarity, her actual visage was not to my preference. Or, just the opposite. Her current visage increases my attraction to her.

My sister and brother-in-law have been married for 51 years. When I asked her she told me she still sees the man she married. He looks nothing like he did when I first met him. Her perception of him is a delusion but it is all she needs. I ask him, he told me the same.

Attraction is all perception. Perception can be reality or delusion. Its all based on personal associations. Associations that can change with time on target.

You make good sense.

And you've made it painfully clear to me. I have been dong this all wrong the whole time! slaphead

Not ONE of the men I've dated resembled Mathew McConaughey! tears

No worries, just change your perceptions of all the men you meet so they do resemble Mathew McConaughey.
laugh happy spock

I'm seeing someone now, but if I'm ever dating again....rofl

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 12:23 PM
Food
Water
Clean Air
Chocolate

(Not necessarily in that order.)

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 12:22 PM

The reverse is probably even more common. I think most of us have, at least once, been taken in by a pleasant face, only to be repulsed by inner ugliness.

Thinking about it a bit....

I think our exposure to media sets an impression of physical attraction. Most everyone alive today has been exposed to some type of media where the good guy wears white.
Many people sub-consciously subscribe to dictated features of physical attraction. Just look at the actor/actress/stardom fandom.

People tend to go into relationships based on their perception of how the subject resembles their persons of interest. They match the impression of someone they like.

When we meet people for the first time we associate their looks to people we admire. They may not have any resemblance but our perceptions make the associations.
Time on target reveals the delusions over time. We realize they have no resemblance. It changes how we associate our familiarity with that person. We start to see them as they are, sometimes it results in attraction, sometimes, repulsion.

I have a knack for seeing youthful beauty in women. My age preferences limits the range of perspective matches. I accept aging. More often than not, I see the younger beauty in a woman that matches photos I see later.

I find it is that youthful vision that changes over time. It attracted me but as I gained clarity, her actual visage was not to my preference. Or, just the opposite. Her current visage increases my attraction to her.

My sister and brother-in-law have been married for 51 years. When I asked her she told me she still sees the man she married. He looks nothing like he did when I first met him. Her perception of him is a delusion but it is all she needs. I ask him, he told me the same.

Attraction is all perception. Perception can be reality or delusion. Its all based on personal associations. Associations that can change with time on target.

You make good sense.

And you've made it painfully clear to me. I have been dong this all wrong the whole time! slaphead

Not ONE of the men I've dated resembled Mathew McConaughey! tears

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 10:19 AM

I don't know. I have spent a lifetime of looking goofy in the present and not as bad as I thought in the past. So your telling me that it wasn;t my looks that kept women away when I was young. Oh dear.. so I'm not charming? or witty? or steeped in personality? no sense of humor? wow.. depressing.. I just assumed it was the goofy looks. :smile:

Oh, I'm fairly certain you charmed your share Coach. laugh

lol.. you are right. My share being one and she did demand a lot of charming. Geesh.. I was exhausted by the time she finally said yes and then found out I had years of still "taking out the garbage". Pity is welcome.

I imagine she is a lucky lady. I bet you take out the trash like a rockstar! rofl

JK...seriously though. For the lucky ones it only takes 1. Good for you! flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 10:17 AM

Note: not a personal experience, just something I thought could be interesting discussion.

Have you ever been on a date (maybe a blind date/setup) with someone you initially had no physical attraction to, only to discover so much inner attraction you had to see them again?

If Yes, did your inner attraction change your physical attraction to them and how?

Attraction (any kind) to another human being (female or male) is our primary (initial) judgement that sets the stage for our level of interaction (if any).

Consider that there are different kinds and levels of attraction
Physical attraction
Sexual attraction
Intellectual attraction
Spiritual attraction
Financial attraction
Authority attraction
and even
Emotional attraction.

They don't occupy their own lil boxes. They over-lap, intensify and blur.
Whats more, they change as our perception changes as our emotional states ebb and flow.

Any discussion on attraction must also have considerations about repulsions.
There may be a physical attraction but a sexual repulsion. Any combination at any time and not set in stone.

Its the perception in the moment that sets the attraction/repulsion. Familiarity (duration of perception) changes the perceived attraction/repulsion.
Attraction is not a bold straight line drawn from one person to another, its a bunch of squiggly lines that loop and twist and fade and brighten as we spend time in their presence.

This reads like informative poetry. Nicely put.

So have you experienced a burgeoning perception in one type of attraction which overflows onto another type of attraction?

I have experienced initial repulsion that changes to attraction over time. I have also experienced intitial attraction that changes to repulsion over time.
I understand that it can be my perceptions. That the attraction or repulsion was always there in some way but my perception or anticipation made it a non-priority at first. That 'time on target' brought it to the front.

I've learned that first impressions are not as important as they are made out to be. That the 'time on target' clarifys.

That's a great point Tom4Uhere! The reverse is probably even more common. I think most of us have, at least once, been taken in by a pleasant face, only to be repulsed by inner ugliness.

Thanks for adding this to the discussion. flowerforyou

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 08:56 AM

Hey is it possible that a person known to you can possibly find a way to neglect the truth of a relationship..

Of course.
Ask any stalker.

scared ....but true.

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 08:50 AM

why? explain please.
I don't know about other men, but I can't make sense from the senseless...so I don't try anymore...

I predict you may be about to learn some women's minds very shortly mightymoe. rofl
probably... The past hasn't really taught me much, so the future doesn't exactly seem bright...

Oh, how the Mightymoe have fallen? slaphead

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 08:48 AM

I don't know. I have spent a lifetime of looking goofy in the present and not as bad as I thought in the past. So your telling me that it wasn;t my looks that kept women away when I was young. Oh dear.. so I'm not charming? or witty? or steeped in personality? no sense of humor? wow.. depressing.. I just assumed it was the goofy looks. :smile:

Oh, I'm fairly certain you charmed your share Coach. laugh

no photo
Fri 02/16/18 08:45 AM
Lacking Family & Friends ONLY filters, I don't think it's a good idea to post any specific personal information at all. Even then, dirty laundry belongs in the hamper, IMHO.

Previous 1 3 4