Community > Posts By > TelephoneMan

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 02:59 PM

I used to be a stunt double for Arnold back in the day... the make-up in the photo is amazing, they really made me out to look like Arnold...

Hey -he is someone's governor -isn't he???laugh

Yeah, the California secret service gave me a call, and I did a stint as a double the first 6 months he was in office. Any of the public appearances he made back then... that was actually me...

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 02:57 PM

I used to be a stunt double for Arnold back in the day... the make-up in the photo is amazing, they really made me out to look like Arnold...

Of course, they had to give me the extra big loin cloth cup... because I was the stunt double...

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 02:56 PM

Hey Telephone Man!! Can you please help me??
I have a problem with the "line" in my bedroom.....!:wink: drool pitchfork

I have a really long, thick cable that might fix your problem...

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 02:54 PM

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 02:48 PM

And now for a word from our sponsors...

ee -gods man! You've been growning that since you were a pup!

Actually...

... I had to shave back in my Mr. Olympia body building days....

... and when I was on the men's swim team in high school...

LOL

Tom Selleck and got sh!t on me.....

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 02:46 PM
Edited by TelephoneMan on Fri 12/12/08 02:46 PM
And in the news....

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 02:44 PM
Edited by TelephoneMan on Fri 12/12/08 02:44 PM
And now for a word from our sponsors...

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 02:38 PM
And... yes that is a recent picture.... LOL....

... taken about 3 minutes ago.... LOL

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 02:34 PM

YES!!!!! Break out the CHEST HAIR Pics, PLEASE!!drool :banana: winking tongue2 :thumbsup:

OK...

...here ya go.....

Jus' call me fuzzy wuzzy.......

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 02:16 PM
Edited by TelephoneMan on Fri 12/12/08 02:17 PM
Crude oil is a commodity that is subject to the fluctuation of the stock market.

Also, MUCH more is made with crude oil than just fuel.

-- It is required for most plastic products. Now look around your house at all the plastic stuff. Soda bottles, computer monitors and cases, flash lights, milk jugs, shipping tape dispensers, cell phones and regular telephones, clothing, eyeglasses, P.A. equipment used in live music performances and church services. Plastic is vurtually every where.

-- Ammonium nitrate fertilizer requires fossil fules. High yield genetically engineered food requires ammonium nitrate fertilizer. High yield food stuffs are things like field corn. Field corn is also now used to feed the chickens we eat, the beef cattle we eat, and even genetically engineered fish that can live off of corn. All of this stuff is tied to the oil fields and crude oil.

It is way beyond gas prices.

Fuel is only a very small portion of the dependency on crude oil the U.S. system has realized.

We now are burning food in gas tanks (ethanol and corn-based fuels) which is NOT a break from petroleum dependency... it is actually a deeper ditch dug in the petroleum dependency ditch. because in order to raise corn these days, the farmer needs to fertilize it with ammonium nitrate fertilizer, which has a base need for petroleum products.

One thing I could seriously consider is that this could be the end of the American lifestyle as we know it.

No matter how many military jets and bombs one has, those weapons cannot create crude oil.

However, I believe we have enough oil in this country to supply all of our needs. Oil is in Texas, the Gulf of Mexico, Alasak, North Dakota, California and other places.

What we can not break from is the dependency the oil companies have in vested interests of billions of U.S. dollars in these other countries as they have bought into Middle Eastern oil for profit. Now, they cannot pull out and allow the U.S. to be completely independent of these other countries, because the big oil companies would crash, having a severe derogatory effect on the entire economy.

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 01:44 PM

Anyways, that was my ex bash...

... nobody cares...

... see you later.

Come back Telephone man!!
Looks like you have some CHEST hair too...?!drool

Chest hair? Yup... fists full...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! I LOVE the feel of chest hair against my bare chest!!love drool pitchfork

Oh my... I've been flirted with.....

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 01:32 PM

... nobody cares...

... see you later.

Come back Telephone man!!
Looks like you have some CHEST hair too...?!drool

Chest hair? Yup... fists full...

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 01:28 PM

... nobody cares...

... see you later.

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 01:22 PM
Here's me at age 22... and beardy...

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 01:17 PM
I actually have a re-curring nightmare that I am sitting on the mountain behind our old house in North Carolina... dressed up in my camo face paint and full camo BDUs... and I have my AR-15 with a sniper scope... and as soon as she steps in fron of the window, I unload a 30-round mag into her upper body...

... its just a re-curring nightmare

... I don't actually think about it during the day

... during the day, my day dreams include hand grenades and flying body parts....

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 01:14 PM
My ex.... hmmmmm....

Bashing isn't really punishment enough, but I guess this is a family site, so I'll have to de-tune my bash just this one time...

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 01:18 AM
.... moving the milk crates......

TelephoneMan's photo
Fri 12/12/08 01:06 AM
Edited by TelephoneMan on Fri 12/12/08 01:08 AM
From the need request I posted above...

I do not have money for household items. I am out of computer paper, dog food, Diabetes medicine, and other things that are necessities and not frivolities.

Its always cool to thank God for the big stuff. I honestly had no idea how I was going to pay my rent. My rent is paid.

But I needed a few things around the house.

I had forgotten that I had $4.35 in my checking account.

I stopped by the pharmacy, and I was able to get my prescription filled for the metformin I take for my Diabetes today. My co-pay is only $1.00 with my county health insurance.

I stopped by a Dollar store on the way home and they had dog food for $1.00 per 2.75lb. bag. I bought two bags for $2.00.

Last night when I gave a guitar lesson, once of my students told me he is going to bring by two 500 reams of paper for my printer.

I wasn't going to say which household item I was out of, but I think its cute, and sort of funny.... I was down to one roll of toilet paper... LOL...

At the grocery store where I usually buy it, it is over $4.00 for 4 rolls.

At the Dollar store, they had 4 rolls for $1

So for the $4.00 in my checking account I got...

... my Diabetes medicine I needed ($1.00 co-pay)
... 5-1/2 lbs of dog food ($2.00)
... 4 rolls of T.P.... ($1.00)... lol

Here in Michigan they put a ten cent deposit on every aluminum soda pop can and plastic soda pop bottle. I remembered I had a couple small bags of bottles in the back of my truck. When I took them back to the store, I had $6.10 worth of bottles.

After getting everything I needed for $4.18 (including tax) I tapped out my checking account, but was able to lay a five dollar bill and a single one dollar bill back in my wallet from the bottle returns.

Its less than 24 hours since I posted this prayer request, and I have more than when I started.

Oh, I got a dime with that five dollar bill and that one dollar bill. But when I came out of the grocery store where I returned the soda pop bottles, there was a Salvation Army bell ringer standing out in the very cold weather. I think the temperature here in Michigan was about 15 degrees tonight. And this fellow was standing out there ringing his bell for the Salvation Army.

I couldn't just walk past him and not give at least something, so I put the dime into his red can. I know it isn't much, but I am very much needy myself. I stopped for a few moments and I thanked the fellow for standing out there and ringing his bell. I told him it was for a very good cause.

Had I not been able to find my rent money this morning, I was going to call the Salvation Army to see if they could help.

All the way home to my apartment after that I sang the Christmas song "Silent Night." It has always been my mother's favorite Christmas song, and it eventually became mine, too. I rolled down my window a little bit and sang extra loud at the intersections when I was stopped at the lights. I was hoping somebody could here my voice and hoping that maybe it would make somebody smile or grin to hear somebody singing so loud.

And just now I remembered a section of verse from the book of Luke...

Luke 2:8-14

v8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

v9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

v10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

v11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

v12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

v13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

v14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

I especially want to point out verse # 10...

v10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

You know, even folks who don't even believe in Jesus can find good tiding of great joy during the Christmas season.

There is a lot of joy during this particular time of the year. I know there are some who will be alone on Christmas. I am one of those people. My family has decided to celebrate the day on December 20th this year. So when the 25th comes, I'll be home alone at my apartment with my doggie Koko.

But that doesn't mean I will be sad.

God meets all my needs. Even if their aren't any other people here on Christmas, Jesus will be here. There is no greater joy that I have ever found than to just be alone with my Lord.

Everything I have is his... all my computer stuff, all my books, all my clothes, my guitars and amps, all this stuff belongs to Jesus. When I buy something new, I hold it for a second and say a prayer and I give it to him. Its all his stuff.

One day this old body sick with Diabetes is going to lay down and it will not get up anymore. I will one day fall asleep in the Lord, and he will take me home. And in that day I will have run the race as best as I can, the prize is to just praise God here in this life, and give testimony that He lives. I know he lives, because I see Him work in my life.

I hope folks will stop and just thank Him for what he has done in your life today. I am so grateful for the cross.

Lord, help me to live for you all the days of my life.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.

And just plain....

YAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: <<<< Dancing like David with a tamborine...

TelephoneMan's photo
Thu 12/11/08 05:10 PM

it's not the topic or debate that is exhausting.. what's exhausting is trying to persuade B to see A's side... or B continuing to try to persuade A to change his or her mind... If both A and B are firm in their beliefs thats fine.. discuss it.. bring up facts.. whatever A and B think.. but just because A and B dont' end the discussion with the same views doesn't mean it's a waste of time..

and some people argue just for the sake of arguing

exactly... and obsessive arguing is a mental disorder...

TelephoneMan's photo
Thu 12/11/08 10:17 AM
Rent... what a concept....

...whew, glad that's over....

(until next month...)