Community > Posts By > Manami

Manami's photo
Tue 03/04/08 09:22 PM

Oh boy. No easy answers here. There's a couple of courses of action you can take and I'll give you my advice. First, where I'm coming from. I'm a former US Army soldier so I know a bit about long distance relationships, cross cultural relationships and trying to keep in touch, etc.

Here's the thing: Long distance relationships are very hard to consumate and sustain over the long run. I'm not saying let it go, but I am saying, don't get too serious either. If I was you, I'd try to find someone local in Japan or wherever you're going to live. Correspond with the Marine and keep in touch by e-mail and such, but if you find someone else special, I wouldn't let the long distance relationship take priority. I'd come to an understanding with the Marine that your long distrance relationship is kind of unrealistic to maintain and make it clear to him that you will date and talk to other people, if you are just casual friends. If you're more than casual friends and you're serious about the Marine there may be another course of action you want to pursue, but my recommendation is to get less serious, see what develops, and if he stays devoted to you, maybe draw closer again. Cross cultural relationships are very hard to maintain. My step brother was married to a Japanese woman. Their tempraments were very different. He was outgoing and she was shy and the two personalities didn't make it past the maturity of their children. If you get serious, make sure that your family accepts him and his family and friends accept you. If they don't, it may be worthwhile to look elsewhere. Pray about it, ask for the Lord's guidance, walk in his ways and good luck to you. You sound like you have a University education and a good start in life, at any rate. Good luck to you.

Wow, thank you for your advice! I really appreciate it..
He says he can go to Japan if I have to live there.
but i dont know... i dont know if he really meant it.
i hope everything will be alright soon.

Manami's photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:37 PM
I wish I could marry him though... I am so sure that he would be worth spending the rest of my life with :)

Yeah... maybe I am happy now.. even though I cry at the same time hehe thank you for your advice :)

Manami's photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:26 PM
Yeah.. but he is still 18.... :(

Manami's photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:15 PM
I wasn't very sure if he really liked me, until I saw him cry last night. I kind of wish I never met him so I didn't have to feel like this...

Manami's photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:05 PM
I wish I could renew my visa, but I dont know how to and my parents are expecting me to come back... my life would suck without him :(

Manami's photo
Tue 03/04/08 11:54 AM
I am a college student and I have lived in Oahu in Hawaii for 2 years now. I am graduating on March 28, and because of my Visa, I have to go back to Japan by April 3 or 4. About 2 months ago I met this boy coty who is in marine and two years younger than me. We have been hanging out frequently. I like him very much, and he likes me back. Yesterday, he came to my house to pick me up, and I was fine until he told me that he has to go to the big island Hawaii and train. I asked him when he is coming back, and he said he can come back by March 22 or 23. I know I have to go back to Japan anyway, but I was very sad when he told me I have to spend my 20 days here without him. Now I don't know what to do. I am scared of this relationship to be over.

Manami's photo
Wed 02/27/08 07:30 PM
tell me if you like me flowerforyou

Manami's photo
Wed 02/27/08 07:26 PM
haiku is hard
even for japanese people
:)
i like your buttchin

Manami's photo
Wed 12/05/07 02:07 PM
we had a big storm last night...
i caught cold
but i still dont need my jacket:wink:

Manami's photo
Mon 12/03/07 01:37 PM
fall out boy - 7 minutes in heaven

Manami's photo
Thu 11/29/07 08:43 PM
if God are perfect, we are supposed to be perfect too?

Manami's photo
Thu 11/29/07 08:19 PM

I DO believe in GOD and JESUS but do NOT believe in man.

so you don't believe in "you", who is also created by God?

Manami's photo
Thu 11/29/07 03:00 PM
How do you define the Bible?

Manami's photo
Thu 11/29/07 01:46 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To each their own... and I have exsperianced it. I think it is a waste of time and money. I still say life is the best high one can enjoy. So many out there looking for some kind of high... that is sad...

I totally agree with you. it doesn't get me high maybe it is because i am already high without it!
if I had money for buying marijuana, I would buy some more groceries!

Manami's photo
Thu 11/29/07 12:24 PM

noway noway get u some of that kind bud ....smooth as honey...wont make ya cough....but ya know what they say....if ya aint chokin u aint tokinlaugh laugh laugh

hehe unfortunately im bloke now laugh

Manami's photo
Thu 11/29/07 12:24 PM

Hi, how's Hawaii? Is it still warm there?laugh

at night, it's chilly
but day time it's hot like summer!

Manami's photo
Thu 11/29/07 12:19 PM
maybe laugh
because it makes me cough

Manami's photo
Thu 11/29/07 12:17 PM