Community > Posts By > Greenerpastures

Greenerpastures's photo
Wed 05/15/19 05:21 PM
Who wrote this topic? 55 isn't OLD! Good grief frustrated I know people in their 80's that drive..... ugh, these kids... they have no concept of old age....

Greenerpastures's photo
Fri 05/03/19 03:06 PM
Thank you MK getting worried about a lot of things while I heal. I know I will have trouble reading posts here. So, I'd better find me some readers lol flowerforyou

Greenerpastures's photo
Fri 05/03/19 08:43 AM
Thank you Sammy, fingers crossed

Greenerpastures's photo
Thu 05/02/19 11:19 AM

When I was searching I didn't really study the profiles that didn't match.
Usually, the top line made me click away because I am extremely specific in my age and distance preferences.

The ones I don't care for are the ones within my age and preference range but are obviously liars in their profile.

When I view a pic(s) on a profile I not only look at her I also take note of what she wears and everything I can see in the picture background.

If I make it to the profile and there is actually interests listed, not only do I take note of her interests but I also consider how she wrote (worded) them.

If I get to her blurb, if I see her writing about things that counter act with what I see in her pic(s) or her interests, It shuts her down.

If she is negative in her blurb about scammers or fakes or gives some ultimatum, I shut her down.

If I read about how she just wants to be happy or loved I realize that she thinks those things come from outside and not within her, I shut her down.

If I manage to get to the bottom I note her statistics and compare them with what I found out above. If it doesn't match or no answer, I shut her down.

At the very end, I look at her mail preferences.
I look for preferences that match me.
If I can't message her to start a conversation, I shut her down.

I must stress that its the first line that eliminates most profiles for me.
But, I did find someone on this site, free, that had nearly nothing in her profile but her first line matched and she expressed and interest and we eventually met face to face.

The 'objective', for me, is to find one that matches my preferences.
If, for some reason she doesn't, I give her no further energy and move to the next.

It was that face-to-face meet that told me what I needed to know and so far its been almost 4 months and we're still 'good'.

Dating sites (apps) are tools.
When you use it as a tool, it works.
If you use the tool improperly you get wrong results.
Right now, I don't need to use that tool.
I come to the forums because I like the discussions.

I'll expand a lil:

If she has 4 pics and each pic has a different hair color - she can't make up her mind or she has a self-esteem issue.

If the picture background items don't match up with her proclaimed details.

Obvious signs of alcohol or drug use. Red-Nosed alcoholic, bloodshot eyes, bad hygiene, appearance of high stress or run down look in their faces.

Anything written that exhibits or implies she doesn't have control of herself. "I just want..."

Anything implying she is looking for a man to do...

A woman that puts her kids, pets or career as a personal priority.
This is a dating profile.
I'm looking to date her, not her kids or her dog or work with her.
The kids, dog and career is something I get with her so should only be mentioned once we get to know each other a bit.
Her profile needs to be about her and me(a match).
If its not all about finding me (potentially), she is looking for someone to use. Someone to raise her kids, walk her dog, take her to work if her car breaks down. All perfectly acceptable but not in a dating profile.
So, her priorities are messed up.

Obvious signs of narcissism.

What I believe is there are very few people (men or women) that know how to write a profile to find someone.
For me, what is important is accuracy and demonstration of intent to actually find someone.

Fill out the profile completely.
Its part of using the tool the right way.
Garbage In = Garbage Out

I would shut you down in a heartbeat, hiding in the shadows! You write so much it shuts others away from you... I wouldn't even finish reading all that junk... oh by the way from the shadows you look like a woman! and write like a guy? what the...frustrated

Greenerpastures's photo
Thu 05/02/19 09:17 AM

frustrated

Why don't people read profiles before messaging? whoa

I do... And majority of the time I don't message them because of no profile, or just to picky for me...

Of course most run when I mention"disabled"....

As we grow older more are "disabled", it does not mean they are dead! I'd much rather have a man physically disabled than mentally! It takes a special kind of person to have a relationship with a person with a disability. Usually that person has gone through some kind of physical pain themselves. I for one agree with your statement because of the ignorance of others. I have a disability, it can't be seen or noticed most of the time. Finding someone with a disability does not prevent me from looking further at the individual. I say, what is on the inside is much more important than what we see in the mirror.

Greenerpastures's photo
Thu 05/02/19 07:24 AM

Thank you kind lady, I hope I've not said anything you strongly disagree with? flowerforyou

Everything is good from what I can see... oops, well, I did put those drops in my eyes to clear things up a bit. Getting nervous. Wonder what it's like looking out of one good eye and one bad... but I'll know very soon ... until the second surgery. I need to go chill. Sending a hug your way.

Greenerpastures's photo
Tue 04/30/19 12:30 PM
naha, no good at it, I can't whistle either

Greenerpastures's photo
Sat 04/27/19 06:19 AM

I remember going into a house my sister was thinking of buying and when I went into the kitchen, my first thought was, this was obviously built for tall people.

Lol:sweat_smile: mybe if ill go find a house ill check first the kitchen if its were really built for me..

Just raise the floor in the kitchen... that's my plan

Greenerpastures's photo
Sat 04/27/19 06:17 AM
Your taller than me! They said I shrunk! But hey, I'm fun size laugh

Greenerpastures's photo
Tue 04/23/19 02:46 PM
I'm sure there is a phone number or website for that frustrated

Greenerpastures's photo
Tue 04/23/19 07:04 AM
Ah, someone read the poem! I found that when I was a kid in a church bulletin. Author unknown it said. Many people loved it over the years.

I'd say I have very high emotions as always. Despite growing older we all must face the truth now and again out our well being. It's not always a pretty picture. I face eye surgery in the coming weeks. But hey, they say I'll be better than I have been in a lifetime! Let's hope so.

MKgentleman, I read from you often flowerforyou

Greenerpastures's photo
Mon 04/22/19 04:41 AM
I prefer someone older, but have to take into account many photos on a place like this are older than the person really is in it. Somehow, I seem to frown upon the guys looking for a much younger person then they are... it sends a message in its self. Mostly I look for what is on the inside. Some of the sweetest people are not a raving beauty by any stretch. How much older? doesn't really matter if we have something in common

Greenerpastures's photo
Fri 04/19/19 01:56 PM
Bewildered....I've seen a lot in my time online. This morning takes the cake. One guy wanted to be my friend who's profile said he was 134 years old.... and another if he were wearing a robe would look like the photos you see of Jesus Christ. Am I awake? Dreaming? Pinch me please. I'll recover, not to worry

Greenerpastures's photo
Fri 04/19/19 05:58 AM
Must be prepared. Would be wise to read everything ... all the details. My last viewer claims to be 134 years old! Tread the water with caution, there could be sharks. Good luck.

Greenerpastures's photo
Thu 04/18/19 04:28 PM
The biker dudes, need to find biker ladies where bikers hang out. They never read profiles so no matter what I write they still hang around my page. But no, I don't give out my number until I check someone out. There are ways to do that, it takes a few conversations and some basic information

Greenerpastures's photo
Thu 04/18/19 04:19 PM
"Sally, Dick and Jane"

Greenerpastures's photo
Thu 04/18/19 09:39 AM
No, haven't actually found any real people in my area. Just old accounts never closed and a couple biker dudes who can't understand why women don't want to ride with them.

Greenerpastures's photo
Tue 04/16/19 09:14 AM
Well, so far on here lately, no real people so I really don't have to worry about either laugh

Greenerpastures's photo
Tue 04/16/19 08:27 AM
Chocolate
Chocolate
Chocolate!

Greenerpastures's photo
Tue 04/16/19 07:34 AM
Oh, I can use this place from my phone browser? ok, I'll play with that thanks. Yes I downloaded a photo but the crop here on my profile edit is broken... so, I will use my phone when I get back into the mood do work on that. thanks so much. Timer is a good idea. I'll see if I can see which buttons to push for that

Previous 1 3 4