Sun 06/03/18 03:05 AM
Edited by Earthgirl83 on Sun 06/03/18 03:06 AM

Brave by Sara Bareilles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQsqBqxoR4

Earthgirl83's photo
Wed 05/16/18 03:05 AM
Edited by Earthgirl83 on Wed 05/16/18 03:05 AM

notbeold:
Generally as soon as a heap of people start singing about what they are doing, I turn off and change the channel.

I can relate laugh I don't really watch many of them - full. I just pick select scenes to watch; except Sound of Music, ofcourse.

But oopsies, I'm lazy to google. Don't know really the difference between musicals, opera, broadway ohwell But I appreciate them all.

For those who like musicals (and I hope these ones really are musicals?) you might enjoy or have already enjoyed these:

* Fiddler on the Roof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBHZFYpQ6nc

* Master of the House
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZYSzxZcvA

These men... really very good and HIGHLY entertaining! I've listened and watched countless of times esp. Fiddler's.

Earthgirl83's photo
Thu 05/10/18 01:51 AM
Edited by Earthgirl83 on Thu 05/10/18 01:52 AM
"Want a walk to remember?" - I think is a real good one!

I like how you wrote your profile, sir, as it shows you are intentional and that you really thought about what you wrote.

For me, this part feels intimidating though, "Know the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything?" but that's just me.

Seeing a list can sometimes make one feel hesitant even if they think they tick many of the boxes... but you'll attract the ones who are ok with it. Like you said, "the right person for me knows and understands that." I like the ones that show what kind of marriage you'd like to have.

Earthgirl83's photo
Wed 05/09/18 12:37 AM

Pinkbunny43:
Sound of Music

Same! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMuTDdWXbNo

Haven't watched live musicals :(
I also appreciate songs from other musicals.

* Sun and Moon - Miss Saigon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqqvXwSVgXg

* Music of the Night - Phantom of the Opera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZDcSrODALQ

* All I Ask of You - Phantom of the Opera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy1lWiHHHFY

* On My Own - Les Mis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjfmP7h3gBw

Earthgirl83's photo
Sun 05/06/18 04:36 AM

I hope you're not suggesting I go visit a psychiatrist scared smile2
But you are right, it's not bad to seek help if it's really needed.

Have to go. Another (picture) joke:

Earthgirl83's photo
Sun 05/06/18 03:57 AM
Umm, not sure what you mean....
No, I haven't gone to a psychiatrist. Don't worry I will never burn people smile2

Earthgirl83's photo
Sun 05/06/18 01:39 AM
Edited by Earthgirl83 on Sun 05/06/18 01:40 AM

mikey4yousweety:
Be quite or I'll write you a letter then set fire to you laugh
:thumbsup:

Mrmxb:
Oh my God. Did you go to that psychiatrist?

:wink:

rofl Be scared... be very scared now! laugh

bank2007:
Earthgirl83spock whoa From what point did I have to start laughing? :)) I didn't get it. smile2

After the last quotation mark, please. waving

And for today:

Your dog's barking at the back door. Your wife's barking at the front.
Who do you let in?

Well, it's your call... but the dog will stop barking when you let him in.

Earthgirl83's photo
Sat 05/05/18 06:41 AM
I shouldn't say it, but I will do it for you flowers

Erm, I feel nervous now to say "I" :smile:

The psychiatrist said to write letters to the people I hate and burn THEM. The psychiatrist meant to burn the letters, but "I" misunderstood what the psychiatrist referred to as "THEM"... I thought the psychiatrist meant to burn the people and that's what "I" did. So, now I'm wondering what to do with the letters.

It's a dark humor, sorry. flowers for you. Happy Saturday!

Earthgirl83's photo
Sat 05/05/18 06:11 AM

Hi Mrmxb waving
It means he burnt the people he hate, not the letters :/

Earthgirl83's photo
Sat 05/05/18 06:06 AM
Edited by Earthgirl83 on Sat 05/05/18 06:08 AM

mwx02:
I am a christian, and have learnt from experience how difficult it can be to extricate yourself from an incompatible partner especially after having sex. I had an Ex girlfriend I ended up having to block her number.

I have had just friendships with women, who were prospective partners and when it was clear that it could go no further than friendship it was far easier and respectful to just remain friends. I was not looking for a relationship with the women although they were attractive and I can't deny there were times I thought about what it would be like in a physical relationship with them even before marriage. One friend in particular she found a Man and got married, they now have two children together. He is more suited to her and meets her needs far greater than I could ever do. I don't have any guilty looks or embarrassment and pray for them to be blessed.

There is no denying as a relationship blossoms it is hard not too go and eat the forbidden fruit. The plus side to this is:

1) It creates trust between you, both of you know how close you may or may not have come to fornication. With the burning passion smouldering and you being able to demonstrate self control creates the trust and respect of each other.

2) You are able to set boundaries and observe them again cementing trust.

3) There is a blessing in the bible that says:

Hebrews 13:4 β€œLet marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.”

4) Getting to know someone rather than just becoming a physical object so that conversations about dreams and aspirations and all the important things that break up marriages is discussed.

Nofearinlove:
Well said brother in Christ. God bless you

Couldn't have said it better. flowers flowers flowers

Earthgirl83's photo
Sat 05/05/18 05:54 AM
"My psychiatrist told me to write letters to people I hate, then burn them.
It's done.
Now what do I do with the letters."

Earthgirl83's photo
Sun 04/29/18 10:29 PM

FeliceCanadese: The Shape of Water...the movie and the book.:heart:

Oh, didn't know it was from a book. It's kinda dark, but it made me cry sad ohwell

* Life of Pi
* One Night with the King

Earthgirl83's photo
Sat 04/28/18 01:48 AM
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson decide to go on a camping trip. After dinner and a bottle of wine, they lay down for the night, and go to sleep.

Some hours later, Holmes awoke and nudged his faithful friend.

"Watson, look up at the sky and tell me what you see."

Watson replied, "I see millions of stars."

"What does that tell you?"

Watson pondered for a minute. "Astronomically, it tells me that there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, I observe that Saturn is in Leo. Horologically, I deduce that the time is approximately a quarter past three. Theologically, I can see that God is all powerful and that we are small and insignificant. What does it tell you, Holmes?

Holmes was silent for a minute, then spoke: "Watson, you idi*t. Someone has stolen our tent!"

Earthgirl83's photo
Sat 04/28/18 01:31 AM
Edited by Earthgirl83 on Sat 04/28/18 01:36 AM

* Gary Chapman (The Five Love Languages) - haven't finished reading it :/ But it made a lot of sense to me and it's an eye-opener. Mr. Chapman is awesome!

* Dr, Axe - I don't follow everything, but I believe in his cause. I learned a lot about health and functional medicine.

* Dave Ramsey - have only watched a few of his videos on YouTube. The first one, and the one that really influenced me about savings and finances, is the Seven Baby Steps.

Earthgirl83's photo
Sun 04/22/18 02:01 AM

So why do men get upset when your telling them you don't want to get involved if they live far away/across country. Up in age, I don't want to waste anyone's time with long distance, and I have tried it a couple of times too, so I am not wanting that.

Not a guy here, but it could be because they've experienced rejections many times. Them being the ones who usually initiate contacts. So when they got another rejection, some chose to let their anger/frustration out a bit. If they approached nicely and seem to be genuine, just let them down gently.

If they bad-mouthed you, just ignore. Btw, on my first day here I received an email that someone kicked my butt, LOL. Found out it's from someone I ignored (photo's different from what profile text says - suspicious). I was like, what? noway On a date site? surprised shocked what

Earthgirl83's photo
Fri 04/20/18 05:17 AM
Hi Crystal, for me I guess it's ok - no reaction to photos if he still continues to pursue you or communicate with you showing interest/attraction. He commented on one of your pics, so he didn't totally ignore and maybe he's also just waiting for the time to really show you appreciation about your pics. You're still trying to get to know if he's a suitable lifetime mate [if that's what you're looking for], so I guess no worries yet :)

If your love language [if you're familiar with it] is words of affirmation, I understand it may be difficult if that's how you feel loved/valued.

Earthgirl83's photo
Wed 04/18/18 03:38 AM
It's the oil I use to cook foods :)
I like coconut products. I'm glad I live in a place with lots of coconuts! Coconut oil is also what I use on my skin since I stopped using conventional moisturizer/lotion.

Earthgirl83's photo
Wed 04/18/18 03:15 AM

There are many but just few in the forums waving welcome to the happy place kababayan. Enjoy yourself and be safe flowerforyou

Thank you, kabayan! :) waving