Community > Posts By > howzityoume

howzityoume's photo
Tue 05/08/12 10:55 PM
Edited by howzityoume on Tue 05/08/12 11:33 PM

Your best bet is to learn the science, and learn the history of the science involved. It takes effort, so I know most wont want to, but at the end of it if you are honest with yourself and really truly interested in science it will be easy to see how staggering the evidence for evolution really is.

LOL - then post some evidence on this public forum. Only one person tried to post evidence for the evolving of increased complexity, and basically made a hash of it. Where is there ANY sign that DNA can favourably lengthen? Do different species mate and create longer DNA and new species as claimed earlier in this thread? How does the DNA expand , and is this an unobserved theoretical projection, or does the hypothesis of the evolving of complex DNA have any evidence to back it up in order to be a viable theory?

I do believe in evolution as an explanation of changes to a species to fill ecological niches and retaining the same chromosomal pattern, but inceased complexity?? No I need evidence for that.

Maybe you are referring exclusively to the fossil record to obtain your evidence. I understand more about the fossil record than biological evolution and there is nothing in the fossil record that indicates evolution either.

I was a ID, creationist proponent once upon a time. Before I broke my back and in my crippled down time read many many science books, and then upon finishing rehab went back to college for physics.

Anyone can do it, it just takes effort and an honest desire to learn.

I have learned that there is really a very few ways to gain true knowledge, but many ways to deceive yourself. That is where skepticism, and critical thinking come into play to develop the ability to easily break down science and know BS when you see it.

Religion really has nothing to do with it.

sorry to hear about your back.

Feel free to post your evidence , that is what a discussion forum is all about. I like to learn and will keep adjusting my theories according to the evidence, I believe that is the scientific approach.

howzityoume's photo
Tue 05/08/12 12:38 PM
Edited by howzityoume on Tue 05/08/12 12:48 PM

I just saw it and found it interesting. There are people out there arguing against evolution whose arguments are as sensible as the one being mocked in this graphic.

And there are plenty of people who believe in evolution, but don't know anything about it. And then there are threads like this one, which presents creation vs evolution as opposites. There are billions of stupid, uneducated people in the world. It sometimes seems that one side of the debate is convinced that all of the stupid people are on the other side.

This is true, and unfortunately its YEC's as much as evolutionists that do not see the sense of the other's position.

I believe its
Creationism = origin of life in simple and complex forms
Evolution = subsequent extreme and rapid natural selection to fulfil ecological niches within the existing gene pool of a species.

Mutations can also assist in this process, but rarely. A good example is the "Duffy gene" whereby humans evolved through mutation and subsequent natural selection to better handle malaria areas.

howzityoume's photo
Mon 05/07/12 10:57 PM

In any case the problem with DNA lengthening is described by historic cases where interspecies breeding was successful in producing viable offspring. DNA can be lengthened or shortened by this process and explains why humans have one less DNA strand than the other Great Apes.

From Wiki:

Chromosomal polymorphism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

In genetics, chromosomal polymorphism is a condition where one species contains members with varying chromosome counts or shapes. Polymorphism is a general concept in biology where more than one version of a trait is present in a population.

To be more specific, you refer to DNA lengthening through interspecies breeding, and then for some reason you quote a Wiki article that refers to chromosomal polymorphism that involves mutation within a species that has nothing to do with increases in genome size or interspecies breeding. The morphism that occurs involves inverting parts of the DNA or splitting of chromosones, and this can result in lessened ability to breed after the mutation. So you really do appear to have misunderstood the idea of chromosomal polymorphism and attaempted to apply this concept to inter-species breeding.

howzityoume's photo
Mon 05/07/12 04:55 PM

With all due respect, you do not understand the comments or the references. The telomeres are positive proof of the condition that you have predetermined cannot be proven, therefore your position states that your position is confirmed when in actuality, you simply don't understand the proof.

You said that telomeres could have a creator purpose which is just silly. Your understanding of polymorphism in the context of chromosomal polymorphism is completely opposite of reality.

I respect your beliefs even if you want to force false information into your version of "proof". Your lack of understanding of these processes does not translate into my lack of understanding of these processes. You are using intellectual dishonesty to try to make a point and all you are really doing is showing that you do not understand the topic sufficiently to debate on a scientific level.

If you go back and carefully reread your statements in this thread, you change your facts to match your theory. You change your understanding of facts presented to you to match your theory. When all else fails, you state that I am not making a point that you don't understand because it doesn't fit your theory.

If you are just learning about telomeres, you are a newbie to the topic by any standard. As my father used to say, "No one ever learned anything with their mouth open." Try rereading my posts again with an open mind. You might learn something. I don't have any axes to grind on this topic. You obviously do.

I used the Wiki post because it is simple and well written and, to my knowledge, nothing in it is scientifically disputed. I suggest you go back and reread the reason great apes have one more chromosome than we do. It's not that complicated. Neither is the reason our DNA has snippets of Neanderthal.

I did carefully read all your posts and wiki quotes and frankly you do not understand your own quotes.

Telomeres generally have a function as you mentioned. Where telomeres appear in a unique position where they do not function, this appears to be a mutation and not beneficial. I fail to see how either the functional telomeres or the non-functional telomeres in the human genome would provide any advantage to the evolution position. A system that works well is not proof of evolution, neither is a mutation that does not function any proof of evolution. Only a DNA lengthening mutation which is beneficial would help your cause.

howzityoume's photo
Mon 05/07/12 02:17 PM

In any case the problem with DNA lengthening is described by historic cases where interspecies breeding was successful in producing viable offspring. DNA can be lengthened or shortened by this process and explains why humans have one less DNA strand than the other Great Apes.

From Wiki:

Chromosomal polymorphism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

In genetics, chromosomal polymorphism is a condition where one species contains members with varying chromosome counts or shapes. Polymorphism is a general concept in biology where more than one version of a trait is present in a population.

In some cases of differing counts, the difference in chromosome counts is the result of a single chromosome undergoing fission, where it splits into two smaller chromosomes, or two undergoing fusion, where two chromosomes join to form one.

This condition has been detected in many species. Trichomycterus davisi, for example, is an extreme case where the polymorphism was present within a single chimeric individual.[1]

It has also been studied in alfalfa,[2] shrews,[3] Brazilian rodents,[4] and an enormous variety of other animals and plants.[5] In one instance it has been found in a human.[6]

Another process resulting in differing chromosomal counts is polyploidy. This results in cells which contain multiple copies of complete chromosome sets.

Possessing chromosomes of varying shapes is generally the result of a chromosomal translocation or chromosomal inversion.

In a translocation, genetic material is transferred from one chromosome to another, either symmetrically or asymmetrically (a Robertsonian translocation).

In an inversion, a segment of a chromosome is flipped end-for-end.
Implications for speciation

All forms of chromosomal polymorphism can be viewed as a step towards speciation. Polymorphisms will generally result in a level of reduced fertility, because some gametes from one parent cannot successfully combine with all gametes of the other parent. However, when both parents contain matching chromosomal patterns, this obstacle does not occur. Further mutations in one group will not flow as rapidly into the other group as they do within the group in which it originally occurred.

Further mutations can also cause absolute infertility. If an interbreeding population contains one group in which (for example) chromosomes A and B have fused, and another population in which chromosomes B and C have fused, both populations will be able to interbreed with the parent population. However, the two subpopulations will not be able to breed successfully with each other if the doubling of chromosome B is fatal. Similar difficulties will occur for incompatible translocations of material.
References

^ Borin, Luciana Andreia; Isabel Cristina Martins-Santos (September 2000). "Intra-individual numerical chromosomal polymorphism in Trichomycterus davisi (Siluriformes, Trichomycteridae) from the Iguaçu River basin in Brazil". Genet. Mol. Biol. 23 (3). doi:10.1590/S1415-47572000000300018. Retrieved 2006-12-08.
^ Bauchan,, Gary R.; T. Austin Campbell, and M. Azhar Hossain (1 July 2002). "Chromosomal Polymorphism as Detected by C-Banding Patterns in Chilean Alfalfa Germplasm". Crop Sci. 42 (4): 1291–7. doi:10.2135/cropsci2002.1291.
^ Elrod DA, Beck ML, Kennedy ML (October 1996). "Chromosomal variation in the southern short-tailed shrew (Blarina carolinensis)". Genetica 98 (2): 199–203. doi:10.1007/BF00121367. PMID 8999000.
^ Thales Renato O. de Freitas (1997). "Chromosome polymorphism in Ctenomys minutus (Rodentia-Octodontidae)". Braz. J. Genet. 20 (1). doi:10.1590/S0100-84551997000100001.
^ http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=chromosomal+polymorphism&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Search
^ Understanding Genetics:The 44 Chromosome Man And What He Reveals About Our Genetic Past

Going back to this post, you seem to be referring often to this post as some sort of proof of succesful interbreeding between species. This post of yours is actually saying the very opposite. It is saying that DNA can "morph", it can transform through mutation (NOT interbreeding). When this occurs it can cause problems with breeding between the "morphed" population and the non-morphed population. This whole post of yours highlights difficulties of interbreeding WITHIN a species due to mutation, and is not making your point in any form or manner.

howzityoume's photo
Mon 05/07/12 02:08 PM
Well, I certainly think I see the point you are trying to make but I think you are distorting the facts to fit your theory. I take it that your position is that the human genome was "created" intact in it's present form. That theory does not hold up to scientific observation.

Yes this is what I believe, all life-forms were created intact in their present forms. The only changes over time are related to mutations which are nearly always damaging or neutral, and rarely beneficial. And changes to the allele frequencies can affect species, whereby the combinations of genes within a species' gene pool will evolve depending on natural selection, to give the best combination for a certain situation.

You have mixed concepts of mutation and species creation with a limited view of how genomes are formed with great emphasis on the inability for DNA to lengthen by mutation. That is simply not how evolution works although it is PART of how evolution works.

Evolution requires lengthening DNA processes because evolution claims that we are all evolved from primitive single cell organisms. Thus to believe in evolution as an explanation for the appearance of more complex DNA organisms greater than one cell, REQUIRES beneficial increases to the genome size.

I also believe in evolution, but not as an explanation for the appearance of modern life forms, so my view does not require beneficial increases to the genome size, your view does. The evidence is lacking, nothing you have said so far comes close to showing these beneficial increases.

Cross breeding between similar species has gone on pretty much from the beginning. The process is described above in the Wiki text. The process can lengthen, shorten, or add DNA strands to the genome and if the offspring are viable, they can be carried on to future generations.

I read your posts, and the emphasis seemed to be the inability to succesfully crossbreed when mutations and different breeds are involved. You have not yet posted one instance of succesfully crossbreeding that resulted in MORE FITNESS of the new sub-species. The chromosone pattern has to be nearly identical to interbreed succesfully, that is why interbreeding occurs with highly similar species and not very well.

The human genome has exactly that pattern and a telomere in the middle of a a chromosome is positive proof of it. For you to think the creator made human DNA with a telomere stuck in the middle as part of a "purpose" is kinda silly IMHO. It pretty much only has one way of getting there and that is sex with another species. Referring to telomere "mutation" is incorrect terminology both literally and functionally.

Before today I have never heard of telomere, I'm still learning and enjoying the process. Thanks for explaining to me, it seems obvious that the useful telomeres were created, and the non-functional telomere is a subsequent mutation. Nothing about telomeres seems to contradict the creationists position or prove beneficial increases to the genome size (as evolutionists require to explain the evolving of DNA complexity.)

There are snippets of Neanderthal genome in human DNA depending upon what part of the World you are from.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703686304575228380902037988.html

Further back in time, there were lots of species of hominid..

I completely agree about the variety of hominids. There have been many extinctions of many species and sub-species over the millenia. Generally the fossil record shows reducing numbers of species, and not increasing numbers of species, as your example of hominids indicates.

howzityoume's photo
Mon 05/07/12 09:03 AM
Edited by howzityoume on Mon 05/07/12 09:10 AM

LOL Telomeres have a really specific function! They keep the ends of the DNA chain from unraveling like a knot. They lose one "link" when the cell divides giving an effective lifespan to the organism. If you find a telomere in the middle of a chromosome, you have found positive proof that the strand once was two strands that joined. In the case of the Great Apes, two strands joined to make one; albeit a long one.

You ask for proof and get it. Now you want to force the evidence to fit an alternate theory?

Why can't you just accept that evolution is no different from math and physics and believe that it is God's way of making things happen?

Telomeres having a "created" function? They slowly disappear until the creature dies. They keep the DNA from unraveling. That's a pretty specific purpose unless they are found in the middle of the DNA strand at which case they do nothing but take up space.

There is a LOT of work going on artificially lengthen telomeres for the purpose of increasing lifespan. A major obstacle is that allowing cells to forever divide is a recipe for cancer. As the reactions slowly (actually extremely rapidly in human history terms) become known, the proper combination of enzymes and drugs will probably appear to lengthen human life ... perhaps indefinitely and perhaps soon.

I think you would find the following related topic interesting.

The new field is called synthetic biology.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/5880436-man-creates-worlds-first-synthetic-life

I'm not getting your point here. I don't think you are getting into the creationists mindset here. Unless beneficial aspects of the dna are proven to be more recent than the establishment of a species, we assume they were created with those benefits, just like you would assume any benefits have evolved. Thus I don't see any contradiction between the information in your post and the creationist position. I am looking for proof of beneficial mutations that increase the complexity of the genome. To distinguish between creation and mutation you have to show that the mutation occurred later.

howzityoume's photo
Mon 05/07/12 07:10 AM

Your statement confuses me. There are no major differences between human and ape DNA and the major identical genomes are listed in my post. The 2 and 4 strands are connected by telomeres which is direct evidence that a lengthening occurred leaving the telomeres behind as useless fluff. What could possibly be better evidence than that? The discussion provided cites examples of how it works and claims to have numerous examples, several of which are quoted.

There are many many slight differences, nearly every chromosone of a human has differences to an ape's. Most species have mutations, these are rarely beneficial. You seem to be pointing to a lengthening mutation in human DNA as the most significant variation between the two species, when there are many other DNA differences in many other chromosones that show no signs of mutation.

Have you got any proof that the mutation involving "useless fluff" is the reason behind mankind's evolving, or do you think the differences between the species could be found in the many other slight DNA differences between man and ape?

Are you making the claim that the human DNA strand which is extra long and connected in the middle with a telomere with the two ends that match great ape DNA strands was part of intelligent design and not part of interspecies breeding some one million plus years ago? If so, that's not very logical

My belief is that intelligent design created the uniqueness that is human. The human telomere mutations are not intelligent design, its flaws that have occurred since. If they are not beneficial, both science and creation could admit that its newer flaws that occurred, and have been passed on genetically. The reason the DNA is so similar is because God created the creatures so similar, using the same effective pattern every time. The more similar the creation, the more similar the DNA. Empirically there is nothing in evidence that would favour evolution over creation. Nothing you see in DNA analysis contradicts creation.

I've looked into this more, and the telomers could very well have a created function. So I'm not sure now whether they are created or mutated.

howzityoume's photo
Mon 05/07/12 03:45 AM
Edited by howzityoume on Mon 05/07/12 03:53 AM

Your statement confuses me. There are no major differences between human and ape DNA and the major identical genomes are listed in my post. The 2 and 4 strands are connected by telomeres which is direct evidence that a lengthening occurred leaving the telomeres behind as useless fluff. What could possibly be better evidence than that? The discussion provided cites examples of how it works and claims to have numerous examples, several of which are quoted.

There are many many slight differences, nearly every chromosone of a human has differences to an ape's. Most species have mutations, these are rarely beneficial. You seem to be pointing to a lengthening mutation in human DNA as the most significant variation between the two species, when there are many other DNA differences in many other chromosones that show no signs of mutation.

Have you got any proof that the mutation involving "useless fluff" is the reason behind mankind's evolving, or do you think the differences between the species could be found in the many other slight DNA differences between man and ape?

Are you making the claim that the human DNA strand which is extra long and connected in the middle with a telomere with the two ends that match great ape DNA strands was part of intelligent design and not part of interspecies breeding some one million plus years ago? If so, that's not very logical

My belief is that intelligent design created the uniqueness that is human. The human telomere mutations are not intelligent design, its flaws that have occurred since. If they are not beneficial, both science and creation could admit that its newer flaws that occurred, and have been passed on genetically. The reason the DNA is so similar is because God created the creatures so similar, using the same effective pattern every time. The more similar the creation, the more similar the DNA. Empirically there is nothing in evidence that would favour evolution over creation. Nothing you see in DNA analysis contradicts creation.

howzityoume's photo
Mon 05/07/12 01:12 AM
Edited by howzityoume on Mon 05/07/12 01:15 AM

Perhaps I misread your posts. I had the impression you were acknowledging the rarely beneficial effect of mutation and stating that it cannot cause DNA lengthening.

No, I was acknowledging both processes, yet saying they are not yet found together. An earlier post of mine mentioned insertions and duplications as acknowledgment that the genome size does increase through mutation.

Over the long run I think the effects of mutation are very beneficial in allowing creatures to fill niches as discovered by Darwin and the Finches

Thats just natural variation and selection that causes the new sub-species. ie the chromosomal pattern in both sub-species remains the same. Many creationists would disagree with me, but I believe whole new species that look completely different can be created merely through variation and natural selection. The variation coming from the parents gene pool, yet having different combinations of the parent's genes. The reason I believe this is that the number of possible combinations between 32 000 genes of the male and 32 000 genes of the female are so staggering to our finite minds that it may as well be infinite. With so many varieties available, many species are already available within the gene pool of a species.

howzityoume's photo
Mon 05/07/12 12:47 AM
Edited by howzityoume on Mon 05/07/12 12:52 AM

Seems like 2 and 4 of the human set is your smoking gun! It is what separates us from the apes. That would seem like a big improvement.

I enjoyed the comeback , which makes sense based on my wording of what would be required. However I feel that there would have to be a greater match to start with because us creationists assume that all creatures were created in a similar manner, with matching sections of the genome. Any evidence would have to involve identical chromosonal patterns through most of the genome, rather than the major differences observed between the human and ape genomes.

howzityoume's photo
Mon 05/07/12 12:17 AM
Edited by howzityoume on Mon 05/07/12 12:36 AM

Depending on your standard of evidence, you can say that we've observed millions of beneficial mutations (in the same way that one can observe hundreds of picasso paintings...having never seen picasso paint), or that we have observed a handful, or that we may never observe a mutation.

No you can assume you have observed millions of mutations if you assume evolution is correct.

With current technology it would be easy to observe an increase in the size of the genome within a species. This would show as an identical chromosomal pattern except for the one organism or sub-species showing a longer chromosone, or duplicated chromosone. If this longer genome is proven to be beneficial, and could occur in nature, then you would have a point.

Fair enough, and I've enjoyed the quality of your subsequent posts

Thanks, and I appreciate your commitment to logic. I am new to all of this biological science but my strength is basic logic, which is normally lacking on forums.

See, I'm not sure that they did "show an increase from a single cell to arthropod". It's quite possible that complex precursors to arthropods had been quietly evolving for a long time, and simply not leaving much evidence behind of their existence. It's not surprising to me that there would be a rapid uptake of hard shells among whatever illusive, soft bodied species existed.

I wasn't inferring that it was immediate, my point was that over a short period of time, during the Cambrian explosion, it would have been essential to have many transitions and many Beneficial Increases to the Genome size (BIG), to create an arthropod from a single cell organism, no matter which route the "evolving" took. How likely is this? Its only very likely if looked through the eyes of an evolutionist, a more empirical approach would acknowledge that the lack of proof for Beneficial Increases to the Genome (BIG) makes that jump unlikely through evolving. To be confident in a hypothesis that assumes compacting many BIGs into a small time frame when we don't even know if BIGs ever work does not sound logical to me.

I can see why one might see this as the essence of the creation/evolution debate, but I disagree that it is. It seems to me that the creation/evolution debate is multifaceted. No single facet strikes me as the 'essence' of it. For too many people, the real essence of the debate (for them) is whether or not to accept the bible as an absolute authority.

True , it is multi-faceted. I have been concentrating on evolution as a biological possibility,and unlike other creationists I do agree with micro-evolution and even macro-evolution within the gene pool of a species, therefore my particular focus is this increasing complexity claimed by evolutionists. To me this is the essence of evolution as a biological possiblitity. However you are correct, even if evolution is proved to be a viable theory, when applying it to history and the fossil record there are other points of contention that I have along with other creationists.

howzityoume's photo
Sun 05/06/12 11:29 PM

All forms of chromosomal polymorphism can be viewed as a step towards speciation. Polymorphisms will generally result in a level of reduced fertility, because some gametes from one parent cannot successfully combine with all gametes of the other parent. However, when both parents contain matching chromosomal patterns, this obstacle does not occur. Further mutations in one group will not flow as rapidly into the other group as they do within the group in which it originally occurred.

I already did acknowledge that DNA size mutations do occur in nature. I also acknowledged that beneficial mutations do occasionally occur. Generally mutations are neutral or damaging, have you got any examples where polymorphism or any other type of mutation caused BOTH an increase in DNA size and beneficial improvements in the organism without damaging other aspects of the organism?

howzityoume's photo
Sun 05/06/12 02:10 PM
I can't adit my one posts that contains spelling and wording errors, I meant natural selection of the mutated organism, not "selective breeding" in case anyone picks on my incorrect wording.

howzityoume's photo
Sun 05/06/12 01:09 PM

ATHEISTS also believe in miraculous processes.

1) The spontaeous creation of matter from nothing.
2) The spontaneous creation of DNA, the smallest observed is over 500000 base pairs long, how did it get there?
3) Favourable increases in the DNA length from less than 1 million base pairs to organisms of over 150 billion base pairs.

I would have gone with some atheists. There is no single worldview defined by atheism - atheism is simply the lack of belief in a god. There are atheists who believe in witchcraft, for example.

Point taken, I was assuming atheism involved discarding all forms of supernatural intervention and relying 100 percent on natural processes to explain the universe and nature. But if u are scanning through all my posts to other people looking for semantic errors this seems a distraction from a true exchange of ideas and you will always find imperfections in my wording. I don't like semantics, preferring to try to understand the heart of what the person is trying to communicate.

howzityoume's photo
Sun 05/06/12 01:02 PM

what I do have a problem with is when evolutionists appear arrogant yet without facts to back themselves up.

You might become arrogant, too, of most of the people you argued against were young earth creationists.

Haha funny!

howzityoume's photo
Sun 05/06/12 12:50 PM
Edited by howzityoume on Sun 05/06/12 01:43 PM

Is that truly the only problem you have? If someone showed you a plausible mechanism for this to occur, would you accept evolution as plausible?

If, in our lifetime, we actually obtain very clear and definitive evidence for this, would you then accept evolution as the most likely theory for how this planet went from 'no hominids at all' to 'having tons of humans' ? (Intentionally leaving out the question of the origin of life).

Good question. Let's assume scientists insert or duplicate a large section of DNA and produce an organism that is more functional in certain environments.
They then prove that the manner of the dna mutation can occur in nature. To me this just moves evolution over from hypothesis to theory, nothing more. So to clarify my position, my only problem with evolution being called a "theory" is the current lack of evidence. Once evolution one day progresses to becoming a theory, it still has to compete with other opposing thoeries on an empirical basis over time to see which is more accurate. And this involves looking at the fossil record with open eyes and without evolutionary assumptions.

So to answer your question,if they can prove the existence of beneficial increases to the genome, this would not make evolution the most likely theory, it would merely make evolution a theory.
To put my tgoughts into practical terms, a beneficial mutation, if possible, would show that's its possible for new species to form through mutation, but it does not prove that is how species came about. Ie maybe one species among millions was created through mutational selective breeding.

howzityoume's photo
Sun 05/06/12 08:49 AM
Yeah, I can see your point there...
But there are explanations for these things, like that viruses can alter dna...

This is true. DNA can be altered. Also through mutations, insertions of DNA, duplications of entire sections of DNA. DNA can increase in size, however there has never been one natural significant beneficial increase to the DNA size ever recorded.

If they ever do find one, this will immediately upgrade evolution as an explanation for modern life-forms, from an hypothesis to a theory.

ie it will become a possibility with some minor evidence, instead of its current status as a possibility with no evidence.

howzityoume's photo
Sun 05/06/12 05:38 AM

Well, it's not EXACTLY a theory, there is evolution happening all around us.
Just look at nature for examples:
They are seeing new behaviours in animals that they have never exhibited before (Monkeys learning to swim so they can eat seeds that have fallen to the bottom of a body of water, and using hot springs for warmth)
There's also physical changes still happening - just use google if you want proof. here, I even did it for you https://www.google.com/search?q=evolution+happening+around+us

I do completely agree with you on this. The only problem I have with current evolutionary theory is they try to use it to explain increased complexity in the DNA.
That is merely an interesting idea, a hypothesis, not even a theory.

howzityoume's photo
Sun 05/06/12 03:03 AM

It contradicts certain religious beliefs, but it also goes hand in hand with what Buddhists teach...
Hell, even the different universes/dimensions/etc theories go with Buddhist beliefs.
But who knows...

I guess that's what the current theory of evolution is, an unproven belief held by many based on faith alone. It could easily be equated with a religion in the manner in which it was so easily embraced and even on TV its referred to as fact.