Community > Posts By > highflyer14

highflyer14's photo
Wed 05/22/19 07:38 PM
Edited by highflyer14 on Wed 05/22/19 07:39 PM

My Question is why sex is more important?
Without sex we can lead a productive life?

If you must grow spiritually you need to avoid sex. You'll find this in Christ's teaching in the book of wisdom - the Bible.

Knowing that this would be difficult for men to accept, Christ first made a caveat:
He said; "This teaching does not apply to everyone, but only to those to whom God has given it.” (Mat 19:11)

Then he continued:
“For there are different reasons why men cannot marry: …and others do not marry for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let him who can accept this teaching do so." (Mat 19:12)

Since sex ought to be only within the context of marriage, there are those who are called to abstain for the sake of the kingdom.

Yours truly has been celibate by choice for more than ten years and the benefits have been innumerable: Increased spirituality and better health are just a few benefits.

Remember: This does not apply to everyone but to those called to do it.

I believe this answers your questions.

highflyer14's photo
Mon 05/20/19 11:05 AM
Your safety should be of paramount importance especially as you are not working under the aegis of a law enforcement organization.

Some criminals can become desperate and try to hurt you but if there'll be no backlash that you can't handle, then you may contribute your quota to keep your town safe.

highflyer14's photo
Sun 05/19/19 01:08 PM
In Nigeria, the governor of a state where most of the illegal cannabis is grown is making a case for medical marijuana as a revenue earner.
There's some opposition from the establishment.
We are watching.

highflyer14's photo
Sat 05/18/19 06:28 PM
Avant

highflyer14's photo
Wed 05/08/19 07:56 PM
Edited by highflyer14 on Wed 05/08/19 07:57 PM
So he was spiritually naive.

A life of women, sex, drugs and alcohol.

His life was programed to go nowhere.

Toiling, in vain, in the vineyard of the enemy.

Until this guy met a witch who tried to use him.

He was bitten. Venom in his system.

Rushed himself to hospital in the middle of the night.

Paralysis?

Miraclously saved.

At dawn, Christ came down and told him he was one of His and would never die.

Epiphany!

Released from the pit of hell; Soaring high in the heavens; the devil is a liar!

Five years later, he let Christ run his life.

He never planned to be here.

Now, though his life is not without cares, he has unspeakable joy.

Anyone may, like the church of Laodicia; "say, 'I am rich and well off...' but you do not know how miserable and pitiful you are! You are poor, naked and blind.

I advise you, then, to buy gold from me, pure gold, in order to be rich...." Rev 3:17,18
:angel:

highflyer14's photo
Mon 05/06/19 03:15 PM
Different strokes:

Stumbled on a profile in Mingle where a woman was seeking a man to fit "nontraditional roles." She said she had a domineering character.

Also, there's a book, Subversive Thoughts...(Can't recall full title now), written by a woman who thinks a man and wife should lead independent lives under the same roof.

I lent the book to a female friend whose fiance soon began accusing her of becoming rebellious.

I understand this and could be comfortable with this idea.

highflyer14's photo
Tue 04/30/19 08:26 PM
Some find love at Christmas but there's a BEST time to find one that'll endure. That is when the cosmic alliances favor the event in your life or when God guides you to it.

The manual for life, the Bible, says there's a time for everything: a time to plant and a time reap.

Nevertheless, you may plant at any time.

As a chess player, one thing you know is that there's a right time to make a move or the moment will be forever lost.

They say it's the same with flying an aircraft.

That's currently where we are at.

It's time to plant love.

highflyer14's photo
Mon 04/29/19 07:08 AM
I'm an author

highflyer14's photo
Wed 04/24/19 07:22 PM

Well, yuck.
I want to be clubbed over the head and dragged off.

hope he is at least going to play some rock music for her laugh laugh laugh

His volcano will soon be spewing something, for sure!
:smile:

highflyer14's photo
Wed 04/24/19 06:37 PM
The woman runs the household; the man secures it financially and physically.

What do I know?

highflyer14's photo
Wed 04/24/19 05:25 PM

Lay some skin on me ! I don't care what colour.
I am a humanist, but if any sexy female aliens are interested, maybe I might stray.

...women are from Venus!

"It doesn't matter what skin your in
baby let the groove begin
get ethnic...all day"

- Donna Summer: Get Ethnic

highflyer14's photo
Wed 04/24/19 04:52 PM
April is going fast. One may be taking to the streets to find me a local girl.

In a new location, meeting without an introduction...hmm...not always wise.

One may have to take a chance this once.smooched

highflyer14's photo
Wed 04/24/19 04:34 PM
Backstreet Boys: Drowning

"I can't imagine life without you....'Cause every time I breathe I take you in, and my heart beats again...."

highflyer14's photo
Tue 04/23/19 05:32 PM

if preference only implies preference and not mandate, it is a skinist preference that is not bigoted.

You all heard now. A skinist or colorist who always loved them dark but now desires a light skinned beauty is not a bigot.

So where are them girls?

highflyer14's photo
Sun 04/21/19 10:29 PM

SKINIST??? :laughing:

Come to think of it, a person whose preference is for a light skinned woman of any race should be called a COLORIST!
:tongue: :wink:

highflyer14's photo
Sun 04/21/19 06:47 PM

...people will always have preferences in ho they hire, who they date, who they associate with, who they educate. I think if those preferences are based around individual character or behavior or experience, that is one thing. I think if they are based around what ancestry one had, it is a racist preference. I think if they are based around what nation one is from, it is a nationalist preference. I believe if it is based around gender, it is a sexist preference.

Those are just definitions....

I believe South Africa has many races just like Nigeria has many tribes. In Nigeria, a person's preference for a particular tribe against all others could make that person a tribalist.

Interestingly, going by definiton, my current preference for a light skinned woman of whatever tribe or race should make me a sexist and a SKINIST??? :laughing:

highflyer14's photo
Sun 04/14/19 09:07 PM
Taking a cue from this line that's been used in a number of love songs;

"Tell me what you want, now baby...."

Doing things that I like should make me feel special.

This is in line with divine wisdom when Christ says; If you love me obey my commandments.

...and that has become my yardstick!

highflyer14's photo
Sun 04/14/19 08:34 PM

Every season has it's own perfect reason to find love...not just simply love...but,pure and devoted love.:heart:

Go and get it!lol....tongue2

Not familiar with this game anymore. Been celibate .:angel: for too long. Maybe you can walk me through this minefield.
:wink:
Heard Valentine's day was for the lustful.:banana: Could that be true?
Okay, chicks... sorry, I mean birds bigsmile find pure and devoted love at this time, and they are monogamous. I'm taking a cue. A man is getting old[er]...Should not do this too often or...
[Ringing a bell and shouting on top of my voice] Girls, girls come out to play...drinks

highflyer14's photo
Sun 04/14/19 07:23 PM

...Feeling uncomfortable in crowds is also a type of social anxiety....

I read somewhere that people in certain blood groups should best work from home and I'm in that group. It's never comfortable being far from my abode, when living in the city.

While working for the government, I worked on the streets often but now I notice my blood pressure rises when I'm in the streets.

When driving in Lagos, it's like the streets are hostile so when you finally get home you let out a sigh of relief and say a prayer of thanksgiving to God for bringing you back safely.

Riding a motorbike makes you feel much freer because you'll be able to escape from traffic holdups easily.

In close company, one can easily become the life of the party (when I used to party).

For me, this is not a self esteem issue but one of security.

highflyer14's photo
Sun 04/14/19 06:15 PM
Kenny Rogers

Previous 1 3 4 5 6