Community > Posts By > don60036

don60036's photo
Wed 03/26/08 06:29 AM
Thanks for all of the inspiring replies.

don60036's photo
Wed 03/26/08 06:19 AM
I have tried this dating site and others with no sucess. But I am NOT giving up! I will eventually meet a woman that is right for me that doesn't live in another state or country.
I just think that the time has not been right perhaps. When it is meant to happen, it will happen.

don60036's photo
Wed 12/19/07 06:02 AM
Two days before Thanksgiving I broke my left arm on the job. I also tore some ligaments. I went to the doctor yesterday. I got a new cast. I was hoping that this one would not be as high up on my arm as the former one. But it is. So I still am unable to move my elbow, wrist, or hand.

At the very least I am still gainfully employed. But what a way to spend a holiday season. I guess a am a one armed bandit of love! Lol.

don60036's photo
Sun 12/16/07 06:29 AM
Hair bands. Let's see.... Motley Crue, Poison, Warrent, Ratt.

don60036's photo
Sun 12/16/07 06:19 AM
I am watching the movie, "Wedding Singer". It has some great music from the 80's. I was a young man in the 80's and i remember listening to groups like the thompson twins, van halen, boston, ect.. Now we have rap. Rap has been around longer than disco was. But personally I do not care for it.

What has happened to music?

don60036's photo
Sat 12/08/07 07:35 AM
Dreaming can be good for u. Especially if u have a very nice dream.

don60036's photo
Thu 12/06/07 08:29 AM
I have been thinking about the past. Almost 20 years ago I had quite a few friends. We were all really close to each other. Since 1989 we have drifted so far apart that I do not know where any of them are.
1 died. A few got married to people that didn't want them to have anything to do with us. Most moved like me.
But I can remember several outings with the group. There were roughly 30 of us. We would go camping, boating, bowling, ect. I miss my friends. I sometimes wish that some of the moments that I had with them would have never ended. It may be silly to wish for such a thing but I do.

don60036's photo
Thu 12/06/07 05:14 AM
This morning my car started at first. I let it warm up for about 10 minutes. Then I drove 2 blocks to a gas station to get gas. After I had pumped and payed for the gas my car would not start. I finally got it started after waiting a few minutes.

It is very cold here in, Chicagoland. We have had snow. And to top it off my left arm is broken. Since the cast keeps my elbow, wrist, and hand immobile I only have 1 hand to drive with! So with the car trouble, ice, and cast, I took the day off.

don60036's photo
Sun 12/02/07 09:46 AM
Sometimes I harken for the days of my youth. I didn't have to worry about bills or where my career was going. Ah, those were the days!

Here in the 21st century we seem to have a lot more to worry about. Or do we? Should we really belive everything we read, see, and hear on the news? Why is it mostly bad news? What is going on with the media today? Are they trying to make us think that the world is so bad compaired to say 20 years ago?

Maybe the news media gets higher rating reporting tragedy. I still believe that as an individual I can make a difference. I can be pleasant and polite. I can give a fellow human being a smile.:smile: and maybe I will get a smile in return!

don60036's photo
Sun 12/02/07 08:35 AM
I have certainly been taking it easy since i broke my arm. Not that i have much of a choice. I just don't like that i have basically lost most of the use of one arm. However, at least i will gain the use of my left arm back in time. I consider myself very fortunate in that aspect.

We have people overseas that have lost arms and legs all together! They are not so lucky! To them i tip my hat!

don60036's photo
Fri 11/30/07 09:17 AM
Having a broken arm is not a good thing. It throws everything off balance. I cannot move my hand, wrist, or elbow due to the cast that was placed on it. Restricted movement can be a problem in an active life but i still do the best i can. So if u have now or ever have had broken bones, u know exactly what I mean.

don60036's photo
Fri 11/30/07 08:42 AM
Some have said that being alone is good. It does have it's benefits sometimes. If u are alone u don't have to answer to anybody. However, if u are with somebody u have a friend to help u find the answers to life's questions.

don60036's photo
Thu 11/29/07 09:05 AM
It seems like i may have struck a few nerves. Or opened, Pandora's Box.

don60036's photo
Thu 11/29/07 08:59 AM
Being negative never gets u anything but more negativity. If u are positive u will go a lot further in life.

don60036's photo
Thu 11/29/07 08:57 AM
You have to listen to people. How they talk. That is as important as what they say. Meeting new people is never easy. Life is too short. Get out there and take a risk. But do it at a public place away from where u live. If it doesn't go well then leave.

don60036's photo
Thu 11/29/07 08:51 AM
A couple of women have tried to scam me for money. The first one was real smooth at first. We wnt on yahoo chat and i hooked up my webcam when she asked. She was all sweet. Then she tried to ask for money. I permanately ignored her on yahoo. I then reported her on the other dating site. Her profile was removed. Then next day she was back with a new profile and name living somewhere else.

don60036's photo
Thu 11/29/07 08:45 AM
It is not easy in today's society for a good man to meet a good woman. The things that used to mean something years ago still mean something but I think people want more today. Also some are afraid to send an e mail to a stranger. I am giving this online stuff my best shot. I am not in a hurry. It will happen when it is meant to.

don60036's photo
Thu 11/29/07 08:11 AM
Hello women in, Chicagoland. This is, Don. I live in, Highland Park. I usually drive a charter bus but lately I have been helping in the office. I think of myself as a sometimes brutally honest man. When somebody asks me for an opinion I always ask if they want the real opinion or the candy-coated version.

I am seeking an equally honest but fun-loving woman in the, Chicagoland, area. Being alone is for the birds! So check out my profile. View my pictures. E mail me. Ask me direct questions. You will always get honest answers from me. If u ask a silly question you will get a silly answer. :wink:

don60036's photo
Thu 11/29/07 07:48 AM
My brother came over yesterday with my neice to visit me. They wanted to see how I am getting along with my broken arm. My neice gave me a nice hug. I hugged her back. I wasn't sure if I could still give a good hug with this cast on my arm but she she it was a good hug! So I guess that proves that I can still hug, even with a broken arm!

don60036's photo
Mon 11/26/07 10:36 AM
You say u have broken a ton of bones? How does that happen?

Previous 1 3