Community > Posts By > joseph74

joseph74's photo
Tue 01/11/11 08:43 PM

The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time

Possibly best in the Zelda series I must agree.
One of my top favourites is Silent hill 2.

no you are misinformed the best in the legend of zelda series is the original nes original version :)

joseph74's photo
Tue 01/11/11 10:11 AM
Edited by joseph74 on Tue 01/11/11 10:12 AM

P2P is fraught with virus´...better to go torrents..

Our "Lawmakers" are trying to deal with that too,

Pirate Bay anyone?

Unless you have Comcast which traces torrents when they notice an increase in bandwidth. Beware!

with comcast the thing to worr about is not tracing torrents but bandwidth throttling i worked for comcast for a bit on your torrent client just disable DHT and enable encryption and shouldnt have a problem

for utorrent settings should be as follows

Preferences - Bittorrent - untick all EXCEPT Ask tracker for scrape information (while you are there also enable Protocol Encryption.

for Vuze or azureus =Tools - Options - Connections - Peer Sources - Uncheck 'Decentralized tracking' and "Supplied by another peer"
Tools - Options - Plugins - Distributed DB - Uncheck 'Enable the distributed database'

for Transmission(linux/mac client)
Preferences - Peers - Untick PEX & DHT

:)

joseph74's photo
Tue 01/11/11 10:00 AM
limewire is not dead.......its only 1 client on a much larger network gnutella well it is garbage anyways no matter what you search on limewire or pretty much any client on this massive network you can be assured that there is a virus with the same name.

you are much better off using bit torrent as the other guys here stated BUT using private sites demonoid.me is great for applications but nothing beats a good private torrnt site for fast uploads,security,clean virus,malware free files since users who post them are quickly banned and these sites are exclusive invite-only so if someone invites an idiot who posts virus ridden content they are banned as well for inviting them.

also it is probably best to join a private torrent site with a server that is based outside of the U.S or Canada and disable DHT on your bit torrent client :)

joseph74's photo
Tue 01/11/11 09:52 AM
Duke Nukem

joseph74's photo
Tue 01/11/11 09:48 AM
i have used every OS imaginable from SCOPE,DOS,DoubleDOS to windows 7 i have 2 servers,well 3 servers if you include a seedbox and 6 pc's.

on the servers i run FReeBSD,and a linux distro i tweaked myself based on feisty fawn Ubuntu. most of my pc's are windows pc's have win98,winxp,vista,windows 7 mostly these are for network gaming when friends drop by and also when someone calls me for tech support its easier if i can browse the OS as im going along talking to them i forget some of the really old windows crap sometimes like windows 98 but have a few clients who use it still lol

joseph74's photo
Mon 01/10/11 08:39 PM
Edited by joseph74 on Mon 01/10/11 08:44 PM
in my opinion politically correct means shut up you dont want to offend anyone(don't state the obvious truth) haha it's getting ridiculous for example having lived in miami during the holidays there was a big issue with christmas decorations.........they simply were not allowed yet the jewish menorah was everywhere someone got offended ...then there's the race issue if a white person disagrees with a black or latino politician's views or the way he is doing his or her job it is considered racist could probably go on and on giving examples of this

having served in the U.S Marine Corps to uphold,defend the U.S constitution(per the oath i took at mepps swearing in ceremony) i do not care who i offend and will always exercise my right to free speech and expect other americans to do the same we are all offended at some time or another people just need to stop being cry babies

joseph74's photo
Mon 01/10/11 02:46 PM
Edited by joseph74 on Mon 01/10/11 02:48 PM
as a man i really don't worry too much about my weight but you know what i hate? when a woman asks you "does this outfit make my a s s look big?" just makes me want to say "no honey of course not....eating 7 times a day makes your a s s look big" or "no sweety your a s s does not look big IT IS BIG!!"

joseph74's photo
Mon 01/10/11 02:38 PM
"PC" really does not have a specific definition(it's subjective) as people and entities such as the US media seem free to just say "hey that's not politically correct" to anything they do not agree with.

in my opinion political correctness is what is ruining this country and sadly one day will probably lead to the loss of our right to free speech in this nation.