Community > Posts By > 3DogKnight

3DogKnight's photo
Tue 11/20/07 03:05 AM
Why Sweetheart,
I thought you knew... all of us nice guys got sick of waiting for you to weed through the players and left the state...
LOL

Been gone for 17 years and still haven't heard as much BS as I was every night when I went clubbing in Dallas.

Seriously though... There are a lot of nice guys in your area... I still have a few friends that are actually really good guys and when they have girlfriends, they devote themselves to them... it usually works well for a while, but I've seen their relationships break up from:
1. Drama
2. Something/someone shiny and new that simply is a competition junky and has to hit on other's ladies to feel superior... (Yes, there are a LOT of those out there)
3. preemptive mid-life crisis... (my term for... I don't know what the heck you were thinking... but you've done it now...) These usually hing on simple misunderstandings caused by getting too close under each other's skin.

They are out there... really! If you're not finding them, take a look at what it is your looking for. Ask yourself if it's REALLY that important, or if you would rather be happy and loved, even if the person did not have that attribute... Once you've done that with each of your "preferences", then look at where you've been looking... Most guys do fancy someone at work... or someone that they know but do not think there's any interest, so they are nice... polite, or just won't say anything because it's apparent that you are looking for a cookie-cutter made stud instead of a whole person complete with our faults and imperfections, and often unseen (personality or otherwise) benefits.

How do I know this? I've asked the same questions in the reverse direction, and that is what I'm still... in the process of doing. For instance... in 41 years... I have never dated a blonde. I know several that I think are heart-stopping... I'm not anti-blonde... but my preferences have led me away from them every time. Now... I'm actually kind of excited at the concept of "new and different", even though the personality may be the same... it may not!

3DogKnight's photo
Tue 11/20/07 02:42 AM

How about if youre 51 and u dated a 34 year old man? Done that !!loved it.lol

That's the same age difference as my greatest variance in a relationship... I was 22 and was actually referred to as her "pet" a few times... I really hated that phrase, but she made up for it every time in the most incredible ways... lol

Now that I'm 41 though, I've noted that it doesn't seem to work as well with gender reversal... If I dated a 23 yr old woman... I might feel the as though I were the luckiest stud-muffin out there; but it seems that a lot of my peers (both genders) would consider me as something near a molester...

I admit... this was the topic at a bar one Thursday afternoon... and the funny part is... each of us looked at it in a positive light if it were us dating the much younger, but the rest all made comments along the lines of... "Stay the h_ll away from my daughter!" (although I don't have one... lol)

Recalling that discussion, now... months later... I'm just resigned to finding a 36-44 yr old lady that still looks somewhat and has the energy of a 23 yr old... (there's got to be one out there... I still think I'm 25... LOL)

3DogKnight's photo
Tue 11/20/07 02:22 AM
I really hate cliche's but when they're true, they're true...
Without the pain, how would you really know you're alive?

I mean, you have to experience the down side in order to grow, and develop the up into the best that it can be... (Sorta like negative reinforcement to encourage you to get it right next time... lol)

3DogKnight's photo
Tue 11/20/07 02:06 AM

sometimes i feel like true love is an urban legend yah know ? i know that sounds negative but...is it really possible to love & be loved completely ?

Perhaps you'll find value in this...

One Day You'll See

The first time I saw you,
I knew you were the one.
There was no question in my mind,
after having that much fun.

There's just something about you,
that I've never found before.
And now that we're good friends,
I find myself wanting more.

I never thought it possible,
to care for one so much.