Community > Posts By > TheReverend

TheReverend's photo
Fri 02/03/12 10:46 AM

Love for my friends and family; I would sacrifice my life. For a relationship; I wouldn't sacrifice anything.

I always find it odd when people date someone that they'd not consider a good friend :/

TheReverend's photo
Thu 02/02/12 01:43 AM
A Mirror :D

TheReverend's photo
Tue 01/31/12 03:12 PM
Sadly since his LaVey's passing the current leaders have gone a bit nutso. It used to be a viable but theatrical alternative to the christian mindset but it's just stupid now. If you want to know more read his books, and keep away from their websites

TheReverend's photo
Sun 01/29/12 01:59 PM

You can live in la la land if you want. I'm not going to try to show people the truth who don't want to see it.

*pats your head and ruffles your hair*

TheReverend's photo
Sun 01/29/12 12:24 PM

As for 9-11, there is proof that they suspected an attack by planes could take place. In fact, there were drills going on to defend such attacks several times. If they were so taken by surprise, they would not have been having drills.

That is good government preparation, making sure all possible events are looked into as intelligence comes in that they may be on the agenda whether or not somebody actually attempts. How in any way is that a cover up or hint at any sort of conspiracy going on?
This is what conspiracy theorists do. They apply their limited and often non-existent knowledge to a subject, and then try and interoperate titbits about it in a way that'll fit their own skewed outlook when it quite happily fits with a normal explaination.

TheReverend's photo
Sun 01/29/12 04:04 AM

Yea, I definitely think differently. I believe you dont know it if you cant show it.

Art is actually all about this. Just imagine an artist who says they have the best technique, go on and on about how you suck compared to them, but will never show you the art work itself.

Would you believe them?

I've never known an artist with that kind of ego, but I would sure like to see their work if they were trying to sell it to me. I certainly would not buy it sight unseen.

Otherwise, It would not matter one bit whether I believed them or not and I would not care if they were lying or bragging or whatever.

So unless a person has a vested interest in the subject or what is being sold, it does not matter if they are lying or if you believe it or not.

I've known people who do nothing but tell tall tales. They are just tall tales and it doesn't matter if they are true or not unless you are invested in the tale in some way.

It's nice that you finally agreed with what he was saying :)

TheReverend's photo
Fri 01/27/12 03:56 AM
The more science and psychology discovers about the brain the more ridiculous the ideas people have to make up to try and make the idea of 'the soul' fit in

TheReverend's photo
Fri 01/27/12 03:35 AM

I think everyone is beautiful.....
So you can be beautiful on the inside but not on the outside and still be able to take away someone's breath. You can be beautiful on the outside but make a person avoid you with a ten foot pole.

And what about the people who are both ugly on the outside, and the inside? Are they beautiful too?

Everyone has beauty to offer. As I said, for me it is the way you look at it. A simple smile holds beauty and how contagious is that? Everyone laughs. There is beauty in laughter. Someone holds the door open for someone..how beautiful is that one simple kind act? So yes, even those that are "ugly on the outside and the inside" can be beautiful too. It is all in your perception. If you are looking for just the ugly, you will find it. If you are looking for the beauty you will find it.

As others have pointed out, that's just silly wishful thinking that everyone in the world is nice. Someone who is 'ugly inside' won't be doing any of those nice things, and if there's nothing outside nice to look at either, what is left to be appealing about them?

Although that could help to explain the female love for 'badboys'. If nobody can be ugly both inside and out, then being a complete idiot and treating your woman badly must therefore make you extremely beautiful visually. It's like a seesaw effect, the lower one side of the scale is the higher the other will be. The more horrible you are the better you look.

TheReverend's photo
Thu 01/26/12 11:30 AM

Most all drugs don't cure anything. Psychiatrists don't effect cures either.

They mostly just prescribe mind or mood altering drugs.

Its bullchit pseudo science.

I dont think you would know science if it smacked you in the face.

I concur :D

TheReverend's photo
Thu 01/26/12 11:05 AM

I think everyone is beautiful.....
So you can be beautiful on the inside but not on the outside and still be able to take away someone's breath. You can be beautiful on the outside but make a person avoid you with a ten foot pole.

And what about the people who are both ugly on the outside, and the inside? Are they beautiful too?

TheReverend's photo
Thu 01/26/12 03:14 AM

..no, I'm really not.

I dealt with psychiatrists outside the military.

Psychologists, inside it.

Unless they lied and just gave me a different title.
And misprinted all their paperwork... >.>

If you were in the military and needed some form of counselling, which it seems from your dislike of the area and what you said above, then you would have had no need to deal with psychologists. It's highly like the psychiatrists that saw you didn't refer to themselves as such as the label has more stigma and causes people to more likely reject what is said in their sessions as they dislike being thought of as crazy, which is what people reprieve psychiatrists as dealing with.

TheReverend's photo
Wed 01/25/12 05:18 PM
*facepalm*

TheReverend's photo
Wed 01/25/12 02:00 PM

Molten steel was explained..........

It didn't need to melt, only become weak

TheReverend's photo
Wed 01/25/12 01:48 PM
lol except for jesus

TheReverend's photo
Wed 01/25/12 12:34 PM
On the twin towers... one of the funniest conspiracy arguments I heard was that the fire didn't get hot enough to melt the metal in the structure so it wouldn't have collapsed. Yes, tell that to the centuries of blacksmiths who have never been able to melt their metal, but still manage to bend and fold and shape it into the products that won wars and built houses etc etc ;)

TheReverend's photo
Wed 01/25/12 12:28 PM

However.

I hate psychologists.

They have that 'drug them up' mentality I will always hold spite for.

You confusing psychologists and psychiatrists. Psychologists are those that study the brain in relation to how we act, psychiatrists are the ones who sit you down and prescribe you treatment

TheReverend's photo
Wed 01/25/12 12:24 PM
Sadly crop circles don't involve any burning so lasers couldn't, but those eggs are awesome :D The guys who make the tiny pencil head sculptures by hand are even more impressive

TheReverend's photo
Wed 01/25/12 11:13 AM

Ah, so you believe only ugly people should think others shouldn't be insecure. Odd way of looking at things.

If you're labelling people as 'ugly' and 'looking good' then you're disagreeing with what she was trying to say, and you're judging people by their looks, which is what she was trying to say you shouldn't be doing or caring about when people do.

TheReverend's photo
Wed 01/25/12 10:38 AM

So, someone who happens to look good shouldn't think that people shouldn't be insecure? Or worry so much about how they look?

The moment you point out they look good you are invalidating their argument :)

TheReverend's photo
Wed 01/25/12 07:27 AM

I think such trophies were probably used to show off skill rather than to make themselves visually attractive.

Whilst true it was a show of skill, back then the ability to kill, and defend the tribe would have been considered attractive, so the sight of such trophies would have seemed visually attractive also. How tastes change... although people do like someone with a nice scar still.

Previous 1