Community > Posts By > astrofan1

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 04:07 PM
its incredible to me that the miners are in such good physical condition.....miners is tough...lol

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 03:54 PM

yes, he actually does....says that everyone can be a patriot and a pinhead at times. and just because you are one in one instance, does not lock you into that catagory forever...Bill is actually quite "fair and balanced":wink:

thats nice to hear,, yet the cover and full title of the book sure makes it look as if its going to be more obama bashing,,,,
Bill is a conservative, but he actually gave several compliments to the president...dont get me wrong, he called him a pinhead for some things, but did call him a patriot for several things as well...we can all be pinheads at times. respectful critisism.happy

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 03:48 PM
dang all this talk is makin me want to replace my photo with one of my balding head....just so I dont misrepresent myself....slaphead

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 03:25 PM
I dont think anyone can disagree....the dang HCR bill should have been read by those who voted on it...before the vote. that just makes sense right? for or against it, it should have at least been read first.frustrated

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 03:09 PM
dang i am jealous...you have been everywhere. I have been to arches np, it is really wierd. I can see why the outlaws of the old west hid out there. i thought all the caution for flood signs were a joke, it looks as though water has never been there...lol

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 02:47 PM

I dont think americans truly all share any one value

at best, I think we share ideals such as being created equal, but the ideal falls apart when it meets 'group' mentality

it will be interesting to see the answers of others, but I truly cant think of one value we all share that relates to the constitution

I agree...

I am an american, my grandparents were all immigrants from Ireland and Italy, and come to this country to provide a better life for themselves, their families... and to achieve their dreams...

Americans do not share one value, or system of values - more so they share in the belief that the framwork established by the founders of our country are worth preserving, pursuing - and if need be defending.

It's a belief in the structure of the country - established by the constitution and refined by the bill of rights - that we are free to pursue our own values within...

"all men are created equal" is not a VALUE, it's an "UN-ALIENALBE RIGHT"...

$.02 drinker
right on!!!

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 02:11 PM
thanks everybody...even you fear and loathing...lol:laughing:

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 02:01 PM
yes, he actually does....says that everyone can be a patriot and a pinhead at times. and just because you are one in one instance, does not lock you into that catagory forever...Bill is actually quite "fair and balanced":wink:

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 01:50 PM
I just got finished reading Bill O'reilly's pinheads and patriots. I would recomend it to anyone who enjoys his show. I also recently read the Overton window by Glenn Beck. The overton window is a fast paced exciting novel, a great read.happy

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 01:06 PM

I also stayed in Whitefish...I didn't get to do any hiking as I hurt my knee on the way there ( will be getting a new knee in 3 wks) but I plan to go back and see more when I can walk. My brother lives in northern Idaho so its not far from him.. Once before when there I did a drive from Missoula north to Kalispell, west to Libby, Mt and then south to the area where my brother lives.. Absolutely beautiful country out there!!
congrats on the new knee, you will be running up mountain trails next time you visit i bet. we came home through Idaho, your brother is a lucky guy to live in such beautiful country. We visited an opal mine in northern idaho, it was very interesting.

astrofan1's photo
Wed 10/13/10 01:02 PM
we only made it halfway up the going to the sun road, the snow was still covering the road...the whole place is beautiful. cant wait to go back one day.

astrofan1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:39 PM
i know i am new here, but personally I think its educating to hear the slander as well as the good. I can appreciate playing devils advocate in order to create discussion and debate too. over the top or not, it seems to get people talking.:tongue:

astrofan1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:08 PM
Yes, I agree. My sons and parents and I were there in june last year, guess we just missed yall. Being from Texas, the contrast of terrain and the altitude was overwhelming the first day or so. After that, me and my kids covered every trail we could handle... we were within sight of the granite shalet at the top of devils elbow, and had to turn around because the trail was blocked. we saw yellowstone on the way as well. I will be visiting again. perhaps even move a little more north some day.think

astrofan1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:00 PM
Army, Infantry...I agree with you, the "tea-bag" thing is really old. and there is nothing racist about the tea party.

astrofan1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 06:37 PM
your right, the Tea Party movement is not a phenom. It is perhaps the most Amercan thing to happen to politics in our lifetime. I have been to several rallies, and have witnessed nothing other than concerned citizens who are afraid of the direction our country has been taking. As an ex soldier, who took an oath to defend the Constitution, I feel good about the effort by regular patriotic Americans to do the same. God bless America!!!

astrofan1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 06:16 PM
I recently visited Glacier National Park in Montana, Its the most beautiful place I have ever been to, The mountains are breath taking, and the wildlife is awsome...My sons and I had a close encounter with a 600 lb. grizzly bear on a narrow mountain trail. Has anyone else been to the park? I would love to visit again soon.:smile:

astrofan1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 06:00 PM
can you imagine 69 days in a mine without sunlight or proper food?...I hope the rescue goes without incident.

astrofan1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 05:41 PM
thanks Vivian, I will take your advice, and see what happens.:wink:

astrofan1's photo
Tue 10/12/10 05:36 PM
Hi everybody, I have been on this site for a week now, and have met no one...not talking about meeting my soulmate or anything, just talking about meeting someone, anyone!!! as I look through the profiles, I have been doing the mutual match thing, to no avail...whats the best way to meet new folks on this site? help, am I here alone?...lolfrustrated

astrofan1's photo
Thu 10/07/10 05:44 PM
our news is scary.....