Community > Posts By > Rfah

Rfah's photo
Fri 04/01/11 01:10 PM
thnx

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 10:43 PM
There are a number people in my life who have recently heard the far of singing of a sole and lonely Angel – a tune which is clearly in the key of C.

I find I am lost for suitable words to say to them, as words seem so inadequate in these moments. How can words possibly help? They are mere vibrations through the air, dissipating in diminishing echoes while changing nought.

But then hope kicks in and forces me to try, and I stand and watch fate as she has her final say, and wait in single file, inevitably for my own mortal turn.

To all whom have heard that most haunting of tunes.

Fear not the future
Nor feel any forlorn;
Find solace in our friendship
and in the hope that springs with each dawn!

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 10:32 PM

vthepoet says: I'll be damned. Shiki actually helped someone.

Perhaps its a result of all the love that has been sent his way of late??? happy

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 10:10 PM
It has been suggested i might have started here .. so i could be introduced and welcomed formally .. I hope i have not been too presumptuous by skipping this step ... so let's try this:

Hi my name is Rfah and I like to mingle.

Anybody care to mingle back?

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:58 PM

sweetestgirl says: the place to start, to answer your question is in the New Members forum - to be introduced & welcomed

this forum is where you ask others to rate your profile and is also a good starting point

Thnx Sweetest .. of course ur quite right .. the 'New Members' forum! ..*slaps forehead*

A trade mark of mine can be to over complicate things at times, or at the very least, to overlook the obvious ....

Maybe i should make a restart???

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 09:12 PM
It's fine TB .. you have gone to some effort!! As you elude to ... 'Just be yourself etc' - i like the bit about continuing to grow, as in 'create urself'.

If it were me i would have left it at "A splendid combination of talent and trouble ..." and let intrigue do its work ... but then that's just me.

BTW: Here's another moronic ox to add to the list.

"Always remember you're unique...just like everyone else!" winking

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 08:35 PM
Wasn't it 'sposed to be the Y2K bug???

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 08:23 PM

I have removed some of these replies. I do suggest, reading the Rules

Thanks,
Mark

DAMN!! ... i missed them ... do we have a 'trash' area we can browse?

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 05:14 PM

rlynne says: i do believe i've gone round the bend

I've always wondered what lies beyond the bend ... 'cause i can't see around corners.

Anything there you can recommend?? happy

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 04:53 PM

Actually at times it takes making one mad before they will get motivated enough to do what they need to do.....whoa

Like kick-starting a motor bike! ... gets the motor ruuuunnin'

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 04:45 PM

As the Sun ages it will expand out to Earth's orbit. The Earth will burn up and be absorbed into the Sun.

Mankind, however will be lucky to survive that long since the Earth will probably be hit by a large asteroid by then.

... and there is the end of this thread!!!

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 04:35 PM
What does it mean??

It generally means you can share an unforced ..*smile*.. with a complete stranger.

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 04:19 PM
Jumping outa my skin! ... dunno why! Must be dreaming?? hangabout, lemme pinch myself .....

... Ouch!!!

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 04:11 PM
Eerr ... because the earth moved for her?

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 04:00 PM

fireflysgirl says: I see many graduate student women concerned about finding a mate before finishing their degrees! Many believe having a master's or doctorate makes it more difficult to date

But do women with master's walk around with it pinned to their chest? ..[now now!!] .. so just let nature do its stuff.

Of course compatibility comes into it at some stage - like perhaps one of the requirements is that there is an intellectual matching??

There a many intelligent women who don't have a degrees ... I personally find intelligent, self reliant and confident women attractive. But just as with men, a higher IQ can be misused to dominate!

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 03:38 PM

Shiki says: If you need my help to revise, just let me know

Thnx Shiki, you'll be the first i consult with!

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 03:27 PM

artlo says: I have the fear that some 30-something cutie-pie is going to be thinking, "Why is this dirty old man checking me out? What is he thinking"? Is this fear unique to me?

No art, it is not unique to you ... however it is not shared by all either.

Two things here:

First your 'fear'! Perhaps if you put 'perving' into a different perspective [pervspective?] it might help? .... we have all done it [perve] since the switch was flicked way back in the days of the 'Great Hormonal Flood' - the first thing we all do .. men and women .. is 'check somebody out' - its hard wired into us.

The difference is that in this environment we are 'caught out' every time, unless one cruises incognito .. whats it called? .. invisible? ... ah, yes .. by stealth! But i'm sure that has been mentioned somewhere in this thread already. So, if it worries YOU what they think about you 'checking them out' ... steal your way through the crowd my friend .. *smile*

In my mind however, that defeats the whole purpose for being here. That hackneyed old saying "you never ever know unless you have a bloody go!" [aussie version] still holds true today. 'Love' knows no barriers! But first each must know the other exists.

Secondly, this 'dirty old man' [/women??] thing, in my most humble of opinions is a most unfortunate social 'catch-cry' ...'old man/woman', perhaps .. but 'dirty'??????

Since when does looking at the opposite sex become 'dirty'?? I dunno! As far as I am concerned i still check out 25 yr olds with the same fervour i did when i was 25!! ... I have no control over that .. it is a natural thing to do ... what i DO have control over however, is to make sure i don't leer ... at anyone!

But check'em ALL out art! .. one of life's great ever persisting pleasures love

Rfah's photo
Thu 03/31/11 02:46 AM

I just looked in the mirror and realized i got more handsome

Have you got the B4 shot ... just so we can be the judge?? laugh

Rfah's photo
Wed 03/30/11 09:18 PM

laugh

Welcome to Mingle Rfah. I looked at your profile and liked it. I thought it was short, but surprisingly cute, in terms of approach. Join us more in the forum. :)

Thnx Red_Lace ..(a seductive name!) .. i looked at yours and felt somewhat overwhelmed!! Looking forward to exchanges. *smile*

Rfah's photo
Wed 03/30/11 09:14 PM

Welcome to Mingle2,I am sure, you will fit in, just fine.flowers

Thanks twokids ... *smells the flowers* ... Ahhhhh!

Previous 1 3 4