Community > Posts By > Jistme

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 08:54 AM
Fear is a natural part of life. There are practical fears and irrational ones. The practical has me looking both ways before crossing the street. Irrational ones would have me trying (miserably, I might add) to be something I am not in these threads..as a for instance.

Living life without fear is simply denying it's existance, yet still suffering from its manifestations. Then more often then not...blaming those manifistations on something outside of self.

Living life in the face of fear? Can be considered the definition of courage.

As for the OP...

One of the key indicators of an addiction is doing something over and over trying to achieve the same feeling that once was a result of doing whatever it is you are doing.

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 08:27 AM

I just want to know what a drininition is....

hahahahahahhaa It's a typo jerk....laugh laugh laugh laugh

A typo jerk?

They have medication that might help that.laugh

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 08:25 AM

I can't believe the hot babes that responded!!!!

Thanks

Proof.. yet again!

That for some.. Any attention is good attention!

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 08:23 AM
I just want to know what a drininition is....

no photo
Tue 04/15/08 08:16 AM
I would not classify linddy as a Neocon either... Maybe Neotheocrat.. but not New Conservative.

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 12:12 PM

I generally have no idea what I'm babbling on about. Par for the course. Really...

That's ok.. We don't know what you are babbling on about either.laugh

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:44 AM

No truly there was a commercial on the television, that Mr. X (forgot his name) claims to put his very own social security number on the side of a truck for all to see because he can guarantee that identity theft will not occur...

:wink: laugh laugh

Nothing is safe from fools.

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 11:41 AM
There are some who spend time in these communities that open miscellaneous profiles and start threads asking a variety of seemingly unrelated questions... such as...What does your first name mean? When is your birthday? Is your family name historically significant? Where do you live? Etc... The same people tend to answer all these questions.

If you put all this information together? It is entirely possible to find other info about you in the public domain, or on some paid services.

Be careful what you reveal about yourself on the net, or go and get a tattoo of a target put on your forehead.

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:46 AM

I don't really agree with this part.. I have 2 step-kids, now while thier mother & I are no longer together. I'm still a parent to them, they come visit each week. And why tech i'm not thier step-dad anymore, they still respect me & treat me as such.

Maybe over time... that could happen, depending on the individuals involved. However...walking in and assuming the role of parent in a family that is used to doing things without you in the mix? Sounds like the fast track to alienating that family.

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 10:26 AM

BUT, Clinton has been disbarred from practicing law in his home state of Arkansas. THAT does not happen if someone is innocent
of breaking the law. NOT a good thing for a President of the US to have done to him.

Lindyy
:heart:

Actually.. Clinton did not refuse to leave office. He simply refused to resign. He was also not disbarred from practicing law.

The impeachment proceedings by the House of Representatives were for perjury, obstruction and abuse of power.

The article clearly states:
"Wherefore, William Jefferson Clinton, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States."

The case was then forwarded for trial before the Senate.
To remove an official from office requires a two thirds vote.. They did not achieve that on any count. He was therefore acquitted.

The end result?

Clinton was cited for contempt of court and the settlement involved a $90,000 fine. The case was also forwarded to the Arkansas State Supreme Court. Which suspended his license for 5 years. He was suspended from the United States Supreme Court as well. From which he resigned.

He settled a civil case for $850,000.

He was also censured by Congress.

There is a substantial difference between being disbarred and suspended.

If we are going to discuss things as facts? It might be a good idea to become educated on the historical facts first.

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 09:36 AM
I thought I felt my ears burning.

I woke up with him the next day....:heart:

I could have called that morning. My phone was on the nightstand beside me..Hers was on the nightstand beside her.

It was just easier to wake her periodically throughout the night and morning.:tongue:

no photo
Mon 04/14/08 07:50 AM

depends what are you good at?
Story telling maybe?

no photo
Sun 04/13/08 08:15 PM
If I had a nickle for every time I woke up in a hotel room and went to the drawer under the phone to tell which city I was in.... But I can only remember twice when there was another person in the room with me.

no photo
Sun 04/13/08 08:07 PM

Oh yeah? :tongue:

Hey.. It could happen! It's almost instantaneous if I start drinking.

Actually.. She just agrees with me.. It isn't so much whether I am right, wrong, better or worse.. She just probably knows she can end up in the same boat lilith and I are, should the right guy comes along.... and it probably scares the piss out of her.

My best advice is.. Stop future tripping.. There will be plenty of time for that after you actually meet the guy!

no photo
Sun 04/13/08 08:01 PM

careful Jist, she's tough....laugh laugh laugh

What? I did not want her to accuse me of being the leader of the free world.. Or kitten cruelty. I figured I'd come clean first!laugh

no photo
Sun 04/13/08 08:00 PM
I'le trie two dum dwon four yu sum...

no photo
Sun 04/13/08 07:54 PM
Edited by Jistme on Sun 04/13/08 07:55 PM

im pretty sure by the two pictures you have thats not you

Some of us are more observant then others..aren't we?

I suppose I should confess here..

My picture is not me either.

no photo
Sun 04/13/08 07:53 PM

LOL Nail--Head you got himlaugh

Well once upon a time or two.. I blamed everything outside of me for all my troubles too! Then I turned 12.

It happened again later in life. Then I stopped drinking.

no photo
Sun 04/13/08 07:38 PM

I know, but as similar as we are, you are so different than me in that area.....You're much stronger

Excuses, excuses...

Being strong is a choice. Being a Mother you make that choice every day. Being patient is a choice.. Being open to what you don't know, is a choice.

Lilith and I choose to be strong..daily. Some days are better then others.. Some days I carry the ball, some days she does.

Neither of us know exactly how things are going to work out at this time.. But we both know we want it to... and that has to be enough.

The fact is? Neither of us is strong alone, in this.. Together though? We stand a chance of working it out and being less then 2000 miles apart in the near future.

Should you find someone who lives far away and can't seem to make a break for it in their life, you in yours.. That is the way it is today.. But we just do not know what tomorrow brings, do we?

no photo
Sun 04/13/08 07:23 PM

Wait, are these the partial lyrics to a bangles song?

How the f@ck would I know? In fact.. how would you know?
The Bangles? I can't remember what happened last month.. let alone in the '80's!

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25