Community > Posts By > tiann58

tiann58's photo
Sat 09/25/10 07:01 PM

Ok, it is Saturday night and everyone on here is probably bored and wishing they were doing anything else than sitting in front of a computer.
If given the chance for a dream, perfect Saturday night out, where would you go?

Me, I would be playing a game of 8-ball. OR Sitting around a fire singing goofy camp songs.

Typical Saturday night for me. . .watching TV and doing laundry. I just come in here to see if anybody's on the computer during the commercials. LOL

Last night, though, I went to a very nice open house for a business my part-time boss is opening. Had a great time and met some nice people. :smile:

tiann58's photo
Sat 09/25/10 09:28 AM

Why are there so many people out their who can lie to the ones that they love!

Perhaps they don't really love. Perhaps they think they're "protecting" the other person from the truth when, in fact, the lie just makes things worse.

tiann58's photo
Sat 09/25/10 06:36 AM

Yeah it seems like my family is trying to marry me off... I live with my dad and his horrible wife who wants me out. My dad won't let her kick me out until I finish college or get married tho, so she's wanting me to get married. I'm not saying give up in general, I just mean online dating. Any guys here that are near my age seem like all they want is sex... not what I'm lookin for. Thanks for the input though, everyone.

Don't give in to the pressures and end up with the wrong guy. You'll end up paying the rest of your life in one way or another.

Online dating is as bad as IRL dating. . .just more chances to be crushed more quickly. It's not just the guys your age that are only looking for a hookup. They're my age and every age in-between. Heck, I even have 20-somethings looking to ME for a hookup. How desperate is that?!?

I've met some really nice people online. . .as well as many MORE stinkers. Just use your own judgment and don't allow yourself to be pushed into anything. Four months is NOT a long time to be "looking." Even four years is not unreasonable (even though it feels like forEVER -- take it from one who knows). Wait and make sure it's right before taking a plunge. Look after yourSELF first; if you don't, nobody else will. happy

tiann58's photo
Sat 09/25/10 06:14 AM
Edited by tiann58 on Sat 09/25/10 06:15 AM

"If its a matter of months, and some stds have few signs, then ok, but YEARS? HELLO!!! I would not be angry, but I would indeed think less of them, at least for a period, only because Im not promiscuous and as such, a relationship would truly count on trust. After all, sexual behavior comes with responsibility"

If you hadn't been with anybody since that ex, then why would you bother to get tested? Granted it might have been a good idea right after the ex, but if you didn't have symptoms, then there wouldn't have been any pressing reason to test.

(Still getting a handle on this "quoting" thing. grumble

I think the reason/bother has already been established.

Sure, in hindsight. :tongue:

tiann58's photo
Sat 09/25/10 06:02 AM
Edited by tiann58 on Sat 09/25/10 06:03 AM
"If its a matter of months, and some stds have few signs, then ok, but YEARS? HELLO!!! I would not be angry, but I would indeed think less of them, at least for a period, only because Im not promiscuous and as such, a relationship would truly count on trust. After all, sexual behavior comes with responsibility"

If you hadn't been with anybody since that ex, then why would you bother to get tested? Granted it might have been a good idea right after the ex, but if you didn't have symptoms, then there wouldn't have been any pressing reason to test.

(Still getting a handle on this "quoting" thing. grumble

tiann58's photo
Fri 09/24/10 11:36 AM
I agree completely! That's the problem I've run into on other sites -- if you're not willing to compromise yourself, you don't get too far. Needless to say, I didn't get too far. LOL

Hoping for better luck here! happy

tiann58's photo
Thu 09/23/10 07:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to making new friends. I'll check out Topicless. Sounds interesting. :)

tiann58's photo
Wed 09/22/10 02:27 PM
Hi, I'm Terri. New to this site, just hoping to make some new friends. I live and work in Louisville.

tiann58's photo
Wed 09/22/10 02:22 PM
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Hope to meet some interesting people.