cinnamoncookiemeat's photo
Wed 10/12/11 11:33 AM

Wed 10/12/11 11:08 AM
447 drinker drinker huh smokin I aint gone nowhere yet

Wed 10/12/11 10:58 AM
Edited by cinnamoncookiemeat on Wed 10/12/11 11:01 AM

I would just like to make a small point that if this line of thought were anywhere near being accurate, it would lead to the logical conclusion that for example; a human being walking the face of this earth with no prior knowledge of hand guns and bullets would not ever run the risk of being shot... as we all know that that is not true, babies get hit by stray bullets all the time, ( and not because someone showed the newborn a gun so they could know what it was) therefore the entire aruguement does nothing but create a paradox.

CCM, you make an excellent point. There are many people who claim to not believe in reality, or who deny that facts exist. And yet they use locks, and they stop at crosswalks and wait for the walk sign, and most of them never leave a 10 story building by jumping out the window.

Facts are real. It is a fact that infants, or anyone, can die from injuries whether they believe it or not.

hmmmm. is it a fact that infants can die from injuries or a fact that have died from injuries? can a fact be an even that may happen in the future? not debating, just that i see little agreement among folks regarding what is fact and what is not even in past occurances much less what may happen. any democrat will tell you it's a fact that increased taxes will save the economy and claim it has worked in the past. most republicans would say it's a fact that the oposite is true on either count. so just what is fact? what is reality?

JR, many ignorant people overreach for 'that which can be called a fact'. The fact that they do so, does not take anything away from the fact that facts exist, or that more cautious people can be reasonably certain of their facts.

Notice that I use the word 'can', and you mentioned people who use the word 'will'. This is important. Its not even a fact that injuries will cause an infants death.

When we bring in political affiliation and political views, we bring in dogmatism that is often unrelated to facts.

Death, while slippery to define in edge cases, is sufficiently well defined in the normal course of events for my claim to be meaningfully discussed. "Saving the economy" requires refinement - what metric is used?

Yes, republican and democrats make all kinds of claims which they assert are 'facts'. They are often wrong. It doesn't mean that facts don't exist, it means that some people imagine some non-facts to be facts.

mankind does have major abandonment issues about just being here and having no Idea of where we really came from

Interesting observation.

It would probably make many people more comfortable to stay in denial and not face facts but there is a fundamental difference between Fact and LAW or Fact and Politics. It is called morality.

Even If I thought the idea that we may possibly live in a mass hallucination or that the only reason we call a tree a tree is because someone told us too, or that we only use doors because someone else suggested it(which by the way someone did invent doors).....I still have a moral obligation to use Reason when I decide to put thoughts like that into the universe.

Wed 10/12/11 09:57 AM

Wed 10/12/11 09:56 AM
All of thee above me are Hot!!!!

Wed 10/12/11 09:37 AM
Edited by cinnamoncookiemeat on Wed 10/12/11 09:38 AM
444 dangit!

Wed 10/12/11 09:33 AM
444 we can do this all day or at least til 4pm

Wed 10/12/11 09:27 AM
444devil

Wed 10/12/11 09:21 AM

Wed 10/12/11 09:15 AM

Wed 10/12/11 09:12 AM
440 and not a penny lessrofl

Wed 10/12/11 09:04 AM

Wed 10/12/11 09:01 AM
Edited by cinnamoncookiemeat on Wed 10/12/11 09:02 AM
440 yay!

Wed 10/12/11 08:55 AM
439smokin

Wed 10/12/11 08:49 AM
438 rotflmbolaugh :laughing: rofl

Wed 10/12/11 08:45 AM
you guys and gals are hilariousdrinker drinker :banana: :banana: flowerforyou smokin

Wed 10/12/11 08:39 AM
HA HA wrong number drinker drinker drinker smokin :banana: :banana: :banana:

Wed 10/12/11 08:37 AM
437glasses yea baby

Wed 10/12/11 07:59 AM
435:banana: :banana: :wink:

Wed 10/12/11 07:55 AM