CountryAngel1017's photo
Sun 12/23/07 03:02 PM
Hi Everyone!

I haven't been around because while I'm on Christmas Break from classes, I'm taking a CNA course, so I can work at that till I get my teaching degree. It seems like a simple enough job, but you wouldn't believe the reading and studying involved in getting certified!!! I was shocked! But things are going well, and I'll work where I'm taking the course after I finish.

Had a great service at church this morning. Wonderful music, and we had a communion service as well. I LOVE my church family. It is soo good to feel that way!!

I hope everyone is doing well, and is ready for Christmas! I gotta go finish the fudge, and bake a couple pumpkin pies! See you later!

Angel

CountryAngel1017's photo
Thu 12/13/07 04:04 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well, finals are over...I passed everything!! I had an interview today, so I may have a job lined up.

Debbie, your friend is in my prayers.

Britty, I love your quote about prayer!

I love coming here to see what everyone has had to say. I am a bit shocked that the majority of so-called "religion" topics are nothing but debates and arguments!! It seems that certain people even start topics just to have the "fun" of fighting with Christians about their beliefs! I have no time or patience to deal with that.

I, too, believe that the very, most important thing is a person's individual relationship with God, not religion.

:wink:

CountryAngel1017's photo
Wed 12/12/07 12:39 PM
Thank you, Britty! It has been a busy week so far. Three final exams, and out putting in job applications.

I hope you're having a great week!

God bless!

angel

CountryAngel1017's photo
Mon 12/10/07 06:59 AM

LOL my name is not Art. My points come off like art maybe. No this is definitely a place to discuss the aspects of religion both good and bad. I don't just think that Christianity is bad I think that all religions that hold back the pace of mankind, that do harm to society with their close minded philosophies and habit of putting people down. I feel it is my responsibility to be here for my brothers and sisters. If just one person steps into the light of reason from what I type in these posts then it will all be worth it.

Ill be thinking for you :heart:

Thanks for the offer, but I believe that I'll continue to think for myself. However, while you are attempting to think for me, I will pray for you. It seems you have had ample information to choose or not choose to accept that God is real, and you choose instead to argue and debate.
I refuse to do either. I will leave you with one final thought that I feel is especially relevant to your situation:

"There is none so blind, as he who WILL NOT see."

Merry Christmas. :smile:

CountryAngel1017's photo
Mon 12/10/07 06:42 AM
“I really believe that God can speak to us through any version we prefer to read, so it shouldn't be a matter that would cause divisions among believers"
Help me to be understanding. Help me to be forgiving. I have the King James. I guess I should be happy I have it and can find the verses for all the other versions. If you feel I am dividing a group, please, turn away and do not read anything I say.

NO, NO, NO!!!!!
Oh, no, JB, I didn't mean to imply that YOU were causing divisions!!! I just meant that some people might become so set on one version that they may cut themselves off from people who use other versions, or think that other versions aren't truthful, and the people who read them can't be real Christians.

I am so sorry you took that the way you did!! I didn't catch that comment till I has posted my comment about your stories. I didn't make it on here yesterday, (Sunday) because after church I went to my son's, then to my granddaughter's Girl Scout dinner, and then to evening church! Busy, but very nice day!

I love Earl Gray, too!!

Jazzie,
Thank you! Sometimes we need to be reminded of God's blessings!

CountryAngel1017's photo
Mon 12/10/07 06:32 AM
JB,
I enjoyed your articles! Just recently, I was studying Australia, and I think the country is very interesting. I'd like to visit there someday.
Thanks for sharing these stories!
God bless.

C Angel

CountryAngel1017's photo
Sat 12/08/07 12:39 PM
I got some Raspberry flavored cocoa in a gift package last year. It was really good. I should pick some up. I haven't tried the Mint. Does it taste kinda like a peppermint pattie?

I've started to drink hot cidar this year, too. I cheat and buy the premixed packages, so it's always on the shelf when I want some.

I like cold cider in the summer when it is freshly pressed. I like to go to the Bob Evans Farm Festival and watch them press the apples, and then buy some of the fresh juice to take home.

I gotta go feed the dogs, but I'll be back on here later!
drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

CountryAngel1017's photo
Sat 12/08/07 10:31 AM

I saw a Black Jesus at a Holey Rollers church!

I'm confused! Maybe someone can set me strait?

i believe he was neither. he was jewish, so he probably looked like a jewish male does from nazareth.

I totally agree with Cranium on this one! Watch the evening news and you will see people that probably look very much as Jesus did when He was on Earth. He was born of a Jewish woman in the Middle East, so I don't know why anyone would try to claim He was Black or White.

CountryAngel1017's photo
Sat 12/08/07 10:19 AM
I don't believe Jeremiah is referring to Christmas trees.

See Isaiah 40:18-20 "To whom, then, will you compare him to? As for an idol, a craftsman casts it, and a goldsmith overlays it with gold and fashions silver chains for it. A man too poor to present such an offering selects wood that will not rot. He looks for a skilled craftsman to set up an idol that will not topple."

Also, Isaiah 44:14-15 "He cut down cedars, or perhaps took a cyprus or oak. He let it grow among the trees of the forest, or planted a pine, and the rain made it grow. It is man's fuel for burning; some of it he takes and warms himself, he kindles a fire and bakes bread. But he also fashions a god and worships it; he makes an idol and bows down to it."

Isaiah 30:22 "Then you will defile your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold."

The people made idols of wood, covered with gold and silver, and they stood them up to worship as people worship before a statue of Buddah. But they were not gods, only manmade things.

I know of no one who worships their Christmas tree.

CountryAngel1017's photo
Sat 12/08/07 08:58 AM
flowerforyou Good morning, Britty!

Hope your weekend is good! Mine is cold! But otherwise, good.

For real Bible study, I use the KJV and the NIV. For evening reading I use the NIV mostly, but recently I was given a copy of the Contempory English Version, and I've been reading it. It is a very readable edition. It is a translation published by the American Bible Society. It is translated from the Greek.
I also enjoy reading the New Century Version. It is a translation from the Hebrew and Greek texts.

When I give a Bible as a gift, I always give the NIV. Especially to teenagers. It seems they are more likely to read it than the KJV.

I really believe that God can speak to us through any version we prefer to read, so it shouldn't be a matter that would cause divisions among believers.

We get enough hard times from outside the faith!!! LOL!

flowerforyou For you!

drinker Hot cocoa for me!

CountryAngel1017's photo
Sat 12/08/07 07:43 AM
Edited by CountryAngel1017 on Sat 12/08/07 07:44 AM

NIV is all under copywite laws. You should not be able to find it online. It is a book writen by man for fithy lucre's sake, not a book written by God Like the King James Bible.
There I go again!

Sorry, JB, I have to disagree with you on this one! The Bible was written in Greek, Aramaic, and Hebrew. I read none of those. The King James Version was an "English translation" authorized by "The High and Mighty Prince, James, by the grace of God, King of Great Britain, France and Ireland, Defender of the faith, etc. The translators of the Bible wish Grace, Mercy and Peace, through Jesus Christ our Lord." That is the dedication of the King James Version.

I see nothing at all wrong when more recent translators go back to the original texts, which were Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, and update with words that are more easily understood by the common person of today. No one that I know speaks with thee's and thou's and other words that were used by the common people of England when the KJV was authorized. I use the NIV version on a regular basis. I find it very trustworthy, and I often compare verses from it to the KJV.

I don't care at all for The Message version of the Bible. It is a paraphrase of the Bible, not an actual translation of the original texts. But if some come to accept Jesus through the reading of it, I'm all for it!!

Have a wonderful day!!:smile:

CountryAngel1017's photo
Sat 12/08/07 07:27 AM

Well I would say yes He never did....only because satan made them feel ashamed and that they would never be worthy to be in God's presence. Does that make sense angel?

heart you girly

I understand where you're coming from, but I believe that they felt no shame before their Creator prior to their sin. God created them, and loved them. It seems natural to me that He would have spent time with them.
This is one of those points that people are likely to have different feelings about, but it doesn't effect our relationship with our Saviour, so it shouldn't effect our relationship with our sisters and brothers in Christ. So, lets just agree to slightly disagree on this one! OK?? LOL.
:wink:

CountryAngel1017's photo
Fri 12/07/07 01:19 PM

Genesis 2:15 Then the Lord God took the man and put hhim into the Garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep.....But God did not ever walk with Adam.

Genesis 3:8 And they heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. And Adam and Eve were ashamed because of satan through the serpent.

Debbie,
Hi, I just went back and reread the chapters from which you quoted. It does not specifically state that God walked with Adam, but neither does it state that he did not walk with them. We don't know how long Adam and Eve lived in the garden prior to their temptation and subsequent fall, so I don't think we can say without a doubt, that God never did walk with Adam or maybe even with both of them. flowerforyou

CountryAngel1017's photo
Fri 12/07/07 10:59 AM
"I have been told I am in error to interpret the Bible as saying that Adam walked with God in the cool of the morning. That is the way I read it."

That is the way I've always read that, too, JB. I don't really see how it could be any other way. But ya know, there is always someone who will challenge you on everything related to God, Jesus, the Bible, or any aspect of your relationship with God. Wow...there are a lot of them on this site. LOL

I'm so glad that I found this ongoing conversation among fellow believers!

"I ask for prayer. The work I have ahead of me is that of a younger man. I can do all things with Christ who strengthens me."

You've got the prayer!! I know what you mean though. As an adult who is attending college full time and seeking full time employment, I feel that the verse you quoted is so applicable to my life, too!!!

Loved the snowman post!! lol.laugh

CountryAngel1017's photo
Thu 12/06/07 12:18 PM
Edited by CountryAngel1017 on Thu 12/06/07 12:21 PM
Debbie, I got this one last Christmas, and I really enjoyed it! I'm glad I saw you post it today, cause I might have posted it myself later!
As to others begrudging your holiday...I've only been at JSH for a few days, and I've already seen several instances of people who seem to use the site to deliberately attempt to start "discussions" with Christians, when their real goal is obviously to make fun of all things having to do with God. I feel sorry for them, cause like Jesus said from the cross, they know not what they do. One day they will know, and I pray that it will be before it is too late.
There are also some very friendly people here, which is why I keep coming back!

CountryAngel1017's photo
Thu 12/06/07 10:11 AM
Edited by CountryAngel1017 on Thu 12/06/07 10:32 AM
You're welcome. You know, when I first began to read that, I felt a bit offended, I thought someone was going to put down God or Christmas. But the further I read, the better I liked it, and found that I agreed with most of it!
I still will say "Merry Christmas!" It is, after all, what we are celebrating!
I copied your post about "Merry Christmas" or "happy holidays" and posted in a bullitin on My Space. I keep up with my grandkids and some fellow students on there, so I thougnt this was a good way to get that info spread even further.
drinker

CountryAngel1017's photo
Thu 12/06/07 09:47 AM
To Everyone:
I got this in an email, so if you've seen it, I apologize. But it has so much truth, that I wanted to share it with those who haven't read it.

Dear Children:

It has come to my attention that many of you are upset
that folks are taking My name out of the season.
Maybe you've forgotten that I wasn't actually born
during this time of the year and that it was some of
your predecessors who decided to celebrate My
birthday on what was actually a time of pagan
festival. Although I do appreciate being remembered
anytime.

How I personally feel about this celebration can
probably be most easily understood by those of you
who have been blessed with children of your own. I
don't care what you call the day. If you want to
celebrate My birth, just GET ALONG AND LOVE ONE
ANOTHER.

Now, having said that let Me go on. If it bothers
you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a
scene depicting My birth, then just get rid of a
couple of Santas and snowmen and put in a small
Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My
followers did that there wouldn't be any need for
such a scene on the town square because there would
be many of them all around town.

Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling
the tree a holiday tree, instead of a Christmas
tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember
Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grape vine
if you wish: I actually spoke of that one in a
teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and
what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten
that one, look up John 15: 1 - 8.
If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of
My birth here is my wish list. Choose something from it:

1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to
the way My birthday is being celebrated, write
letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home.
They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of
year. I know, they tell Me all the time.

2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have
to know them personally. They just need to know that
someone cares about them.

3. Instead of writing George complaining about the
wording on the cards his staff sent out this year,
why don't you write and tell him that you'll be
praying for him and his family this year. Then
follow up. It will be nice hearing from you again.

4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts
you can't afford and they don't need, spend time
with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why
I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your
arms and remind them that I love them.

5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and
forgive him or her.

6. Did you know that someone in your town will
attempt to take their own life this season because
they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't
know who that person is, try giving everyone you
meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.

7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in
your town calls the holiday, be patient with the
people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a
kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a
"Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing
them one. Then stop shopping there on Sunday. If the
store didn't make so much money on that day they'd
close and let their employees spend the day at home
with their families

8. If you really want to make a difference, support
a missionary-- especially one who takes My love and
Good News to those who have never heard My name.

9. Here's a good one. There are individuals and
whole families in your town who not only will have
no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any
presents to give or receive. If you don't know them,
buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the
Salvation Army or some other charity which believes
in Me and they will make the delivery for you.

10. Finally, if you want to make a statement about
your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a
Christian. Don't do things in secret that you
wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your
actions that you are one of mine.

Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself.
Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'll
take care of all the rest. Check out the list above
and get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but
the ball is now in your court. And do have a most
blessed Christmas with all those whom you love and
remember : I LOVE YOU, JESUS

CountryAngel1017's photo
Thu 12/06/07 09:43 AM
Britty,
Thanks so much for posting the words to your favorite song! It's also one of my favorites, but I hadn't seen the words. I'm saving them. Now, next time I listen to my CD, I can sing along with ALL the words!
Hope you're having a good day!
God bless!:smile:

CountryAngel1017's photo
Thu 12/06/07 09:42 AM
flowerforyou Dear Winnie, I'm still very new here, but I wanted to let you know that I'm sorry you got hurt, and that I'm praying for you! Frustration is a terrible feeling! I know!! God bless!

CountryAngel1017's photo
Thu 12/06/07 09:37 AM

It may come from years of condescending comments from christians like
If you had God in your heart like I do you would know..
or
God puts truth on my side your heart is hard...
or
Jesus is the only way into heaven I feel sorry for you...

In the world I live in Christians are compelled by their religion to proselytize to other people. If there wasn't this constant hum of Christians trying to push their beliefs onto us maybe things would be different.

All that being said I think my actions of just asking questions and having a constant back and forth is tame. I don't go around calling names and trying to intimidate others from speaking. I encourage everyone to bring their point of view. I will bring mine in the same low key, straight ahead way that I do. To bad that seems antagonizing to you. Maybe you should ask yourself why your faith is so easily threatened by my comments.

From previous posts, I guess your name is Art. So, Art, I thought I would respond to your statement. I don't feel that my faith is personally threatened, and my God is certainly not threatened. I just felt that if you are so anti-Christian as you come across, you might enjoy hanging out where others don't discuss God or their faith. I for one, don't feel that it is my job to get you into any religion. A relationship with God is a personal thing.

Previous 1 3