Community > Posts By > Ifixedit

Ifixedit's photo
Thu 12/29/11 06:08 PM
Edited by Ifixedit on Thu 12/29/11 06:23 PM
I love this movie! Do you believe in soulmate? Do you believe in fate? In destiny?

“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'”

Ifixedit's photo
Wed 12/28/11 03:26 AM
Edited by Ifixedit on Wed 12/28/11 03:31 AM
I don't like Asian woman because I like a fun girl who will go on adventures with me (most Asians I know are way too reserved and serious). Physically speaking, I like a girl who looks different from me...I admit, it may just be an unrealistic fantasy but hey at least I'm not boring :)

As far as moving on...I want to but I am also wondering if I should not pass people by simply bc they don't look white. Believe me, I am trying to learn alot about myself!

Ifixedit's photo
Wed 12/28/11 03:22 AM
Very helpful advice! Thanks a million! I went out to dinner with friends last night and guess what? I got the waitress to give me her email address. She's too young for me but at least I'm making good progress...yay! :)

Ifixedit's photo
Tue 12/27/11 12:35 PM
I'm not talking about sex...haha...well maybe that too j/k! I am talking about letting a girl knows that you are interested in her without sounding corny or creepy!? Do women initiate it too? How do I pick up the signs? Personally I had not really been dating until now (there is a reason) so any advice I can get is greatly appreciated!

Ifixedit's photo
Tue 12/27/11 12:29 PM
You guys should take you cats/dogs discussion elsewhere...maybe a hotel? Haha j/k!

Ifixedit's photo
Tue 12/27/11 06:48 AM
So I am hearing a split in your opinion. Half the people think that I should not "judge the book by its cover" and half think that I should just let it go! I'm back to square one haha!

Ifixedit's photo
Mon 12/26/11 07:07 AM
I need to clarify that I was a perfect gentleman to her. The advice about us living once in life and how I should had made a move came from a woman friend of mine!

Ifixedit's photo
Mon 12/26/11 06:50 AM
Ok, here's the scenario...

I met a nurse at the hospital where i work at and I arranged to go on a "date" with her but to make a long story short, I didn't feel any chemistry between us. We went to see the Rockettes in NY. Our bus departed at 7:45 am. I drove in with her and suddenly saw another girl at the bus stop. She was beautiful! I asked the girl if this is the right place for Radio City and she told me that it is but she had to get her ticket for the 8 am departure. We really connected and there was definitely chemistry between us. She looked at my "date" and it appeared that she had questions in her eyes. To answer her questions: No we were JUST friends. I was so dumbfounded by the experience that I did not remember to offer to buy her a ticket or copy down her license plate so I can write her a note to put on her windshield upon returning. I regretted that so much. I came back and sat in my car waiting for her but no luck at all.

Ok so at least I did not hit on her in the presence of my "date" but what should I had done that could be considered appropriate? We only live once so should I had made a move on this girl?

Ifixedit's photo
Mon 12/26/11 06:22 AM
Thanks for your thoughts. I often wonder if you can actually grow to like people whom you did not initially feel the attraction. I have a friend who did not like this guy who acts like a pimp. He was working hard at capturing her heart. She assured me that nothing will ever happen between them...guess what? The last time I checked her FB, pics of them making out were plastering all over her wall. So I am wondering if we can actually fall in love with someone if we give the person a chance to grow on us...But then again, am I living on fantasy land by saying this?

Ifixedit's photo
Mon 12/26/11 05:40 AM
I am not attracted to Asian women. My preference is Caucasian. However there is an Asian woman who has been pursuing me for sometime now. Do you think that I will one day fall in love with her or should I just tell her that it's not pursuing?

Ifixedit's photo
Sat 12/24/11 02:17 PM
Merry Christmas Everyone-

I was a catholic priest for 9 years. When I was ordained, the child abuse scandal errupted in the Church. I was traumatized by it. Furthermore, I have always struggled with the idea of not being able to ever have a family. My culture and family was the main sources of pressure for me to become a priest. After 9 years of struggles, I recently decided to leave the active ministry.

Currently, I am a chaplain for a local hospital and would like to do prison ministry someday. I am so new at this whole dating scene and I am naive when it comes to relationships. I always thought that people truly care about each other so obviously I was shocked to learn that it is not always the case. Any way, if you have any advice for me about dating and relationships, please send them my way. Thanks so much!

Ifixedit's photo
Sat 12/24/11 01:57 PM
Edited by Ifixedit on Sat 12/24/11 02:01 PM

I do know Nepalese in my area. They came over because of people I've met in this area who also served an internship (or something similar) in Nepal and Tibet. So the explanation sounds to me as if it could be genuine.

There is a lot of info we don't know though. For all we know, the "friend" the info is for could actually be someone she was romantically involved with. That is partly why I advised caution.

Thanks sooooo much! You are truly a man of wisdom and I appreciate your help. I was a catholic priest for the past 9 years and recently left the ministry because I want to have a family. Your guidance is most appreciative since dating is so foreign to me.

I do not have her phone number. We met on eharmony so everything is still in the email mode. She did indicate that talking on the phone is a possibility but neither she or I gave our phone number to each other. I do feel, however, that there is not much here to indicate a genuine relationship so I will just let go of it and let her surprise me on her own time (if she wishes)

Thanks again for taking the time to write and to help me in my humble beginning!

Ifixedit's photo
Fri 12/23/11 07:42 PM
Thanks for your wisdom. She is a RN and this past summer we went to Nepal to do her intership. She is studying for her Masters. She wanted to know how her friend from Nepal can come to this country and all the immigration issues behind it. I have a feeling that all she wanted from me was information and there is no desire for any type of relationship. I could be wrong though? I guess after a week I need to close her or something?

Ifixedit's photo
Fri 12/23/11 07:23 PM
Recently, I came across this talk on how to stay in control of different situations...hope you also find it helpful! :)

When you feel down, frustrated, or down right angry - When your plan did not work out; when life is full of inconveniences; when people you encounter every day is extremely hostile and hard to get along with. How do you deal with these circumstances? How do you bless all these people and situations and avoid being consumed with anger? Indeed, we cannot control our circumstances in life but we can control our reaction. Someone once said that life is 10% of what happened to us and 90% of how we respond.

Indeed, many of our days in life will not go as planned. Life is filled with disappointments. But when we allow ourselves to be upset and to give in to the temptations to snap and be filled with anger then we are giving our power away. We were created to live in peace, to be filled with joy and calmness – That is our position of power…That is when we are at our best. Too many people think that they cannot be happy until they control their circumstances, until everything goes their way – That is not at all realistic. Living life to the fullest means that we are able to say: “I don’t have to have my way in order to have a good day. My plan doesn’t have to work out for me to be happy. Everyone doesn’t have to treat me right for me to enjoy my life.” Remember that no person can take your joy; no circumstance can rob your peace; no interruption can destroy your enthusiasm. If we allow people, circumstances, and interruptions to control our joy then there will always be reasons for us to be discouraged. To be happy is the choice we have to make for ourselves. We have to be determined to enjoy our life. When we allow what someone says or does to upset us then we allow them to control us. People who upset and anger us knows which button to push then they sit back and watch us lose it. They are in total control of our lives.

That is a reality! Some people out there feel that it is their calling to point out what we are doing wrong. They are constantly finding fault with us. We need to rise above them! We don’t have to respond to our own critic or prove to people who we are. All we need is to stay on the high road and let God fight the battle for us. Even though it is hard to practice, try your best to not pay much attention to people who are nasty and negative; people who pull you down; people who have poison inside their heart and all they want is to contaminate you with their poison. Rise above their level – Be a part of the solution not the problem. Overcome evil with good.

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said: “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the Kingdom of God.” People in our generation today usually associated meekness with weakness – being shy, reserved, and fearful. Being meek is definitely NOT being weak. Meekness means keeping our strength under control. When we are meek, we don’t go around straightening everyone out or respond to every critic. It is not worth our time and energy. We are an eagle and we don’t spend our time fighting with the crows. An eagle rises to an altitude where the crows cannot fly.

There is principal called the “Law of the garbage truck.” Many people are like big garbage trucks. They go around all day full of frustrations; full of disappointments and anger. As their garbage trucks pile up they need somewhere to dump it and as life would have it, they dump it on us. Successful people…Followers of Christ don’t allow garbage trucks to overtake their day. If someone dump a load on you, don’t be consumed by anger otherwise you’ll end up carrying their load around and eventually you’ll dump it on somebody else. Keep your lid on. We cannot stop people from dumping their garbage, their poison, their criticisms, their gossips, their anger but we can and have the right to stop them from contaminating and affecting us. Keep these words close to your heart: He who angers you controls you!

Ifixedit's photo
Fri 12/23/11 07:17 PM
I don't know. I want to get to know her but she does not seem too excited. It's strange because she was the one who initiate the conversation with me.

Ifixedit's photo
Fri 12/23/11 07:14 PM
I would like to meet a slender/athletic white woman for dating and possible relationship down the road. Anyone interested, please contact me! :)

Ifixedit's photo
Fri 12/23/11 07:11 PM
Edited by Ifixedit on Fri 12/23/11 07:18 PM
A member contacted me and wanted to get to know me. We talked back and forth. All of a sudden she asked me for immigration advice. I gave her all the things I know but became sadden since she does not seem too interested about getting to know me. I emailed her and asked if I can drive to her place (6 hours away) and take her out to dinner. She replied that she rather talk on the phone for now. I have no prob talking on the phone but I would like to at least meet her in person the first time so we don't feel awkward on the phone. It has been four days now and no response from her. Should I email her any more or should I just let go? I DON'T want to chase after a shadow!!!