Community > Posts By > dlawson12

dlawson12's photo
Wed 05/13/09 01:25 PM

That site seriously sucks! I signed up a few years ago for 1 free trial month. Took me at least an hour to fill out all the asinine questions and you only have access to the people they think you should have access to... wtf?

Try filling out all the questions then they tell you sorry, no matches for you... have a nice day and go away. laugh

dlawson12's photo
Wed 05/13/09 12:33 PM

MATH TIME...

If it takes X number of licks to get to the center of a tootsie-pop, how many shovels does it take to get to the bottom of a hole?

0!

dlawson12's photo
Wed 05/13/09 12:26 PM
Welcome to Mingle! waving

dlawson12's photo
Tue 05/12/09 02:50 PM

over something so badly only to find it was nothing when you had to face it...I had to have a nerve blocking epidural injection in my back today...I had myself soooo worked up only to find it hurt worse to have the tattoo I have ...frustrated

Yes I have, but not so much worried about pain than results.

I'm glad it was nothing! No pain is good even if your frustrated :D

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 03:46 PM

yea obama sux...that should do it...frustrated

You mean people would actually disagree with this?

(runs from thread) bigsmile

chicken...lol need I scream it...I ain't scared...change is not always a good thing...

oh... didn't run, just keeping it light ;)

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 03:41 PM

yea obama sux...that should do it...frustrated

You mean people would actually disagree with this?

(runs from thread) bigsmile

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 03:11 PM

Depends on what they're doing - if it's an activity I enjoy, I'll join in if that's an option. If not, I'll be happy that they're having fun but wander off to do my own thing.

exactly, if I would enjoy it why not, if not.. do my own thing.

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 03:08 PM

Linux desktop has come a long long way but its still not there, every once in a while I give it a try and it still falls short of ease of use. THere is always one or two things that are a pain in the *** to set up, and that coming from someone in server support for 12 years, can you imagine what trouble an every day user would run into?

As far as virus's and malware... I dont get them.... Funny how it helps when you run windows update and update your protection programs.

I like linux alot, but windows is a good solid OS (yes I said that), it gets the most malware and virus attacks because it is dominant and everywhere.

I have a linux server, always have had one for years in my home, it just doesnt work for me as a desktop yet.

I love linux.. but I cant bash windows.. it has its place.

I have my father, who was over 50 before he ever owned a pc, set up on Fedora and he hasn't had any problems with it. What distros have you used? I'm tinkerer and power user so I get into all kinds of crap. I have not had to do anything overly technical for just average everyday user stuff for some time. Not to say there isn't room for improvement, but you could say that about any OS.

Actually Fedora is my favorite, its my "server" although I dont have gnome or xwindows on that one.

If all I did was check email and hop on the web Fedora would be more than enough... but between multimedia, watching tv on it, WAP being a pain on linux, transferring files via bluetoothe. Ive also never been able to get a bluetoothe headset working with skype very well. I have tried ubuntu as well, liked Fedora better. Linux is solid and dependable, its the third party apps that just dont measure up to their counterparts on windows, and that is the company's fault, not linux... I know openoffice rocks, I'm talking about the more esoteric stuff. Maybe I need to put more time into it, but after trying to get stuff working for so long.. when I know it just works in windows, its annoying.

Conversely though the things I do on my server I wouldn't want to do on windows. Linux does server tasks just as well if not better and for free.

I just feel both OS's have a place. I am not adverse to making the switch when I think its ready, Ill be happy to stop paying for an OS. That is why I try every so often when Fedora puts out a new release.

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 02:55 PM
Welcome to Mingle2! waving

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 02:44 PM
welcome to Mingle2. waving

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 01:52 PM

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 01:46 PM
40... and the description is eerily accurate.... :smile:

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 12:53 PM
I am leaning towards introverted from the middle.

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 12:48 PM
Linux desktop has come a long long way but its still not there, every once in a while I give it a try and it still falls short of ease of use. THere is always one or two things that are a pain in the *** to set up, and that coming from someone in server support for 12 years, can you imagine what trouble an every day user would run into?

As far as virus's and malware... I dont get them.... Funny how it helps when you run windows update and update your protection programs.

I like linux alot, but windows is a good solid OS (yes I said that), it gets the most malware and virus attacks because it is dominant and everywhere.

I have a linux server, always have had one for years in my home, it just doesnt work for me as a desktop yet.

I love linux.. but I cant bash windows.. it has its place.

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 12:25 PM
Ive had one a long time, only used it once to go to Jamaica :smile:

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 12:18 PM
I didn't know about the rule... I always call/contact the next day though. The night of I figure might be too soon, unless it was like a lunch date I suppose. I would not want to wait three days if I had a good time... lol. I also figure if she had a good time calling the next day wont be a bother.

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 12:10 PM
Welcome! waving

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 12:07 PM
Jeans and a nice shirt mostly, but that could change with the venue...

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 12:05 PM
welcome to Mingle!waving

dlawson12's photo
Mon 05/11/09 12:01 PM
Saturday!