Community > Posts By > yzrabbit1

yzrabbit1's photo
Tue 03/11/08 06:10 PM

the Songs are good. Go Bongo Go. I listened to the other new one too. cool

yzrabbit1's photo
Tue 03/11/08 05:57 PM

eew!

Gee, (Spider said the old testament was about the love and mercy of the Lord thy God!)

All I can say is: eww!

It is, but it's also about Justice and Righteousness. You have looked at one small corner of a mural and decided that you don't like it. Look at the whole thing and you will discover a masterpeice.

This is true, a story would be pretty boring if there were no good guys and bad guys. laugh

Only problem is in the OT you can't tell which ones are the good guys and which are the bad guys.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 03/09/08 08:19 PM

I eat spaghetti all the time is that sacreligious? Maybe it was partaken at some type of supper with the flying spaghetti monster.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 03/09/08 08:05 PM

There is another materialism too. I never buy the "latest" of anything, I do not feel any drive to keep up with anyone. I do however like to buy things like MP3 players, new guitar, harmonicas, books, etc... That is also some type of materialism that you don't think about as much. Abra really got me thinking about in a different thread when he said something like how many things were bought with high hopes and now collect dust. Somehow the fact that we can buy something means that it is ok to, and maybe in this country sometimes it is a patriotic act.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/08/08 05:38 PM

Also what about people who will only show their face real close up and no other pictures?

Or people that have no picture of themselves at all?

and what is with the orange tan people don't they see that they are orange and not brown?

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/08/08 10:52 AM

The one true God Zeus does not like immersion. The is a trick by Poseidon. You are saying to Poseidon that he has the power in your life and not Zeus. Zeus is the only true God not Poseidon. Do not get fooled. Open your heart to God and you will know the truth. I only hope you do this before it is too late.

Poseidon will poison your soul. Ask it of Zeus the one true God.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/08/08 10:03 AM

So what is a miracle 1 in a million? If that is what you go by then there would be 300 of those that same day. Thats just out of the Aprox 300 mil people in the US. If you looked at the world population it would be much greater. That is why we can hear of these things. Basic science tells us that these people that heal better then expected are happening all the time.

If you want to prove miracles to me. Show me one of our great warriors. The men that our whole nation prays for, grow back a limb. Just one limb grown back by prayer and I will believe. Or maybe you think there is no soldier worthy of this miracle.

Depends on the level of faith of the individual, Does Miracles exist in Science? I thought science was all facts, and physical/visual evidence, granted i could be wrong.

Exactly my point. Miracles do not exist at all anywhere. So when a Dr makes a statement like that he is just saying that he is seeing something odd. Something he has never seen before. That does not mean God did something miraculous happened it means these things just happen every now and again. The science part is that we now know though observation that with a large enough group there can be many rare things occurring within it.
Just an anomaly.

Lol how can you not think it a miracle then....it means "something wonderful" or one of divine intervention. You dont
have to say it was God but for those of us that actually believe with enough faith you can move mountains we will continue to say God does all things through us that have faith.

So you are saying then the Soldiers with amputated legs that I mentioned do not have enough faith? WOW! I would never say that about our soldiers. I think they get the purest prayers ever prayed.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/08/08 09:48 AM

So what is a miracle 1 in a million? If that is what you go by then there would be 300 of those that same day. Thats just out of the Aprox 300 mil people in the US. If you looked at the world population it would be much greater. That is why we can hear of these things. Basic science tells us that these people that heal better then expected are happening all the time.

If you want to prove miracles to me. Show me one of our great warriors. The men that our whole nation prays for, grow back a limb. Just one limb grown back by prayer and I will believe. Or maybe you think there is no soldier worthy of this miracle.

Depends on the level of faith of the individual, Does Miracles exist in Science? I thought science was all facts, and physical/visual evidence, granted i could be wrong.

Exactly my point. Miracles do not exist at all anywhere. So when a Dr makes a statement like that he is just saying that he is seeing something odd. Something he has never seen before. That does not mean God did something miraculous happened it means these things just happen every now and again. The science part is that we now know though observation that with a large enough group there can be many rare things occurring within it.
Just an anomaly.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sat 03/08/08 08:35 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Sat 03/08/08 08:36 AM

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 03/07/08 05:41 PM

It says here that the old has fault in it...

Hebrews 8:6-7
But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 03/07/08 05:28 PM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Fri 03/07/08 05:31 PM
I think it is more like Jesus and the Holy spirit are actually one dude. If you notice they are never in the same place at the same time. It is like Robin Williams in the Show MRs Doubtfire and he has to be both the male character and Mrs Doubtfire at the same time in that restaurant scene and all hilarity ensues.

Obviously in this scenario Jesus would be the slacker Dad that can't keep a job and the Holy Spirit would be the Fake breasted cross dresser with an english accent.

yzrabbit1's photo
Fri 03/07/08 04:32 PM

Adam, which was the son of God. Luke 3:38

When they talk about the son of God they mean Adam. It is not Jesus like some people mistakenly think. Look here at this verse it is very clear.

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 03/03/08 05:48 PM

I would suggest you twirl a goat over your head as you chant "oh great Zeus thow art great, oh great one, of greatest, greatness"

If you buy a goat it may cost you a $100. If you borrow a goat it could be almost free. Either way it will be much cheaper then the annulment, and feel much less silly then the
submersion's thing.

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 03/03/08 05:44 PM

Im pretty sure it's Penn and Teller

yzrabbit1's photo
Mon 03/03/08 03:11 PM
Judges

9:13 And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man

God likes wine? I think you can get drunk with God.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 02/28/08 05:51 PM

Nice poem. Very nicely phrased.

smokin

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 02/28/08 09:18 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Thu 02/28/08 09:18 AM

I respect everyone's beliefs and faith. Ty to everyone for input. I just don't think I explained the situation very well

This is meant in the most positive way possible. I think you have received many good answer's here. (I personally think that if you put many people together and ask them for information you get close to the voice of God) Anyway, It looks like from your response here you already had an answer in mind when you asked the question. I think that may be a trap you are falling into in life. It just doesn't seem to go the way we want, the best thing to do is like the place we are.

yzrabbit1's photo
Thu 02/28/08 05:17 AM
Edited by yzrabbit1 on Thu 02/28/08 05:19 AM
Answering prayers would destroy faith. Faith is believing in something with out having any physical proof that it exists. If you prayed for anything and it appeared then you would have knowledge and not faith. So God does not answer prayers or interfere in our life on earth in any way.

Secondly if you decided that you wanted to go to a new church that God just hated and he started making your car break down. He made your kids ill and made it very obvious that, that Church was a bad one. Then you would no longer have free will.

So if you think it is important to have faith in God and you believe in Free will then you have to know that God does not interfere in our world. No miricals for you,no matter how big or small.
There are many people in here who's faith and relationship with God has been greatly improved by applying basic logic to their religion. The most interesting thing about that statement is that in Christianity logic is sometimes looked at as a sin greater then all others. It is often pointed out that it is one of the Devils great tools. So you would need to be brave enough to not let the Church tell you that studying is a sin.

Good Luck

yzrabbit1's photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:17 PM

glasses I was raised in what most people would consider an extremely religious enviroment and I turned out just fine. glasses Its perfectly natural.glasses Its been going on throughout history.glasses It really doesnt have any impact on the psychological development of the child.glasses It only affects the world view of the child.glasses There are no long term ill effects of being raised in a very religious enviroment.glasses

This isn't entirely true. You could imagine an extreme situation where someone kept their children from all outside information and only taught them that the world was flat and the sun moved around the earth, this would have a very bad effect on someone. If they never got out into normal society they may very well never have reason to question it.

yzrabbit1's photo
Sun 02/24/08 10:07 PM

I like it. Sounds very good and you were smart enough to post it on a thread were no one can say anything bad about it. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

drinker drinker

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next