Community > Posts By > AmethystWyne

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 04:48 PM
Another piece of advice: put some information in your profile. You basically have what you posted here as your profile content. What do you like to do for fun? What hobbies do you have? Do you participate in sports, play musical instruments, sing, do art, dance....... Let people know who you are. That's a great place to start. And like Motown said, participating in the forums is a great way to get to know people on here. :smile_cat::smile_cat::smile_cat:

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 04:34 PM
Mashed potatoes

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 04:33 PM

all these women want to text only. why can't we talk in person like normal people? its infuriating

Is she comfortable enough talking to you that she wants to meet up? Also, as Cat said, are you close by? I get a lot of messages from people that don't live right next to me, and my job makes it even more difficult to just meet up with someone. Now if you have been talking for a while and they keep pushing you away, it might be that they are not interested, in which case they need to be honest about it. Good luck with the search :smiley_cat:

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 04:18 PM
I can only speak for myself, but I went with what I was thinking in reference to the regrets topic that you mentioned. We all have them, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one who can say that they let someone slip away from them, but rather than taking away from the situation a bunch of regrets and what ifs, I tried to learn from the mistakes that I had made. But quality/quantity can also come into play if a person was using quantity of people to fill a void, but realized the mistake too late. (guilty of this myself). I think that it's open to much interpretation and perspective. waving

AmethystWyne's photo
Mon 12/21/20 03:59 PM
Sweet treats

AmethystWyne's photo
Sun 12/20/20 12:23 PM
School days

AmethystWyne's photo
Sat 12/19/20 12:45 PM
Edited by AmethystWyne on Sat 12/19/20 12:47 PM
Wild life

AmethystWyne's photo
Sat 12/19/20 05:45 AM
Library book

AmethystWyne's photo
Fri 12/18/20 10:46 PM
Boat launch

AmethystWyne's photo
Fri 12/18/20 12:34 AM
Date night

AmethystWyne's photo
Fri 12/18/20 12:30 AM
Child's play

AmethystWyne's photo
Fri 12/18/20 12:17 AM

Ahhhhh...............aren't you people afraid of regrets? What if you suddenly found that you were going to die the day after tommorow?

What if we die tomorrow? I would rather spend the time with quality people as opposed to quantity. In the short 43 years of life I've lived, I have lost a husband, my mother, and nearly lost my own life. Only regret that I could ever have would be to not live the best life I can. Corny I know, but it's true, at least for me it is. I can't speak for anyone else.

AmethystWyne's photo
Fri 12/18/20 12:05 AM
Horse play

AmethystWyne's photo
Thu 12/17/20 08:17 PM

I'm on 19 years now! But I realized early on that I didn't want to be like many people that I knew when I was younger. Even though I am not a virgin, I still consider sex to be special, and I didn't want it to be a "common occurrence" for me. Do I miss it? Yes, of course! But I am hoping that when I finally find my toad in a sea of wannabe prince charmings, it'll be something special between the two of us.
Yes, I know that I said my toad...... I want someone who is unique and himself. Toads can be quite lovable too! :frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog:

go for it girl......he is out there......"make the boy earn it",,,,,

I'm looking! :blush:

AmethystWyne's photo
Thu 12/17/20 08:15 PM
High flyer

AmethystWyne's photo
Thu 12/17/20 02:52 PM
Zone out

AmethystWyne's photo
Thu 12/17/20 02:18 PM

Do dogs suspect ghosts?

It's not just dogs, but all animals are able to pick up on residual energies because they have heightened senses. I've seen it first hand. A few days after my mother passed away, I began to notice that her cats were acting a little bit strange, always looking at one corner of the living room of her house, and a few of them would chatter at the corner like they did when she was alive and would talk to them. Even though I have since moved from the house, I know she comes around because of how the cats behave. So I absolutely believe that animals can sense spirits.

AmethystWyne's photo
Thu 12/17/20 02:04 PM
I'm on 19 years now! But I realized early on that I didn't want to be like many people that I knew when I was younger. Even though I am not a virgin, I still consider sex to be special, and I didn't want it to be a "common occurrence" for me. Do I miss it? Yes, of course! But I am hoping that when I finally find my toad in a sea of wannabe prince charmings, it'll be something special between the two of us.
Yes, I know that I said my toad...... I want someone who is unique and himself. Toads can be quite lovable too! :frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog:

AmethystWyne's photo
Sat 11/28/20 12:22 AM
My new favorite soup is:
Spiced Vegetable and Chicken Soup
6 cups chicken stock
3 onions - chopped
3 zucchini - chopped
3 potatoes - cubed
4 carrots - chopped
2 Serrano chilies - chopped into small pieces
1/4 cup Mrs. Dash seasoning
1 tsp salt (optional)
4 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
1 can diced tomatoes with juice

Throw into a pot and simmer until vegetables are tender and mushy. Serve as you like to.

I will add more chilies if I'm not feeling well, but the 2 add just enough spice to warm you up. I'm a bit off because I like to tear a bagel into pieces and put it in the soup bowl. Lol
It soaks up some of the broth and it's quite tasty!

AmethystWyne's photo
Wed 11/04/20 10:38 PM

One of my favorite soups is one my momma called Poor Man's Soup. It has no set ingredients list and it basically consists of whatever you find in the fridge! Lol Tonight I made it with chicken, garlic, Serrano chilies, onion, water and something like Mrs. Dash seasoning. I let it bubble away for an hour or so and it was really good. Very simple ingredients. The same with her Veggie soup. Any veggies that you want, put it in a pot or a crock pot and add vegetable stoc, or beef consume, or chicken stock and let it simmer and get mushy.... I like to add zucchini and squash to the mix, sometimes rice. My mom could always make a meal with very little and it just worked. With it getting colder, soups and stews are very good.

I make what we call Poorman's Meal
Not really a soup tho.

My mom used to make Bacon Soup but I didn't get the recipe.
My dad used to tell me, when I complained about dinner, during the Threadbare Thirties they had to boil an old leather boot for soup because there was no food. Boot Soup! EWWW!

I always wanted to try homemade French Onion Soup in a Bread Bowl.

You can find gazillions of soup recipes on Pinterest.
There's a pork chowder in a bacon bowl I'd like to try someday.

Pork chowder? Interesting! If it has bacon in it, it has to be good! 🥓🥓🥓
I haven't made French Onion soup in a while, but I always found that the best recipes were the ones that kept it simple.

1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 14