Community > Posts By > gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet's photo
Mon 11/26/07 01:13 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2007-11-26-iraq-us_N.htm

gulfwarvet's photo
Mon 11/26/07 10:30 AM
Edited by gulfwarvet on Mon 11/26/07 10:33 AM
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraq's government, seeking protection against foreign threats and internal coups, will offer the U.S. a long-term troop presence in Iraq in return for U.S. security guarantees as part of a strategic partnership, two Iraqi officials said Monday.
The proposal, described to the Associated Press by two senior Iraqi officials familiar with the issue, is one of the first indications that the United States and Iraq are beginning to explore what their relationship might look like once the U.S. significantly draws down its troop presence.

In Washington, President Bush's adviser on the Iraqi war, Lt. Gen. Douglas Lute, confirmed the proposal, calling it "a set of principles from which to begin formal negotiations."

As part of the package, the Iraqis want an end to the current U.N.-mandated multinational forces mission, and also an end to all U.N.-ordered restrictions on Iraq's sovereignty.

In a televised address Monday, Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said his government will ask the U.N. to renew the mandate for the multinational force for one final time, with its authorization to end in 2008. He insisted that the U.N. remove all restrictions on Iraqi sovereignty.

WELL,AS LONG AS WE ARE SPENDING A TRILLION DOLLARS SUPPORTING A PUPPET GOVERNMENT THEY WANT US...LOL

gulfwarvet's photo
Mon 11/26/07 10:25 AM
i seem to recall they found suvs in iraq with texas plates..
what was that all about?

gulfwarvet's photo
Sun 11/25/07 12:10 PM
who deleted whom?

gulfwarvet's photo
Sun 11/25/07 12:10 PM
seems sad to me..perhaps it just because im alone?:smile: ohwell

gulfwarvet's photo
Sat 11/24/07 01:48 PM
i thought it was dec 22.am i a year late?

gulfwarvet's photo
Sat 11/24/07 01:31 PM
if you marry him he gets paid more....
so if you dont do it for love..
or because its the right thing to do...
do it for the money..
tell him to keep his head down...

gulfwarvet's photo
Fri 11/23/07 08:11 AM
Edited by gulfwarvet on Fri 11/23/07 08:12 AM
IRAN says no to U.N.sanctions.
A senior Iranian envoy on Friday rejected U.N. sanctions on his country as invalid, and accused the U.S of using unfounded scare tactics in insisting Tehran was trying to develop a nuclear weapon.
The comments by Ali Asghar Soltanieh, the chief Iranian delegate to the International Atomic Energy Agency, were made available to The Associated Press before delivery at the closing session of the IAEA's 35-nation board as it focused on an agency investigation of the Islamic Republic's nuclear program and its defiance of a U.N. Security Council ban on uranium enrichment.
Soltanieh on Thursday called on the Security Council to close the file on his country's nuclear activities, saying Iran was close to dispelling fears about its intentions that have prompted sanctions.
In comments Friday, he said Security Council resolutions demanding a stop to the activity — a possible path to nuclear weapons — have "no legal basis." And he accused Washington of making "a political issue" of what he maintained was Tehran's peaceful nuclear program by falsely warning of the "threat of Iran's plutonium nuclear weapon."

the last time someone said no to the house of bush,he found himself hanging from a rope...here we go again.

gulfwarvet's photo
Wed 11/21/07 08:35 AM
thanks guys

gulfwarvet's photo
Wed 11/21/07 08:12 AM
:smile: im new..and its my birthday...

gulfwarvet's photo
Wed 11/21/07 07:07 AM
:smile: im new looking to make friends around louisville,Kentucky.blushing

gulfwarvet's photo
Wed 11/21/07 06:16 AM
donna 76 wants sex for peace....