Community > Posts By > Jistme

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 10:27 AM
So why is it, people? What are you scared of?

Considering postulation is an accepted bases of discussion here for a few of us....

Assuming that fear is a factor. I'd say from experience... One of the predominate reasons I chose to carry as a boy and young man was fear of the unknown. Also a sense of power and control. However false it turned out to be for me.

Along the way in life... It turned out that my affinity for weapons did not serve me near as well as my ability to think and act according to the given situation... Which in every case, did not need the benefit of having the use of deadly force available to me. Even though... The potential for deadly force was available to others.

As you lilith and others close to me already know.. I too have worked and sometimes continue to work with the criminally minded, addicted and otherwise desperate under currents of society. Sometimes in a controlled environment..but more often in their element and all that it entails. Approaching it armed beyond my physical capabillity and mental capacity? Serves no real purpose other then to make me believe I am in more control than I really am.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 08:23 AM

I still say its rigged somehow,I just aint figured it out yet

Well.. Just the rules of probability are enough of a turn off for me...
146,107,962 to 1 odds of hitting the jackpot... even if you are the only one playing... doesn't have me standing in line at the Mini Mart.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 08:15 AM
Not play.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 08:14 AM

Now with that said please resume back to the OP's Topic Please!

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 08:11 AM

Can't speak English?

Well.. Geeze! Presidential material in the first grade? Who'd a thunk it?

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 08:04 AM

no risk at all...

That's not the sort of risk I was talking about.
Would his dependence on you effect the quality of life for you and your children... Is more to the point.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:50 AM

This class is for first graders who didn't pass their state assesments in Math and reading. Damn you President Bush

Not to drag this perfectly good thread into politics... But doesn't anyone else see the irony in this statement?

Might I suggest a game called

'Are you smarter then the President?'

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:43 AM

oh, and I don't like my one neighbor either....NICE. Thanks.

Anytime.

If the price of oil keeps rising at this pace.. Pretty soon we could burn perfume and cologne as an alternative.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:41 AM

the OP has not responded lately, so he must have already found what he came for......

OR...
He no longer sees the point of participating. Since the thread bears little resemblance to the original topic.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:36 AM

what are you the work police laugh
I appear to be working while talking to you all

but my work does get done :wink: flowerforyou

Your defensiveness makes us think otherwise.... What is your bosses email again?laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:34 AM

I said do you think, not I'm going to try...

Awe c'mon.. Give it a shot. Preferably with your nieghbors car though..

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:33 AM

hello there i have a ex-husband in prision i know the word ex for a reason thats a long story but he has no one to send him money but me and the kids not the folks he hung around one lady got kill in auto-mobile accident the other one just took off dont know how many more so should i do the chritian person and help him while he is in there? I never wished him no ill at all our marriage was over 15years ago. He got one year in so i havent married again and im not presently in a relationship so dont have anything to hide from the other guy just needing some feed back thanks

There really is not enough information for me to offer advice about whether it is a good idea or not.

In so far as whether it is a good Christian thing to do? I'm of the opinion that doing something you cannot afford to do or puts you and yours at risk... for the sake of another, is not necessarily a good thing. More often then not? It is a bad thing.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:27 AM

do you think it would work if I put milk in my tank instead of gas?

Let us know how that works out for ya!:tongue:

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:22 AM
Much of my day is waiting for computers to do something... on an average day. I suppose I could do my books or organize something... but that takes discipline I usually do not have.

Besides.. My boss is a complete ahole. I hate to do anything that pleases him.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:19 AM
A handy site to find the cheapest gas in your area.

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

It is 3.55 down the street. 3.45 is the least expensive non-membership price in town. 3.69 is the most expensive.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 07:14 AM

delete "sleeping".

I don't see why.. I had something about studying the back of my eyelids there for months.. Along with 'Freeloader' as my profession.

That didn't stop me.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 06:36 AM

WOW...

must feel like a houseful of little babies to take care of...

My bathroom has been taken over by 5 kittens. So.. yes.. it does.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 06:29 AM

fell in love and gotten married with someone on JSH ?..

Love? Yes... But..

No one told me about the 'Marry' button... Where is it?

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 06:18 AM

Luckily my man is honest. He knows it can't get any better than me.laugh laugh :tongue:

I share my mails with him too, we both get a laugh.

We do that too.. Although since putting up the kitten eating Bush picture. I don't have much to offer.

no photo
Thu 04/17/08 06:05 AM

And who knows.. you may be one of the handful of lucky ones that will find someone that lives within driving distance ;o)

Sure... Why not! Driving distance is relative. In my case.. Oregon to Ohio and back, is within driving distance. Assuming I've got 4 days and 600 bucks to kill.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25