Community > Posts By > Turtlepoet78

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:35 PM
Cut & run, another lie by the conservative base. That implies overnight withdrawel without any involvement left in the matter. Neither have proposed doing that;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:33 PM

The rundown: We cannot leave Iraq now, perhaps years before this we could of but it is NOT an option at this point in time. As far as WMD's go, who has proof they existed? Show me proof they existed, until then we have more than enough proof they did not exist at the time we said they did in the late 80's that would of been different but this is now. Saddam was not a threat at the time the war was started, I've outlined his "threats" in another post and can't be bothered to bring them up again. What ever happened to Osama? Yea we should of caught him before ever making a move into another country, if we set out to do something it should be done before anything else takes priority.

Why is that only few countries are allied with us in the war in Iraq? Of the apparent many that "believed" the WMD's existed, where are they in this war?

We know Saddam had them at some point, we still have the reciets;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:32 PM
Most of their talk has been concerning time phase withdrawel complimented with employing UN peace keepers. It's already been covered months ago & is considered well known enough that it isn't disscussed as much anymore;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:29 PM
No, but Iraq is the subject at hand. They don't want to kill us because of our freedom as Bush says, they hate us, as I said, some for interfering on their land and some for not interfering enough. Again, a complicated situation;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:27 PM
H-burg seemingly dwarfs Staunton, there is alot of places to shop here but we do have a bit more crime. hehe, I'm personaly fond of Glenns Fair Price next door to me, that place rocks;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:24 PM
Biden was a candidate, he's dropped out now. But I suspect he will be kept close by either Hillary or Obama, his experiance and Wilson like ideas are just too valuable to not do so;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:21 PM
Which terrorists? They're not all the same group and half of the enemy in Iraq aren't doing anything but trying to drive us out with no interest of coming here. Most of the terrorists fight us because we're on their holy land, "following us home" is just another lie by this administration, just like the "yellow cake" bit in Niger;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:12 PM

As I said in another post, there are no easy sollutions;

the scariest part of that reality is that there is not even an hint of a solution offered by any of the Democratic runners..

There is, it's just not talked about much. Personaly I'm fond of Bidens plan;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:10 PM
Listening now to Drunken Lullabies and Devils Dance Floor, not what I'm looking for but I can work them into my set. Heh, I don't think the Dropkick Murpheys will work as well, they're just a bit too heavy for the dance floor;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:03 PM
Thanks, am looking them up as we speak. Not gonna be any drinking tho, kinda forbid at the clubhouse where the dance will be;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 01:00 PM
The right time was in the past, when saddam was actualy commiting the genocides. Imagine if Bush got impeached or convicted but Cheney got off, do really want Cheney in total control? And even after Cheney is Nancy Pelosi, not a good scenerio either. No, we need to hold off for this final year and wait 'till we have new leadership. I know some say "anybody's better than bush" but that's incredibly naive, it can always get worse;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 12:56 PM
Ok, I'm dj'ing a St. Patties day dance next month & need to find a couple Irish dance tracks. Mainly I just need two, one traditional style and the other more of a modern remix of types, sort of like the "Cotton Eye Joe" song but for the Irish, if that makes sense. Anybody got any recommendations? I'm having a really hard time finding the second;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 12:52 PM
Was up everybody? City of Harrisonburg here now but raised in Staunton. The shenandoah valley is the greatest place in the world;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 12:46 PM
Maybe after Bush leaves office, but not before as it would leave us in a dire situation. It was the right war at the wrong time I think, but right now focusing on why we went in is irrelevent to the sollutions, we went and now we have to solve the puzzle;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 12:42 PM

I agree....if we pulled out right now it would be another terrorist run country.

That's the truth, or even worse it would end up like Darfur. As I said in another post, there are no easy sollutions;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 12:40 PM
They aren't following us home, that's just fear mongering by the conservative base. Obama isn't perfect, but I think he can make it work with the assistance of those he'll keep close. As long as he pulls the troops out responsibly it can work;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 12:37 PM

I was up late last night;and on the news I saw...............
a SECURITY GAURD throw a guy outta his wheelchair noway

and her exscuse: I thought he was faking.

Faking or not; that was just wrong!!!! :angry:

I was disgusted when I saw that as well, especialy as someone who deals with the disabled. I wish I coulda been there to set em straight;^[

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 12:35 PM
There is no easy way out of Iraq without making things worse both here and over there. Not because they'll "follow us home", but this is our mess we clearly are the ones who broke it and thus we have responsibility to see this through. If we pull out right now we risk a genocide of Iraqi people, which will definatly bite us in the ass as we will be blamed for that too & increase our middle eastern enemies that much more. Complicated problems require complicated sollutions and this is extremly complicated, pulling out over night is NOT a sollution;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 12:29 PM
The term "soul" is not neccesarily specific to religion, and this doesn't sound religious in context and your claim of theocracy is far off point, see Huckabee for theocratic leaders. And on that note I completly agree with their statement, but then I am a bleeding heart progressive (as if there's anything wrong with that). I fully support Obama in this campaign;^]

Turtlepoet78's photo
Sun 02/17/08 12:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaB1psXTjS4&feature=related

That's about the size of it;^]

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25