Community > Posts By > Fade2Black

Fade2Black's photo
Wed 10/13/10 05:38 AM
Edited by Fade2Black on Wed 10/13/10 05:43 AM

Some of our American companies have been in on the plans for this recovery, NASA especially.

If you can get ABC.com I think they are showing the recovery.

flowerforyou flowerforyou

They had an article about 4 geniuses from NASA .. especially an engineer who designed the escape pod that's carrying each one to the surface. Awesome we can all work together eh?:banana:

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/nasa-engineer-clinton-cragg-thought-small-to-design-rescue-capsule-for-chilean-miners/19667140

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:56 PM

Anyone want to come over for dinner?

Depends on who you're having ..

oops uhhhhhhh I meant for guests, of course shades

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:53 PM

As long as they served beer........drinker

& munchies bigsmile

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 08:39 PM
Jeff you are da man ....... who else would still have a thread about jet lag continuing 4 days later noway flowerforyou

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 07:21 PM

Hi Judy....you will get a laugh out of this....

When Jon was a waiter he would go up to a new table and introduce himself by saying, "Hi, I'm Jim....I'll be your server tonight....Will anyone be wanting Kool-aid tonight?"

Not everyone got it....slaphead

classic :thumbsup:

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 06:39 PM

Koolaid?????

Nobody serves koolaid!!!!!

Where do I sign? :tongue:

Well actually, Jim Jones DID serve koolaid bigsmile

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 01:27 PM

Hi Fade,

I've been doing it for 21 yrs... Would I do it over again?
Not on your life! I worked 6 days a week for 15 of those years and watched friends rake in huge money and benefits out the wazoo.
I'm the turtle in the story... steady, no financial stupidities and persistence.
I started with $500 in my dads basement after being laid off as a executive sales rep... carte blanche credit card for entertainment, company sports car and 8 weeks vacation per year. The 80K a year plus bonuses wasn't bad.... For a 20yr old.

Today, Close to a million in sales between both companies and you'd think things would get a little easier but employees are like children who need constant supervision.

Here's my advice

1)Carry the least amount of inventory possible (it's your paycheque "in storage")

2)If possible, run it yourself without employees

3)Pay yourself FIRST

4)Be quick to spot opportunities... Often a business starts a certain way then Morphs into something else. Let it!

I've dealt with numerous PR firms... From selling ideas and promotional items(pens, cups, notepads etc) to revamping corporate look.
Stay specialized, too many jack of all trades and..... SELL YOURSELF!

From all the years I've known you(none) laugh You seem like the go-getter type... with time, your customers will listen to you like the gospel and be loyal.

Funny but I saw you more as a real estate agent

Cheers flowerforyou

Good stuff .. thanks!!!

fyi .. REAL ESTATE??????? In THIS market ??? I said I wanted it to succeed babe .. not drown laugh

Ya think?

It's been in the chitter for a while now.... Most people gave it up already... I think your opportunity may be in gearing up for when things do take off.... you'll be in the drivers seat winking Spot opportunities!

Not that I think you should be doing it as a career or anything but your online personality screams it. Things will fall into place eventually.... The harder you work at it... the luckier you'll get

Good luck!

EDIT*

OR Start a cult! :tongue:

Oh I guess I AM a realtor of sorts .. I could sell you beachfront property in land locked Colorado - *spoken sweetly as she pours the Koolaid* drinker

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 01:24 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh nothing but Juice+ .. a supplement for good health :tongue:

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 10:48 AM
Edited by Fade2Black on Tue 10/12/10 11:09 AM

Hi Fade,

I've been doing it for 21 yrs... Would I do it over again?
Not on your life! I worked 6 days a week for 15 of those years and watched friends rake in huge money and benefits out the wazoo.
I'm the turtle in the story... steady, no financial stupidities and persistence.
I started with $500 in my dads basement after being laid off as a executive sales rep... carte blanche credit card for entertainment, company sports car and 8 weeks vacation per year. The 80K a year plus bonuses wasn't bad.... For a 20yr old.

Today, Close to a million in sales between both companies and you'd think things would get a little easier but employees are like children who need constant supervision.

Here's my advice

1)Carry the least amount of inventory possible (it's your paycheque "in storage")

2)If possible, run it yourself without employees

3)Pay yourself FIRST

4)Be quick to spot opportunities... Often a business starts a certain way then Morphs into something else. Let it!

I've dealt with numerous PR firms... From selling ideas and promotional items(pens, cups, notepads etc) to revamping corporate look.
Stay specialized, too many jack of all trades and..... SELL YOURSELF!

From all the years I've known you(none) laugh You seem like the go-getter type... with time, your customers will listen to you like the gospel and be loyal.

Funny but I saw you more as a real estate agent

Cheers flowerforyou

Good stuff .. thanks!!!

fyi .. REAL ESTATE??????? In THIS market ??? I said I wanted it to succeed babe .. not drown laugh

Oh .. and I won't HAVE any employees. I plan on contracting out my 'services' not 'products' .. hence no inventory.

And my big plus is my persuasive skills bigsmile devil My last VP told me I could definitely lead a cult ...

Hmmmmmmmmmm anyone for some KOOLAID bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile bigsmile

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 09:42 AM

I once had a lemonade stand when I was a kid........smokin

O M G !!!!!! So did I!!!!!! Who woulda thought eh?:tongue:

I get the feeling you are being sarcastic.........smokin

noway huh huh

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 06:30 AM

It takes an incredible amount of energy to start your own business and I definitely don't have that. But, I can see you doing it very successfully, Judy. I would imagine the rewards would go far beyond the financial freedom you would eventually achieve. Good luck to you. I'm sure you will succeed beyond your wildest dreams. flowerforyou

Well how kind of you to say Ruth. flowers I sure hope you're right!!! I used to be told I could have been the CEO of the company I worked for .. but figured it was just flattery rofl rofl rofl rofl

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 06:28 AM

I once had a lemonade stand when I was a kid........smokin

O M G !!!!!! So did I!!!!!! Who woulda thought eh?:tongue:

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 06:27 AM

work is overrated...I gave it up years ago...prefer to be dirt poor and free from the corporate world...

Great idea. Why didn't I think of that slaphead I'll just let my kids starve. :angel:

Fade2Black's photo
Tue 10/12/10 05:34 AM

I am considering starting a non-profit.

Like red said.... do your research.

If you aren't going to do the books, make sure you have a CPA that you trust. Ask other business people you trust who they use and recommend.

Since you want to do PR/Entertainment.... put yourself into situations where you can build your network.

Having a good solid business plan will be key.

And pray, baby, pray!

Oh I've got that last part covered .. on a regular basis =) Thanks for the support Tanya. I use to do bookkeeping for the Wall Street Journal so I think I'd be good to go on that at the beginning at least.

And yes, networking IS key isn't it .. That was a huge part of my last career .. networking and negotiation :thumbsup:

Fade2Black's photo
Mon 10/11/10 06:46 AM

(def .. one who organizes, manages and assumes the risks of a business or enterprise .. ie new venture) Are you one?

I am moving outside the corporate mold. Tired of knocking on doors that aren't opening and instead creating my own PR/promotions company.

I believe in today's economic and business realm, one has to think outside the box.

So .. have you done it? If so, what tips would you share that really helped you take off? :thumbsup: I know the risks, I want to hear the rewards bigsmile

*pulls up a chair and waits for feedback* smokin

Depending on what you decide to do and how you decide to do it the risk is really minimal. I'm out about $250-$300 on a venture that will last until August of next year.

Rewards? Honestly, nothing really. The only reward is that I own a website that is acting as a blog and 3rd party of sales from affiliate programs that have netted me exactly zero dollars. Advertising has made me the most money with a astronomical 10 entire dollars (that's about eight 1 litre Mountain Dews).

Starting a business now isn't quite what it used to be, had I started my venture when I initially thought of it in 2005 I would be booming at this point in time. It takes a lot of time and energy to get anywhere creating your own business, and you might not see anything from it the first year...even the second and third years.

Thx for posting Fear. Looks like you and Red are the creative minds of the group. Woot. 2 is good :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 10/10/10 05:34 PM
oops Well I can see M2 is NOT the place for this thread laugh laugh laugh laugh

Different culture, different galaxy I guess :tongue:

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 10/10/10 07:38 AM
Thanks Red .. yes, my daddy was in his own business as well. He had lots of headaches running it, but was his own man. If it rose, he was responsible. If it fell .. the same.

He did decent for sure.

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 10/10/10 07:12 AM
METALLICA ........... I owe them :banana:

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 10/10/10 07:11 AM

Im too lazy to make stuff up...

They say it's easier to tell the truth - then you don't have to remember stuff :laughing:

Fade2Black's photo
Sun 10/10/10 07:10 AM
100% truth .. wouldn't roll any other way smokin

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25