Community > Posts By > kmov

kmov's photo
Sat 03/10/18 07:05 PM
The business card approach. I have seen it used by quite a few guys. I have never really been very comfortable with it. I always feel like with a business card you give the impression that you are showing off as in "here is where I work and this is what I do and this is my position at work". Guess my biggest problem with it is that it's so easy to attract the wrong woman that way. Person might call you and show interest in you when in actual fact it's the money they believe you earn that they are after. And just like women sometimes find it hard to see if a man is only after sex,we men sometimes find it hard to see if a person is only after money

kmov's photo
Fri 03/09/18 10:13 PM
Thank you Tom. Won't say that I know the channel or the radio station but there must be some coincidence there as I'm a sucker for blues

kmov's photo
Fri 03/09/18 10:13 PM
Edited by kmov on Fri 03/09/18 10:14 PM
Thank you Tom. Won't say that I know the channel or the radio station but there must be some coincidence there as I'm a sucker for blues

kmov's photo
Fri 03/09/18 09:52 PM

Not online.

But when you're at home town events or gatherings are you a Flirt or a bit shy around people you don't know?

Would you make the first move? As asking for date?

I'm outging and a bit of a Flirt.

I've never made the first move. I'm not a flirt but I'm not shy either. I don't approach a woman with the ulterior motive of getting with her, never have never will. I figure if she's interested enough she'll approach me and it has been working out just fine for me.

I'm kinda the same way too. I've never met a stranger in my life. I'm outgoing and friendly. But I've learned that for the most part, it's best to let the woman approach me. I was taught growing up that a man is supposed to go after the woman. Pursue her. And I did that for many years.

By the time I hit my mid 20's, I stopped. I finally realized that things had changed so much that I needed to change. With some women, flirting with them can get you into trouble. With some, just speaking to them can get you into trouble. So, to avoid those that seem to think they are all that and a bag of chips and every man wants them, I just let the interested come to me.

:thumbsup:
Your last paragraph describes me as well. Nothing to add.

Jeez you guys have it easy!!! I don't know whether its a cultural thing or whether it's my personality but I have hardly ever had a woman approach me or make the first move. I can actually count the number of times that has happened. I wouldn't say I'm a flirt, but if I see someone interested in me and I find myself interested,I approach. If though I'm interested and I don't sense even a tinkling of it from the lady,I keep to myself

kmov's photo
Fri 03/09/18 09:38 PM
That's why I am saying I'm a bit confused. One of the first things he mentioned was finding a woman mesmerising at gym. So can one not deduct from that that he is talking about approaching a woman with the intention of asking her out?

I don't know,maybe I'm reading too much into it,or maybe my aversion to dating thus even approaching a married woman is clouding my comments.

But what I will say though is that you can't always pass up opportunities simply because of fear. I would suggest you approach the lady at gym. Because trust me brother, though it might sting a bit if she rejects you, what will sting more is if some new joinee chats her up and dates her right in front of you. You'll be kicking yourself for days

kmov's photo
Fri 03/09/18 08:52 PM
I would have to agree with Tom, it's all about confidence and self-esteem. They are not only confident in approaching a complete stranger and risking rejection, but also they understand that rejection is a way of life and don't let that fear stop them as they know that they won't lose anything by it. The best feeling about that is that they can always cheer themselves up by knowing they at least gave it a shot.

What I find a bit confusing is your statement about married women. So what you are saying is you find it easier to walk up to a married woman and chat her up then a single one?