Community > Posts By > ujGearhead

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 03:59 AM
Happiness is getting on your bike with a full tank of gas, picking a random direction, and going wherever the roads take you while not having a care in the world to bother you.

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 02:26 AM

Men, what is family leadership?
Do you believe in it?
Women, do you want to be lead?
Do you believe in it?

NO, I don't believe in it, I definitely feel family should be run by committee.

Each partner brings strengths and weaknesses, and may take the lead in different situations, but for the most part all things should be equal.

I agree. It should basically be 50/50, but in some situations one is better to handle it than the other. For instance, if I had a daughter and she got to that certain age where things are..... changing.... I'll pass that matter on to the other half. Now if the car or something around the house is broken, I got that!

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 12:51 AM

OH son, you should never start with those two words "Trust Me"

Some of the best stories ever involved the words "Trust me"!

Yes, but they usually end badly...

But, they end in good stories. No good story ever started with "Let me finish my milk and not look into that gas can with a lighter to see better.".

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 12:38 AM

OH son, you should never start with those two words "Trust Me"

Some of the best stories ever involved the words "Trust me"!

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 12:32 AM

You cannot, UNLESS they are a forum poster,
then it will show the Join date beneath their photo.

Actually, there is a way, but it's not as simple as just looking at a date.

He may be referring to the fact that a member gets an ascending usernumber the day they join.

Therefore, based on that usernumber you can rather tell WHEN they joined.

(You can get their usernumber by left-clicking their name or
photo to copy the link{W-10}, paste it somewhere and read the usernumber off of it.)

Soufie would be correct to what I was referring to. You can also get that number by hovering over their username and looking at the url that pops up (their number is the last digits of the url). However, you have to do a bit of legwork and comparing to get the exact date.

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 12:26 AM
Looks to me that you did.....

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 12:18 AM
I think most people try to avoid fines.

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 12:12 AM

Make sure you are on the Inbox tab not the Nudge tab. I see ads when nudge is empty.

Also be sure that you're clicking on your actual mail and not an ad.

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 12:07 AM

Well, my intial thought was so many times I hear "My partner didn't make me happy", "My partner didn't fulfill me"

Is that their job?

Well, in a way, maybe. They shouldn't make you unhappy though.

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 12:05 AM

I heard lava lamps are making a come back love love :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Sweet! Then that'd mean that I'm one step closer to not being 30-40 years behind the times! Then again, they say that sooner or later everything comes back into style, so maybe all these years I've just been ahead of the times..... Maybe I just gotta get me one of them Deloreans with a flux capacitor.....
laughing .. This wild child says .. Bell bottoms are also set to reappear .. Yet again smitten waving

Great...now if I could only get my lovely long hair back tears

You're welcome to take any that I find in my shower drain.
recycling is good for the planet .. Laughing . Could be an untapped niche market :banana: :banana:

Untapped my a$$. I'm making a killing off of The Donald!

ujGearhead's photo
Tue 08/11/15 12:03 AM

Aren't all the questions you are asking up to each couple? There is no boilerplate answer to your issues. They figure things out as they go.

Well, possibly, but I think there must a basic template that we all build on.

Isn't the BASIC template just not to kill the other (unless you have a good place to hide the body and a very good alibi)? BASIC went out in the 80's though.....

I heard a man speak once, he had been married 50 years. They asked him "What is the secret to a long marriage?"

He answerd: Well sir, you wake up one of two ways in the morning. First way, you wake up look at your spouse and say "Oh, what an angel, I just love her so much, she's is my joy.", the other times you say "This pillow, three minutes and nobody would know." Now, if the first one happens more often than the second, you stay married. bigsmile

Sounds like solid logic to me!

ujGearhead's photo
Mon 08/10/15 11:59 PM

Aren't all the questions you are asking up to each couple? There is no boilerplate answer to your issues. They figure things out as they go.

Well, possibly, but I think there must a basic template that we all build on.

Isn't the BASIC template just not to kill the other (unless you have a good place to hide the body and a very good alibi)? BASIC went out in the 80's though.....

ujGearhead's photo
Mon 08/10/15 11:57 PM

:thumbsup: Sweet! Then that'd mean that I'm one step closer to not being 30-40 years behind the times! Then again, they say that sooner or later everything comes back into style, so maybe all these years I've just been ahead of the times..... Maybe I just gotta get me one of them Deloreans with a flux capacitor.....
laughing .. This wild child says .. Bell bottoms are also set to reappear .. Yet again smitten waving

Maybe those AOL disks they kept sending in the mail will come back again. I could use more coasters.

ujGearhead's photo
Mon 08/10/15 11:55 PM

Great...now if I could only get my lovely long hair back tears

You're welcome to take any that I find in my shower drain.

ujGearhead's photo
Mon 08/10/15 11:52 PM

companionship and growth

people will be happy and unhappy sometimes regardless of relationship status

but if we find that our growth stops or we feel lonelier in a relationship than by ourself,,and the partner is not willing to work on it, it may be time to go,,

I hear you ms, but, and I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, your answer still focusses a lot on self. One pondering I have is would we be "happier" if we put more focus on our partner's needs.

Of course, some people do this and they end up gettng used. How does one avoid that pitfall?

If you're not happy, you shouldn't be in it. Period. In practically every relationship there's gonna be some give and take, but if there's a LOT of it, seems to me that your partner isn't your perfect match and you're just settling. If you constantly have to put a lot of focus into keeping the other happy, there's something wrong because obviously they aren't happy with who you are.

These are all definteily true, I guess the question is how do you strike a balance between keeping true to yourself but also meeting your partners needs? HOw do you communicate if you feeel the balance is becoming inappropriate

I think this becomes even harder once we've been injured. If we have given are all, so to speak, and feel like it gained us nothing, then how do we learn to give again?

Also, how long do we try to fix an unhappy relationship before we throw on the towel? I know other threads have touched on this and it is not a simple questions. a lot fo parameters are involved. Length of relationship, if children are involved? Assests?

Easy answer is, there is no easy answer. All people, therefore, all relationships, are going to be different, so each has their own answers.

ujGearhead's photo
Mon 08/10/15 11:44 PM

companionship and growth

people will be happy and unhappy sometimes regardless of relationship status

but if we find that our growth stops or we feel lonelier in a relationship than by ourself,,and the partner is not willing to work on it, it may be time to go,,

I hear you ms, but, and I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, your answer still focusses a lot on self. One pondering I have is would we be "happier" if we put more focus on our partner's needs.

Of course, some people do this and they end up gettng used. How does one avoid that pitfall?

If you're not happy, you shouldn't be in it. Period. In practically every relationship there's gonna be some give and take, but if there's a LOT of it, seems to me that your partner isn't your perfect match and you're just settling. If you constantly have to put a lot of focus into keeping the other happy, there's something wrong because obviously they aren't happy with who you are.

ujGearhead's photo
Mon 08/10/15 11:38 PM

ujGearhead's photo
Mon 08/10/15 10:56 PM

Who is Mrs Mooth?

And what happened to the first 12? scared shocked surprised

ujGearhead's photo
Mon 08/10/15 10:52 PM

You cannot, UNLESS they are a forum poster,
then it will show the Join date beneath their photo.

Actually, there is a way, but it's not as simple as just looking at a date.

ujGearhead's photo
Mon 08/10/15 10:45 PM

yes and cost the new ones are really expensive.. like holy catfish expensive..lol.. but do they really last.?... I will put the new ones in of course.. supposed to be good for the environment... and I'm all about the environment...lol.. but thank you for your second opinion..drinker

The spiral CFL's do last quite a bit longer (at least for me). I started using them a few years ago after somebody gave me a box for free. I've noticed particularly in my downstairs (where I typically leave lights on 24/7) that they last a LOT longer than the ol' regular type. I live next to train tracks so the vibration from that was REALLY killing bulbs pretty fast. The CFL's seem fairly immune to it. I've also found that they work nicely in drop lights. Ya know, the kind you use when working on cars. Use regular bulbs in those and they break if you just breathe on them wrong and the 'special' bulbs meant for that are SUPER pricey. The CFL's don't seem to mind getting bounced around (and to a point, dropped....).

I'm not so sure about them being good for the environment though. Yeah, they last longer meaning they'll be less in landfills and use less energy to use, but look what they're made out of and what it takes to make them vs incandescent bulbs. The CFL's have little circuit boards (likely not very eco-friendly) and has mercury (highly poisonous) as well as phosphorus (also potentially quite dangerous) in them.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25