Community > Posts By > sanelunasea

sanelunasea's photo
Sun 02/13/11 02:39 AM
Mr & Mrs Smith in between my legs.

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 02/04/11 01:08 AM
Edited by sanelunasea on Fri 02/04/11 01:09 AM

Man created god, there is no god.

That's a contradiction it's self. If we created divinity, how can you say it isn't real?

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 02/04/11 01:04 AM
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Congratulations on taking the first one. As someone who grew up in KY as a Catholic, I can understand how bleak things might seem, but there are others out there. Although, my personal advice would be to get out of KY, if at all possible :-P

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/28/11 10:43 PM
Didn't see a "string" here for us, so I took the liberty of starting one. For those of you who do not know what it means to be a Pastafarian, the following links are a really great place to start:

http://www.venganza.org/about/
and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastafarian

Now that you know a little about us, if you feel you've been touched by his noodley appendage, please introduce yourself below.

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/28/11 08:04 PM
It occurred to me the other day that people generally fall into one of two categories. On one hand, many people believe that the universe (including humanity) was created by the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God, a Flying Spaghetti Monster, or some other sort of divine entity. On the other hand, many people believe that all these divine entities are merely inventions or tools that were created and used by one human or groups of humans with great success to gain influence and power over another human or groups of humans. And every person in both groups is undoubtedly convinced that every person in the opposite group is wrong.

If god created man, man cannot have created god.
If man created god, god cannot have created man.

It sounds alot like a paradox, doesn't it? It may just be my years of indoctrination in double-speak, my knowledge that the Tao that can be named is not the eternal Tao, or my ability to believe that Schrödinger's cat is simultaneously alive and dead until the box is opened, but to me the following statement is not contradictory, but rather make perfect sense.

God created man. Man created god.

One event cannot have taken place without the other occurring. But that's just my observation. Thoughts?

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/28/11 07:07 PM

And, once you decide that you are searching....people will come along at just the right time to point a direction for you. Yeah....like the scarecrow. the Wizard of Oz just sums it up all so well. :wink:

Alas, The Wizard is just as confused as all the rest of us. Keep searching for the man behind the curtain. The more you know the truth, the better off you'll be.

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/28/11 06:59 PM
Well spoken as always, Gwendolyn. I like the way you think. Once a church splits into multiple ways of thinking, the only way for everyone to be reunited is to cast off both sets of beliefs entirely.

The scale of the change you predict may indeed take a very long time, but I can see that the wheels have already been set in motion, and have indeed been in motion for a very long time. My hope is that the technology available today will only speed things along. Although, it's unwise to rely on such a tool. The real change must start within each of us.

sanelunasea's photo
Tue 01/25/11 09:29 PM
Office Space in between my legs

sanelunasea's photo
Tue 01/25/11 09:27 PM

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/21/11 06:08 AM
Also in Kanagawa. Anybody else?

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/21/11 06:03 AM
363?

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/21/11 05:59 AM
Damn newbie bingo callers. F$@k 'em.

I-23

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/21/11 05:49 AM
Dating is when you dread meeting your partner's parents. Courting is when you convince them to let you marry your partner.

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/21/11 05:43 AM
Snatch... in between my legs.

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/21/11 05:19 AM
Born in KY, Lived in Kentucky, Hawaii, Guam, and currently Japan. Been to IN, TN, AL, FL, VA, MD, DE, NJ, NY, CT, RI, MO, IL, CA, Maui, Canada, Saipan x3, Australia, Okinawa, Thailand, Singapore x2, Hong Kong x3, Diego Garcia, Phillipenes, and the North Pole.

I feel like I'm forgetting something...

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/21/11 05:01 AM

If it was for religious reasons .... no support here
for medical reasons ... mountains of support

That is interesting. Isn't it? Whatever the reason, if someone WANTS to shave their head, I'd support that. If someone LOST their hair because of cancer, I'd support them too.

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/21/11 03:46 AM

No one is "enlightened."

I agree with Gwendolyn. Those whom you may perceive as more enlightened than you, or even less so, are really no different from you in any way. We all have the same potential. Very few people have lived up to it to the extent that many revered figures have have, but it is still there in all of us.

"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make it's own decision." ~Zefram Cochrane

sanelunasea's photo
Fri 01/21/11 03:09 AM
I have wandered many paths. I was born and raised Catholic and went to a Catholic school. But during HS I began to realize many fundamental flaws in the organization of the church and by college I had stopped going pretty much altogether.

Don't get me wrong, when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, I came out with a fairly solid foundation of right and wrong, how to lead a good life, and all that jazz. But the thing that bothered me the most was the tiny details that people get so caught up on that really aren't that important when you start to think about it.

So I started exploring the other paths that were out there that I never even had the chance to explore when I was a kid. I learned about Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, the Greco-Roman Pantheon, Paganism, Wicca, monotheism, polytheism, pantheism, atheism... I really thought I was onto something with Taoism. The Tao Te Ching really changed my perspective on pretty much everything. It's a short collection of some very potent poems, and it's much more portable than a bible. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I had come to believe in ALL the gods and goddesses, that as long as there was someone to believe in them, then they were real for that person. I simply chose not worship any of them. I do pay homage to Poseidon every once in a while, when you spend as much time at sea as I do, it can't hurt.

But a few weeks ago, I came across http://www.venganza.org/about/ and suddenly all the pieces just fell into place. I didn't become a Pastafarian that day. I realized that I had unknowingly been one all along.

1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 15 Next