Community > Posts By > Alex740il

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 01:42 AM

hi has anybody on here every been to odessa ukraine. this place is a single mans dream.

Besides the women there... food... drinking... there is also the black sea, clubs, bars, architecture, uuhhh... women... and umm... ballet... no really check this out...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odessa_Opera_Theater

:)

Btw, thats my home city... I was born there... ;)

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 01:37 AM

you should just play with us :banana:

what are we playing? ;0
nothin yet

what do you suggest we play? ;)

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 01:35 AM
Edited by Alex740il on Sat 07/05/08 01:36 AM
hotel manager

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 01:32 AM
So who wants to get what? Or know what Im talking about...? ;)

Im getting the BB Bold, they keyboard just puts iPhone to shame... and I need Exchange support, although 3G says it will support MS ActiveSync... but thats the most flaky protocol ive seen.. ;) on top of that.. NO WAY TO COPY PASTE ON iPhone!!!! @#$#@ I cant live without that..

Whats your thoughts?

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 01:28 AM

you should just play with us :banana:

what are we playing? ;0

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 01:26 AM
whats wrong with asking women? they like to give advice, doesnt mean ill take it.. doesnt mean i wont... doesnt mean ill get mad.. doesnt mean i wont.. but i will have women to speak with about something... and maybe even more later after they get done with thoughts on my profile.. ;P

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 01:22 AM

omg Im good at this!!!noway devil laugh noway

Im good at this too... bend over... ;D

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 01:21 AM
So, I have never been a gamer... but am a Network Engineer... always been fideling and hacking away at the keyboard... between the drinking and partying.. hehe ;) anyways... Lately I decided I wanted to buy a console.. yes, yes, yes... so here is the deal, I never played games, dont care much for them.... now my choices...

1. xbox360 (can easily mod, download/copy games... yes its illegal... but I wont play em anyways, but just for the heck of it...)
2. ps3 (BLUE-RAY BLUE-RAY, cant mod it... can install Linux on it though...)
3. wii (new approach to the way games are played, really interesting... but doesnt have new mario thats only for DS, pisses me off, seems its only kiddie games... any thoughts? anyone own one? Sports games look cool.. no hacking/blue-ray or hd-dvd support... can browse web on it.. never seen it in action though..)

So, for some reason I cant make a choice, and I really dont feel like buying all 3....

Should I buy xbox360 for now... and later buy a ps3 cause of blue-ray and maybe possibly being able to hack it... ? Or is the wii really that fun and I should go for it and wont be sorry ?!?!? :D

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 01:16 AM
If your up for it.. take it apart.... plug it in... start it up.. see if the fans are working... ;) they should start right away...

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 01:13 AM
how old was the lady exactly... heheh :D

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 12:55 AM

I like sex, but I want a serious relationship. If all you want is sex then go to adultfriendfinder.com

... does that mean we can find you there and hook up.. ;)

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 12:52 AM

durn im 29 sad sad sad

isnt 29 THE age for women??! :)

Im 24... (I like em older... ;)

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 12:50 AM
Just curious if there is any Russian girls on here... I was born in Ukraine... speak Russian and English... been here since 9... ;)

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 12:47 AM
Im in Hollywood...

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 12:45 AM
Any advice on what im missing... that would make all you hot women more interested? ;)

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 12:07 AM
Hardware Firewall, I like SonicWall (cheap for what it is...), and don't download anything you don't know... :) you can also run Linux for added protection.. ;P

Alex740il's photo
Sat 07/05/08 12:02 AM
Get any Linksys Broadband router, wire your cable/dsl modem (that is, assuming you have broadband connection... not dialup...::), follow instructions how to login to router, setup internet connection, set WAP for WiFi NOT wep (10 seconds to crack.. :), connect laptop with wireless, any laptop these days has wifi... you dont need to fiddle with getting wireless on your desktop, unless you reallly want to, then just a simple USB wireless card, no need to get PCI for what your doing... I can guarantee that %99.9 :)))

Alex740il's photo
Fri 07/04/08 11:56 PM

I've been a computer technician and programmer since 1976. Rather, building and repairing computers, writing software, etc. Repairing computers is easy. Helluva lot easier than it used to be in those days for sure when we did component level (semiconductors, ICs, etc) repairs. I have also held electronic and computer/telecommunications design and engineering jobs since the 80 and designed digital electronic equipment in a wide range of applications from offshore rig towing (strain gauges, inclinometers, GPS, electronic compass, etc) to railyard switching, telecommunications, and X-Rays.

You can repair computer hardware issues with little more than a brain, a VOM and a POST diagnostics board most of the time. But you're a tech, not an engineer. You can write some business applications with little more than some in-depth knowledge of the issue you are working on, addition, subtraction and possibly some statistical analysis.
You can write graphics applications with set arithmetic, boolean algebra and not much more. But you're a programmer, not an engineer.
You can be a network administrator by knowing your operating systems, your routers, switches and hubs, wiring pinouts and rules and knowing some boolean math to calculate subnet ranges, etc. But you are not an engineer.

To be a computer engineer you MUST know math, algebra, calculus and a lot more. Computers are electronics and even though the DIGITAL logic is very simple at it's root..TTL logic... all electronics depend on analog functions too. Like power supplies for instance. You cant run a conductor from point a to point B without knowing what kind of power loss, inductance, heat, etc will occur. Ohms law comes to mind, Kirchoffs current laws, power formulae, on and on and on.

The good news is that I'm not an engineer except in some Microsoft and Novell Certifications...not schooling, and I've done very well. But I'm the exception, not the rule. Actually I'm a high school dropout who was in Angola (thats the State Pen for you non-Louisianians) at 17 years old when I was supposed to be graduating. (That hacking thing) But, I've been a techno geek (programmer, electronics buff) since before IBM even HAD a PC and a hacker when it meant beating the telephone system and, later when the Internet was DARPANet and you routed through someones mainframe at a university somewhere. And I've spent my life NOT reading fiction, watching TV or screwing off..even when I WAS high. I studied hard and studied the hard stuff and BUILT things. NOTHING, even that electrical engineering degree, can do more than experience. Plus I'm blessed genetically. lol

The only engineering job that I know of that does not require math comes with a little cap and a train whistle though.

I know ALL of you are thinking "What a stuck up jerk"...but it aint so. Im not handsome, rich or too socially skilled. But I am smart. My forte. So take my advice. Do your math...it's not that hard once you get over the Oh ****! mindset.

Nice... :)

You know Kevin M. ?

Alex740il's photo
Fri 07/04/08 11:52 PM
Not sure if u fixed this.. but its either your power supply is bad or fans aren't working, these are both replaceable parts that can be bought from dell... i know this has been mentioned already, but i say it again.. :)

Alex740il's photo
Sun 01/27/08 10:02 PM
Angel for Men and Givenchy PI (the original..) :)