no photo
Fri 07/20/18 01:17 PM
Open main menu

Search

EditWatch this page

Read in another language

IXS Enterprise

The IXS Enterprise as imagined by Mark Rademaker

IXS Enterprise is a conceptual interstellar superluminal spacecraft designed by NASAscientist Dr. Harold G. White, revealed at SpaceVision 2013, designed for the goal of achieving warp travel. The conceptual spacecraft would be a modified version of the Alcubierre drive. Dr. White is currently running the White–Juday warp-field interferometerexperiment in order to develop a proof of concept for Alcubierre-style warp travel, if possible. The Alcubierre drive uses exotic matter (not to be confused with antimatter) to travel faster than light.

While the concept had been out since 2013 the design of IXS Enterprise was popularized in June 2014 after a series of media outlets reported on the conceptual artwork done by Dutch artist Mark Rademaker in collaboration with NASA.[1] According to Mark Rademaker, over 1,600 hours have been spent on the conceptual artwork that he created.[2]

The energy required to power the warp drive, according to White,[3] is approximately the negative (negative energy is required for the Alcubierre drive concept to function) mass–energy equivalence of Voyager 1, which has a mass of approximately 700 kilograms. Using E=mc2, −700 kilograms of mass is equivalent to ~−63 exajoules of energy (this number is not definitive and can be further reduced). The ship has two thick outer rings (to reduce required energy) that generate the warp field—a contraction of space ahead, and expansion of space behind it. The space inside the rings is optimized to fit more space for cargo, crew and equipment.

See also

References

External links

Last edited 2 months ago by DeprecatedFixerBot

RELATED ARTICLES

Starship

spacecraft designed for interstellar travel

White–Juday warp-field interferometer

Harold G. White

American physicist

Content is available under CC BY-SA 3.0 unless otherwise noted.

Terms of UsePrivacyDesktop

no photo
Thu 07/19/18 01:50 AM
The IXS Enterprise is a very huge in human progression. The beginning of
the new epoch of human civilization.

no photo
Tue 07/17/18 11:11 PM
Thank You So Very Much. That was so informative.

no photo
Sun 07/15/18 04:14 PM
Wow that is so cool. can you tell me
what a black hole is, super please ?
I only opened this section of space science because I really do want to
learn everything there is to know
about it ? My entire it fascinated me.

no photo
Sun 07/15/18 12:52 PM
I agree with you ; how can we be expected to believe that Intelligent life outside the realms of our understanding
be expected to believe anything like humans, or expect them to be below their level of intelligent standards ?
Moreover, to live like the human species does ? Their was a scientist a years ago
who studied a meteorite from Mars ; a team of scientists discovered a tiny worm-like species ( which was from Mars ). One one of the scientists, after observing this extraterrestrial worm-like species ; gave his personal opinion, and
decided that this tiny worm-like extraterrestrial creature did not meet the criteria of living being. Why ? because he argued that because this tiny
worm-like creature was not same size as the worms of this ( Earth ) planet. Many of the scientists disagreed with him.
Certain humans beings with a closed mind have a certain preconceived notion ; that if there is intelligent life,
they are automatically expected to be like the species on earth. That they look similar to us, breath air like us ( how do we know that they require oxygen just because the life on earth require oxygen
to survive ), or have the same limbs as us.

no photo
Sat 07/14/18 10:47 PM
Space Exploration, Interstellar Travel
and the idea that we are not the only
living beings in the galaxy, universe,
and the multiverse. The possibility of intelligent life ( extaterrestial beings )
in the furthest reaches in the universe.
Humanity reaching new heights ;
the new era of our existence. I for
one, never believed for a second that
we were alone in the universe. Imagine
Interstellar Travel, voyaging through out
there's universe into other galaxies and
new solar systems. Discovering different
planets which contain different beings
which humanity was unaware existed.
Contemplate how it feel like to meet them for very first time. It would be as words could never describe. All of humanity united ( Earth United )
working together exploring universe.
Star ship fleets sailing through space
like ships sail through the oceans.

no photo
Sat 07/14/18 06:22 PM
Does anyone get the feeling that there are lot of fake profiles on this site

no photo
Sat 07/14/18 12:15 AM
We can discuss what ever topic about space science. What is the first thing that pops into your mind ; when you hear the word Space Science ?

no photo
Fri 07/13/18 05:22 PM
I didn't see this topic in the Science section so I sought to do it justice.
Space Science has so much to do with Science. After all, it covers many aspects
of Science. It doesn't cover just one particular topic But many :
Astronomy, Astrophysics, Cosmology,
Physics, Quantum Physics, Quantum mechanics, Quantum Theories, Space-
Time Continuum, Theory of Relativity,
and so much more are some of the many
Branches of Space Science. Including the idea that : we are not alone in the Universe ( Extra-Terrestrials or Aliens ) We are as many of the brightest minds in human history and civilization have stated " Humanity, Earth, and the Milky Way ( our galaxy ) are just a small speck in the Universe " . I humbly welcome all discussions on Space science, I am not
an expert on space science, I am just a
student eager and ready to learn .
maybe we can all learn together.