Community > Posts By > Remington1857

Remington1857's photo
Sun 01/13/08 01:12 AM
Large city...

I came from a small town of 7,000 and although the people were nice, the job situation was not. Besides I am like a moth to the city lights, there is so much more to do in the city. I've moved to a city that is amost a million strong & what a difference. I love it.

:heart: And since I'm a people person, meeting & chatting with people comes easy. Now if I can only find a single woman who shares the same interests... sad :heart:

And the beat goes on... :heart:

Remington1857's photo
Sun 01/13/08 12:57 AM

went thru long 17 yr marrige. he was a drunk, liar an abusive. seem to have found the same type guys dating. now do i dare take the wall down an let another in?

Somehow we are attracted to the same types of people that we've left or tried to leave. Only thru therapy will we be able to get help to get passed this barrier. I'd recommend reading "50 Ways to Find True Love" by Chuck Spezzano. This book will help you understand where you've been, where you are now and how to get to the next steps. It certainly helped me... And it not only helps with your love life, but with family, friends and acquaintenances too. flowerforyou

laugh

Remington1857's photo
Sun 01/13/08 12:45 AM
I chose Remington1857 as it an old Western Army Handgun first patented in 1857. I liked "Colt45" too, however Remington had more of a ring to it. love People would ask me if I'd taken the name from Remington Steele, sadly no... noway

Remington1857's photo
Sat 01/12/08 11:33 PM

What is the best part of being in a committed relationship?

It is what I would call RIGHT... love

R=respect, I=Integrity, G=generosity, H=honesty, T=Trust & Truth and above all Love. Anything missing and you have brokenheart

Wynonna Judd puts it quite aptly in her song "She is His Only Need" and I agree with all the posters... :wink: :heart:

Remington1857's photo
Sat 01/12/08 11:18 PM
Go to your local library and get books on reading body language, since 92% of communcation is non-verbal, what you are saying may be out of sinc with what your body language is telling the opposite sex. This also goes with charisma, for some it comes easy, for others it is learned. Just as with everything in life, these are new skills that you will have to master. Now go forth grasshopper...

As for "actively seeking a girlfried to lose your cherry" noway If you're that desperate, seek a hooker... Personally I'd be worried about STD's...

First learn to be the friend that you are seeking... It's not that hard, and the rest will come easy...

Remington1857's photo
Sat 01/12/08 11:03 PM

why do people think it is funny to insult you or someone else? i believe in a good sense of humor and love to joke around, but would never insult someone for the sake of entertaining myself!

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ~ Martin Luther King Jr.

Having said that, I've learned to speak up for those who will not or cannot speak up for themselves; the children, the elderly and those who have been abused. We all have a choice, we can make a difference... zero tolerance mad :angry: explode noway

Remington1857's photo
Sat 01/12/08 10:48 PM

I'd say i'm single due to my shape but... naw....its cause long distance relationships rarely work. I still have faithflowerforyou

There's nothing wrong with your shape...I Checked!!! love However I do tend to agree with you on the long distance relationships in part.

Remington1857's photo
Sat 01/12/08 10:26 PM
Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go. ~ Author Unknown

Ask me why I keep on loving you when it's clear that you don't feel the same way for me... the problem is that as much as I can't force you to love me, I can't force myself to stop loving you. ~ Author Unknown

If the relationship is one-sided & you're the one trying to hold it together, it will most certainly fail. A relationship must be built on a strong emotional foundation and you both must work on it through effective communication. Been there, done that... so I know what you're going through. Sometimes we must take a stand and move on... :cry:

Remington1857's photo
Sat 01/12/08 10:11 PM

I'm a big disgusting fatty right now. There is no way I would put myself out there to date. I feel like a manatee. Ick.

A cutie like yourself, why not? You got my vote! 10/10 Now only if I was 20 years younger! Oh well...

BBW's are BEAUTIFUL. My advice - Don't even sneeze, I don't want you to lose so much as a gram!!! :tongue:

Beauty starts from within, love yourself and others will see it, & try not to be so self-critical... Hmmm Manatees are so gentle & graceful too...

Remington1857's photo
Sat 01/12/08 09:41 PM

I really don't get it. If you say "yes" or "maybe" to someone and they do the same for you, and then you email them to break the ice and never get a response, what's the point? I thought it was supposed to be an easy way to meet others since you could go in knowing that at least they didn't think you were a hideous monster. hahaha enlighten me, please!

IMO - It depends on who is the aggressor... AND since women have the upper hand on the next step(s), I would like to think if you're really interested in someone, then pursue (not stalk) your interests by emailing, IM'ing or calling. Until the other person actually says "NO" then I'd say take the initiative...

To me, only the players really know how to play the game of cat & mouse. If someone wants to be my friend first, then "Hey" I'm all for that & let's let the dance begin. Otherwise we can assume the person is no longer interested...

Sometimes... how do you say "NO" politely?blushing

Remington1857's photo
Sat 01/12/08 08:41 PM

AM I THE UGLIEST PERSON ON EARTH OR THE STUPIDEST OR BOTH?
WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH NO ONE ON HERE EVER REPLYING TO MESSAGES. I HAVE BEEN ON HERE FOR AT LEAST 2 MONTHS AND HAVE SENT ABOUT 50 OR 60 E-MAILS. I HAVE ONLY GOTTEN 2 REPLIES.
WHY? SOMEONE TELL ME. frown sad

STOP shouting!!! And stop with all the negative waves!!! I agree with all the posters that you do need to put more into your profile... If you want friends, be one first, otherwise you'll have to go play by yourself in the corner & you can't play with my toys either...

AaronZ!!! U just kill me...LOL laugh laugh

Remington1857's photo
Sat 01/12/08 08:20 PM

a breast reduction do you think this will change how men view me?? Please Rate me.....

YES men will certainly view you differently, they'll actually be making more eye contact...laugh "I'm up here!"

And NO, don't change you're hooters to smaller, go bigger if you really want a change, otherwise you and "they" are just perfect!!! 1000/10

Remington1857's photo
Sat 01/12/08 08:03 PM

Hi, I am fairly new to JSH and wanted anyone's opinion about my profile, what could be changed or improved upon. I'd love to hear what you think!

Good profile & profile pix!!

Way too much reading for a guy, but the pix are great. The pix will force them to read the rest. Gotta love a girl with a strategy!

RU4real? Then mine should blow you out of the water!!! MORE is better, some of us do read ALL the profile... LOL