Community > Posts By > JanDarling

no photo
Tue 03/27/18 07:03 AM

I don't know the answer to that one but it seems like things haven't really changed that much I can remember when I was younger dating men who would drop me if I didn't sleep with them right away,
I think there will always be people (both men & women) who are like that - theylaugh are just looking for sex or a superficial relationship If you find a country where the dating scene is more compatible as you say, let me know! laugh

I’ll definitely let you know! laugh

I may have become jaded just from watching my friends date over the years. Ugh! I’m very hesitant to get back into the dating scene based on that alone! surprised

no photo
Tue 03/27/18 06:58 AM

Have a nice day at work Jan waving I'm heading to breakfast so will see you later.

I should eat something too. I don’t go in until 1pm today, but have chores and errands to catch up with. I’ll be back tonight and try to catch the action. waving

no photo
Tue 03/27/18 06:56 AM

I so know that feeling laugh I'm blaming it on the altitude right now.... It's close to 9,000 ft... Not sure what I can blame it on when I get to Mackinac Island laugh

So Mackinac Island IS the final choice. That’s the one you shared pictures of a few days ago? Beautiful. When do you go?

no photo
Tue 03/27/18 06:47 AM

Going bonkers..laugh

Too many pages to read before work today. I’ll have to come back and catch up more tonight. :thumbsup:

no photo
Tue 03/27/18 06:42 AM
No trip, just a crazy busy work schedule. For the last two days I’ve had to hop from one job to the next. I used to work like this all the time when I was younger. I don’t remember it being this exhausting. laugh

no photo
Tue 03/27/18 06:36 AM

Women in the U.S. are colder and more jaded as a rule. It's just the material culture.
In the Philippines, they are warmer and have traditional values. Plus it's 10-1 women to men on islands. American women are great, but spoiled.
If you want responses, this is not the place. Go to any site in the Philippines and you will be hammered with responses, daily. It will become a fulltime job just keeping up.
Get a ticket for less than $600 rt right now. That is a honest and realistic answer. My sisters and women friends agree.

I haven’t been single for basically my whole life, so am certainly no authority. But I’m curious if you think it’s possible that more American women could have become jaded because they actually have more traditional values than the men in America?

It may just be my own single friends, but the biggest complaint I hear from the gals I know who have been out there dating over the last 20-or-so years is that many modern American men are no longer interested in traditional dating but just want to hook-up or play games.

Is it possible that in some other countries the men and women are more simpatico on the singles scene than Americans?

What do you think?

no photo
Tue 03/27/18 06:08 AM
I was only gone a couple of days and now have a whole day of reading to catch up with what’s happening. Ha!

How is everyone? :smile: :thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 03/25/18 10:13 AM
I think fear of intimacy is part of the thrill of a new relationship. The on-edge feelings like...does he like me too...does he find me attractive...is he playing or serious...will we be compatible in bed or will he have strange and unusual tastes...are all part of the excitement until they're proven right or wrong. It's one of the things that make us want to discover more about the one we're crushing on.

We have to become intimately knowledgeable about one another to find the answers, and sometimes the answers are not what we wish they would be. This creates fear of building up to another loss. IMO

no photo
Sun 03/25/18 08:10 AM
Dreary rain day

no photo
Sun 03/25/18 07:57 AM
It’s nice to see not all men are as greedy as others. laugh

Good luck in you search.

no photo
Sun 03/25/18 07:51 AM
I believe the most satisfied people pick and choose their compromises with care.

If we hold out for the things most important to us, the little things we compromise on no longer seem all that significant in the long run anyway.

no photo
Sat 03/24/18 10:08 AM
I have to keep deleteing prostate adds.

I don’t even have a prostate! laugh

no photo
Sat 03/24/18 10:04 AM
Famous last words...
What the hell...
Oh, why not?

Usually ends in...
Oh good grief!
What’re we thinking?

no photo
Sat 03/24/18 07:33 AM

So many ARE cruel to animals...beating horses and skinning cats.

I just want to live in a world where a chicken can freely cross the road without being questioned about intent.

rofl

no photo
Sat 03/24/18 07:20 AM

I use them all the time. I had no idea they might make people mad. sad2

Thanks for the warning. I’ll try to catch myself next time.

But if at first I don’t succeed, I’ll try, try again. laugh

explode ...nah...laugh
I'll get back on my horse after this episode:tongue:

Like everything it's about context, and in many cases a shorthand for what you are trying to say. I actually enjoy colorful language and metaphor. It this case it just seemed a lame attempt at condescention.

One that's getting a bit stale..."Livin the dream"..(when you ask how someone is doing).

Oh, I get it. happy

Sometimes they’re so overused, it’s like they’re beating a dead horse.

Always thought that one is very crued

no photo
Sat 03/24/18 07:06 AM
I use them all the time. I had no idea they might make people mad. sad2

Thanks for the warning. I’ll try to catch myself next time.

But if at first I don’t succeed, I’ll try, try again. laugh

no photo
Sat 03/24/18 07:01 AM
A day off! bigsmile

no photo
Sat 03/24/18 06:57 AM
You too Sceotical. I’m really enjoying everyone on the Mingle forums. flowers

no photo
Sat 03/24/18 06:47 AM
If you can read this, I’m about to slam in my breaks!

no photo
Fri 03/23/18 07:04 PM

I feel that until you spend a good deal of quality time with a person face to face in real life situations, you are only in love with an idea. If it goes on too long, this idea can cloud your judgement. I believe genuine friendships can cultivate, but romance requires a good deal of personal instinct that cannot be clearly felt online, or over the phone. That’s been my experience anyway.

Very true...how is an idea long enough to make you think it’s clouded your judgment ? Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I just think that the longer you allow an idea to brew, the stronger it gets. I just compared ideas to coffee. Lol! drinker

Here’s to more coffee and stronger brews drinker although coffee makes me palpitate I really can’t do without a morning dose thou. Same as I know loving can break me I just can’t forget how it can also make me feel alive . Cheers flowerforyou

drinker

Sorry, it was kinda rude for me to add my two cents to a question asked if Sweetie pie.

I agree with her response though and would add BUT, I do think you can have real affection for someone online. It would just be difficult to know for certain to what extent is it for the person or the idea. flowerforyou

Didn’t see any rudeness there jan flowerforyou I enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your thoughts. So keep writing them please flowers

That’s a kind thing to say Sceptial. flowerforyou

I enjoy your threads and posts too. :smile:

I know Sweetie pie. And when she sees this, she’ll whoa laugh At least online I can’t cut her off. tongue2

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 23 24