Community > Posts By > taoisme

taoisme's photo
Thu 03/10/11 07:44 AM
A pirate hat and eyepatch. Arrgh.

taoisme's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:50 PM
Way to make your bad situation worse! I can't imagine breaking into someone's home to steal a handful of shampoo and a towel.

taoisme's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:47 PM
I can't decide what I want to be when I grow up, so I've decided to not grow up.

taoisme's photo
Tue 03/08/11 07:43 PM
A cowboy hat and chaps. yee-haw!

taoisme's photo
Mon 03/07/11 03:34 PM
a smile :smile:

taoisme's photo
Mon 03/07/11 03:32 PM
I love pets too, but not on the bed. I hate rolling over and getting a nose full of cat hair, and my dog (I just lost her last summer) was a german sheppard - there would have been no room for me!

taoisme's photo
Mon 03/07/11 03:28 PM
ipod

taoisme's photo
Sun 03/06/11 06:50 PM

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

What's it like where you live?

it's fantastic

The ups, the downs and the in betweens.

... for pretty much everything except the deadly winters.

What do you enjoy most/least?

The culture, the women, the job market / cold, corrupted, anglo-franco clash

Or where would you like to go?

France to meet my cousins from way back so to speak ;)

Bonjour! Comment es-tu mon ami canadien?

taoisme's photo
Sun 03/06/11 06:46 PM

Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I love Alberta, drive an hour in any direction and the landscape is completely different. Semi-arid desert to the south (complete with rattlesnakes), mountains to the west (world-class skiing), badlands in the middle, arctic tundra to the north. Winter tends to get cold, but where I am there is usually a chinook or two to break it up a bit. I'd love to visit around the world, but there is no where else I'd rather be.
sounds COOOOL!! real nice! ......can i ask you sumthn....whats a chinook mean??....i never heard that word before. blushingflowerforyou

Chinooks are awesome! They're like instant spring. One hour it's freezing and the next the snow is melting and we're outside in t-shirts. It's fabulous!
really! omg wish we had some of that here lol:laughing:....winters just finished..but its still cold..waitin for summer....we only get 3 warm months thogrumble ......so dya get them often then or is it like an oddity?

Chinooks are pretty random actually and you have to live in the right place to be able to take full advantage of them. In the southern part of the province it gets warm but is super, super windy and the north gets nada. It always gets cold again, but it is a nice reprieve. It's still winter here and isn't showing signs of letting up yet. I think we'll only get 3 WARM months this year!

taoisme's photo
Sun 03/06/11 06:27 PM
Dill pickle seasoning is ok, but there's a little theater here that has it's own special popcorn seasoning. All I can tell you is that it's yellow and very salty. I'd see a movie I hated just for the popcorn!

taoisme's photo
Sun 03/06/11 06:15 PM

Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I love Alberta, drive an hour in any direction and the landscape is completely different. Semi-arid desert to the south (complete with rattlesnakes), mountains to the west (world-class skiing), badlands in the middle, arctic tundra to the north. Winter tends to get cold, but where I am there is usually a chinook or two to break it up a bit. I'd love to visit around the world, but there is no where else I'd rather be.
sounds COOOOL!! real nice! ......can i ask you sumthn....whats a chinook mean??....i never heard that word before. blushingflowerforyou

Chinooks are awesome! They're like instant spring. One hour it's freezing and the next the snow is melting and we're outside in t-shirts. It's fabulous!

taoisme's photo
Sun 03/06/11 03:21 PM
Talk to your Dr. and your daughter and do what feels right.

taoisme's photo
Sun 03/06/11 03:16 PM

taoisme's photo
Fri 03/04/11 02:40 PM

BIF NAKED * I LOVE MYSELF TODAY

I love that one!!

taoisme's photo
Fri 03/04/11 02:39 PM
Wild Horses by Gino Vannelli. Old school, I know. It's been stuck in my head for days.

taoisme's photo
Fri 03/04/11 02:36 PM
Lick your finger and touch her shirt. "Now let's get you out of those wet clothes." True story. No, it didn't work.

taoisme's photo
Fri 03/04/11 02:26 PM
I have compassion for those who show compassion for others and for those who have no voice to speak for themselves (animals included).

taoisme's photo
Fri 03/04/11 01:24 PM
I think we have another Topic about government spending and tax breaks for the wealthy that you may be interested in, both of which Trump knows about as his interests benefited from the economic bailouts not long ago. No doubt he's charismatic and he knows how to make the US profitable on the world stage again, but he isn't a public servant.

taoisme's photo
Fri 03/04/11 12:56 PM
:smile:

taoisme's photo
Fri 03/04/11 12:50 PM

one of Jon Stewart's guests, Allison Stanger, wrote a book called "One Nation Under Contract". She specifically looks at how the US government has contracted out many of the military jobs overseas.

Ooff! Blackwater (They call themself something else, now. Xi, I think), is one of the premier examples of Bush Administration's privatization efforts. It is truly evil.

I remember something about Blackwater - it rings a bell and it goes to show that this is not a new problem. The interview that I posted a link to is especially interesting as it ties in with the rest of the thread about how the government is spending excess cash in ways and places that it doesn't have to and in many ways is making the problems worse. Even to the point where it is funding the "enemy" - forcing it's military to continue fighting expensive and pointless wars.
The US government likes to play the global hero and rushes in to save the day. They forget A - to look before leaping and B - that they have no actual super powers anymore. They're just a guy in undies and a cape.

1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 14