Community > Posts By > Turtlepoet78

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 09:00 AM

lives with their parents?

Sure why not, I had to rent from my parents for a long time before I finaly moved into my own place. Some folks are just below their means and do what they have to, who am I to judge;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 08:56 AM

okay wait
is there two differat topics in here going on?
everyone supports each and every soldier over there right and wishes them a safe return and we want them home alive..theres no argument about this so please stop saying we're ungreatful for them!
it is what they are being told or forced to do and why or why they shouldnt be doing it is what is being debating..correct?

drinker drinker

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 08:53 AM

Has anyone been able to get any stats on support for the war from soldiers? The most recent I can find is from 2006 grumble

It's a hard stat to come up with really, most soldiers aren't really allowed to show much public opinion while in service. At least they weren't while my family members were still in service;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 08:44 AM

let me ask all you pro war people why we're in Iraq??? Terrorists didn't come from there!!! You all could get your facts straight

Well Saddam certainly was a type of terrorist, relying on terror tactics against his people to hold power, kinda like his ancient predessesor Sargon was a terrorist. But we're in Iraq today because we can't leave without making things worse;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 08:35 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HjpX__vUTA&feature=related

I have been reading for a few days now, about who believes what, and who belives whom.

My statement is, if you support Bush, and the war, you are helping to kill our men and woman of the military.

Stop the war and bring them home.

I don't really think that's fair. I don't support Bush or the premise of why we went to Iraq, but to pull out overnight would only make matters worse now;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 08:31 AM

Which terrorists? Not all terrorists are the same group. How about Vietnam? I'd say the vietnamese tactics were far worse than those in battle in Iraq or Afghanistan;^]

avoiding the obvious question huh...ok so how about you tell me what wars your studied and where this studying took place...

Believe me or don't, I don't care really. But I've been studying history since 3rd grade if you must know. You only refered to new technologies, not new types of enemies. Believe all the talking points if you want, I know better & have nothing to proove to you;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 08:24 AM

those of us who studied the history of war know better

please enlighten me as to the wars that you studied where the enemy was similar to the terrorist and with the enemy having access to the forms of commuincation (ie: internet) that these terrorists have. .....

Which terrorists? Not all terrorists are the same group. How about Vietnam? I'd say the vietnamese tactics were far worse than those in battle in Iraq or Afghanistan;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 08:18 AM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
northn_yanke, you must be blind if you think the republicans are united behind the issues, the GOP has been full of bickering since the beginning of these campaigns and constantly refer to the dems with name calling. At least Obama thanked Mccain for his service. You must be one of those people who stand behind the republican nomatter what, blinding yourself to the reality of it all;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 08:08 AM
And republicans aren't gathering over a mutual hate for the democrats? Goes both ways;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 08:06 AM
Every war they tell you "this is a new kind of war" or "we've never faced a more brutal enemy", those of us who studied the history of war know better, and BTW, before going into Iraq, Iraq had NOTHING to do with Al Queda. The neo cons love to throw around the vague term "terrorist", yet they say little about terrorists in America blowing up abortion clinics and protesting soldiers funerals. Rumsfeld gets no sympathy from me, especialy not until he admits to his mistakes and under handedness;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 07:51 AM
Dang it, I have to go to bed early tonightsad sad sad

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 07:46 AM
Astrology takes root in ancient Sumer, possibly before then but since the alphabet began in Sumer that's the oldest recorded history we have so it must be dated to about 3500 BC. I don't believe much in astrology though, but I am a big fan of astronomy and astro physics;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 07:38 AM
You can't just decide I'm drunk, that's between me & god;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 07:35 AM

The worst mistake in the history of the world as we know it!!! Anyone who voets or voted for Obama is a moron. He has no policies and the black population can't even get there own lives figured out with all the drugs, gangs, crime and rap music so how is some black guy going to run our country? He will run it like the black man he is, like an idiot. And he will run the country like every black person in america, hating the white race. Because our ancestors owned slaves they hate all whites, get over it!!!!!!!sad

Wow, streotyping the black community then cry of a stereotyping of the white community..lol Dam, it's black history month too;^[

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 07:31 AM
I like Obamas idea to make more employers shell out health insurance, companies providing it in bulk means cheaper prices and better coverage. Much better than Hillary wanting to force individuals to buy it which would be more expensive and a big strain on those below the half;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 07:27 AM

Compared to Saddam, Rumsfield is an angel.....

I'd agree there, but it doesn't mean Rumsfeld hasn't been under handed;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Wed 02/20/08 07:21 AM
Go Obama!!! Wisconssin and Hawaii, that makes ten in a row. If the voting stopped now it looks like Obama would still be slightly ahead even with the supers going to Clinton. She's gonna have to start winning big from now on inorder to stay in the running, and I really hope she doesn't. I'm starting to lose my support for Mccain now too, it broke my heart to see him vote against the ban on water boarding, Obama may be the only hope left;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 02/19/08 02:35 PM

Rush who did the same thing to Clinton. Context man, context

context?...you can't even show me what he said so what context are you talking about...

sidebar....kudos to you for kicking the addiction...

In context of this discussion, not in context of what Rush said. This discussion of Rush started with why it was ok to bash clinton while in office but yet in another thread it was sooo wrong for Depeche Mode to bash Bush. I know the statements he made because I heard them from my grandfathers car before he passed in 99. I'm not going through the trouble of sifting through all his idiotic statements just so you can see. Those of us who heard Rushs Clinton rants in the 90's already know;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 02/19/08 02:18 PM

I'm not bothering, if you don't know you don't know, anybody who has knows the things he said.

came up empty on google so maybe it just wasn't as important to others as it is to you..

I never said it was important, Rush's opinion don't mean shyt to me. I was asking her why it wasn't ok for Depeche Mode to "bash" Bush while she apparently is in love with Rush who did the same thing to Clinton. Context man, context;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Tue 02/19/08 02:03 PM
laugh

Rush's name in the same sentence as words of wisdom is like using basement in a sentence about out houses

laugh laugh laugh

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25