Community > Posts By > nickistaken

no photo
Thu 07/09/20 07:41 AM
Too many syllables for Haiku!

no photo
Tue 07/07/20 03:20 PM

If I might offer a different opinion...

One Life Matters ~ Yours.

Considering nobody else experiences life from behind your eyes and the only life you actually live is from your own perspective, the only life that actually matters is your own.
This is because when you die, the life you experience, ends.

Empathy and compassion for others might make you socially accepted but what really matters is the life only you can live. Without you, you don't exist.
Everything is life according to you.

Since we humans are a social species, the next level of importance are people that matter to you personally. Your parents, siblings, children and personal friends matter much more than a stranger. The people who have a direct influence on the quality of your life matter to you because you matter to you.
So...The second part of reality is...

Lives Important To You Matter

As we descend the stairway of influence on our own lives we find the actual importance of others wanes as we move further from the top. The reality is we have less concern for others lives the more distant the personal connection.
The less influence someone has on our personal life experiences the less concern we actually have for their lives.

Oh, we might act as if we actually care about the strangers we read or hear about but in reality it's a convoluted delusion of empathy or righteousness.
We humans have the ability/curse of thinking we exist outside the natural order of life. We get so focused on being a "good" person we forget we are a person first.

"All Lives Matter" until it requires a sacrifice of your own life.
"Black Lives Matter" until it requires a sacrifice of your own life.

If All Lives did Matter, there would be no poverty, no homelessness, nobody sick because they can't afford the medicine to make them healthy, no thirst from a lack of clean drinking water, everyone would have a full education, all fights would be interrupted and on and on and on.

How many times have YOU told your children we can't eat today because we are giving our food to someone who is hungry?
How many times have YOU picked up a homeless person and brought them to your home to sleep in your bed while you sleep on the floor?
How often do YOU stop what you are doing and console a stranger who is in emotional pain?
How many times have YOU faced life or death danger for a stranger?
Are you a fireman all the time?
Are you a police officer all the time?
Are you a soldier all the time?

Quite good points. I try to tell the finger pointers that they come into this world with only their soul, and they leave with nothing else. It is supposed to make them think. (Some are so self righteous I can tell they lack any self awareness, but all you can do is try...)

no photo
Tue 07/07/20 03:11 PM

Some people look at the negative in everything

That is true. If a child were starving and said they wanted something to eat, I would see the negative in the prick who responded, "Everybody wants something to eat."

If someone came to a homeless shelter and said they needed a place to stay, I would see the negative in the prick who responded, "Everybody needs someplace to stay." I would see it as dismissive and uncaring, just like those people who respond to Black Lives Matter, with All Lives Matter.

Some people look at negative things negatively.

After a lifetime of it, it is all they can do.

no photo
Sat 07/04/20 01:08 PM
Some people look at the negative in everything

no photo
Sat 06/27/20 05:29 AM
Edited by nickistaken on Sat 06/27/20 05:40 AM
There is a slight backup of posts for management approval.

Luckily, I posted this 2 years ago and I see now that it is approved.

(Edited for speeling.)

no photo
Fri 06/26/20 08:02 AM
I predict that women with naked photos will contact you!

Get out there and purchase some gift cards, lol

no photo
Sat 06/20/20 07:19 AM

Bar crawling is for seasoned fanatics, just before bar spewing.

Visit neighboring town's churches to meet new people, who may not be substance abusers.

Reminds me of a work conversation at lunch once. Some women were annoyed about drinkers, so I said "Yeah, I don't like drinking and driving! If I've been drinking, I get in the car, floor it, and get home as fast as I can!"

Two of them were appalled, and one woman piped up and said "I just drink to be sociable." So I agreed, saying "Yeah, I just drink to be sociable, and to see who ELSE is under the table..."

Drinking jokes. I wonder how long it will be before those will be blacklisted in society.

no photo
Sat 06/20/20 07:09 AM
The effort is organized more than most proles realize and has little to do with racial justice or racial anything.

no photo
Fri 06/19/20 05:17 AM
Yeah, that sux. They're probably judgmental and they stereotype, too!

no photo
Thu 06/18/20 06:29 AM
Well, you had better hold on tight then! Much more to come...

no photo
Thu 06/11/20 10:39 AM

That animals might react to the additional moonlight has been considered by scientists studying the aforementioned topic.

LOL, yes, animals react, the tides do, plants do, but humans don't. That's GOOD science, sure...

Nick...Humans are animals too. We certainly are not plants or bacteria.

I figure an increase in specific behavior is attributed to the fact there is more light which disrupts the 'night effect' of calming down in the darkness.

A true test of the effects of full Moons on behavior could be to track the incidences against clear sky full Moons and overcast full Moons.

Humans do not normally possess great night vision. We are omnivorous with predatory body style but we are fragile. Night (darkness) causes us to slow down and take extra care. Darkness kinda triggers sleep mode. The brighter the night, the more active we stay.
The full Moon breaks our 'normalcy' and we do things at night we usually do not. Not because of the Moon but because there is more light.

For most of us the additional light doesn't really affect us much but some people can be affected where it causes them to act with less discipline because their internal guidance is disrupted.

Its kinda like when the Sun is obscured by clouds people get moody and depressed.
We are 'conditioned' to Earth-like light patterns and when they are different from the norm we are different from the norm.

OH OH!!! My post was sarcasm. I was pointing out that the subtext of what was put forward was that the moon affects all of those things, but mysteriously has no effect on humans. Surely that makes no sense!

I keep forgetting sarcasm doesn't always play in writing, or I need to do it a LOT BETTER, lol...

no photo
Thu 06/11/20 10:33 AM
George, you will notice a few patterns. One will involve Hangouts. Anytime you suspect a fake, scammer or spammer, report the user. If people would do that promptly, they would cause those types to waste time creating more profiles.

Women here are just like women in real life. For the most part, you have to make first contact. So when you get a first contact from a woman, and it is almost word for word what the last few first contact "women" have sent, don't just delete and move on, report that with the best explanation you can make. I'm sure it takes more than one person to report them, so if you are wrong, they'll review that person. You will help the internet in general by doing this. (Think of a world with no internet scam victims!)

Although there must be people falling for it if they continue to do it with so little imagination.

no photo
Wed 06/10/20 05:49 AM
Edited by nickistaken on Wed 06/10/20 05:51 AM
I'm with most of the "so what" crowd. There were places I couldn't go (because they were closed), but I was able to go to the hardware store frequently and grocery shop at the large, 40 acre international market with hundreds of my closest friends (lol) from all over the globe.

I kept a mask handy whenever I went out, but as I hit the door of a store on my way in, I scanned the inside and half the people weren't wearing them (as I found to be the case most often), then I didn't put mine on.

Take vitamin D and zinc, you'll be set as well as you can be set to fight it.

(Edited for speeling)

no photo
Mon 06/08/20 05:38 AM
Welcome, happy spedding!

no photo
Mon 06/08/20 04:55 AM
Glad I found this thread! I was looking for something positive....

no photo
Sat 06/06/20 06:04 AM

That animals might react to the additional moonlight has been considered by scientists studying the aforementioned topic.

LOL, yes, animals react, the tides do, plants do, but humans don't. That's GOOD science, sure...

no photo
Fri 06/05/20 05:32 AM

Form The Hill, 15 April 2020:

Officially, the global count on those diagnosed as positive for the coronavirus has surpassed 2 million. We have to always add that qualifier of "officially" because everyone knows the number is much larger.

Thus far, there is no known way to prevent COVID-19 via immunization and no known way to heal people of it.

Some people think that everyone who gets it dies, and they have to live in fear and panic all the time. (Or at least when ordered to.) THAT is something for which there is no cure!

no photo
Fri 06/05/20 05:23 AM

Hi Rosie. Yeah I get the patience etc, but when you have the "who viewed you" and you see that not one person local to me has taken a look. But yet I have about 18 likes all from girls in other countries. Can you understand my frustration?... I have complimented a couple of girls, nicely. I understand, I'm not everyone's cup of tea but surely a polite reply doesn't hurt.. New to the whole internet dating...

It is much like real life, and YOU have to make first contact in most cases. When a woman does, 98% probability that it's a scammer. I only contact locals. Many of them don't know one thing that is on their profile. (Do you get the pattern?)

We got about ten inches of rain in just over 2 weeks. When chatting with some of the "locals" I mentioned how bad the drought had been for me. A few said, yes, it's really bad out their way, lol! (And of course, their profiles said they were within a close distance to me.)

So be careful. Have no expectations and hope that you run into people who are positive (and real). Don't be in any hurry, take your time and inquire and chat. Maybe something happens, and of course that would be great. If it doesn't, you learned something about humans and the internet.

Only the desperate are scammed.

no photo
Thu 06/04/20 05:33 AM
We've been typing feverishly for five years to entertain you and you weren't even looking? C'MON MAN.....!!!!!

no photo
Sat 05/30/20 06:20 AM
Life has degenerated into hysteria for so many people these days. I don't mean just this situation, it has been building for some time. The hysterical seem to reinforce each other into even greater hysteria.

I have friends who have been into that for years. They do what is easy, they point fingers at everyone else and somehow elevate themselves. It's sad, but there is no talking to them...

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18