Community > Posts By > Bravalady

Bravalady's photo
Wed 11/07/12 09:10 AM
I am SO PROUD of my home state! This success was in the face of a rather intense "anti" campaign.

Bravalady's photo
Tue 11/06/12 02:38 PM
Edited by Bravalady on Tue 11/06/12 02:39 PM
Do you have any idea how much hard work, long hours, and low pay farming is? There's a reason (those are three) why most people would rather do almost anything else. I see from your profile that you live in Wisconsin, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you do know what the farming life is like. But I'm not clear why you want to get into it. Your profile also says your dream is to own a restaurant. One doesn't follow from the other. It might make more sense for you to just volunteer with local dairymen. They'll be looking above all for work ethic, followed closely by dependability.

Most of the farmers I know do it because (a) it's been in their family for generations and (b) they have a deep belief in the value of locally grown/raised food. They know how hard the work is and you'll need to prove yourself to them.

Good luck!

Bravalady's photo
Tue 11/06/12 02:26 PM

Had to stay home with my youngest, she's sick with the flu,
but got a call this morning, that I won the bid on a 3 bedroom condo.
So a good possibility if the process goes smoothly.

Yipee happy for you. Saw a thing in the the paper about www.makinghomeaffordable.gov

The artical was more about two companies that defraud desperate homebuyers that are over their head and seeking morgage relief stressing how IMPORTANT it is to be sure you are dealing with a LICENSED Real Estate Broker by calling Department of Real Estate @916-227-0864 or going to www.dre.ca.gov but it is also ESSENTIAL to spend the bucks to hire a real estate attorney to review your contract and REPRESENT YOU in the contractual interest so you make sure you are not inadvertently screwing yourself in a bad morgage.

One thing you have to remember the morgage company is in it for the morgage company and the Real EstateAgent is in it for the SELLER and to get your commission and your LAWYER is in it for YOU! Yes they collect a fee but they don't make any more or less so they are not influenced to say yes when they should be saying NO WAY!

There are a lot of people who get buried in thinking they just have to buy a house and it turns into a NIGHTMARE. All these TV shows and hype about making a bundle on realestate get a lot of people in trouble right up to their eyeballs.

There are people called buyer's agents. They work for you directly as a buyer. I used one when I bought my current house, and he was a godsend. They get paid out of the seller's commission, so you the buyer don't even owe them anything. They are regulated (at least in Utah, and if things are regulated in Utah they must be regulated everywhere) to avoid conflict of interest situations.

Bravalady's photo
Mon 11/05/12 07:06 PM
The OP is totally true. Story of my life for about 20 years, actually, until I permanently ran out of luck. Bounce from one man to another, couldn't be without anyone because it was just too painful. You don't make good choices AT ALL that way, and what's more, if you do it more than a couple of times you kind of get hooked on it and don't even know any better. The only reason I stopped was when my heart got broken so bad that I couldn't even think about the male half of the species for about 5 years.

Shareahug, I know exactly what you mean. I was just telling someone that the desire for love and affection never goes away, no matter how long you've been without it. You just have to start focusing on other things that are pleasant in your life. But you are actually in the perfect place in your life to find somebody--just try to be creative about where those guys might be.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 11/04/12 01:30 AM
Edited by Bravalady on Sun 11/04/12 01:31 AM

Would science be a lot happier if they could say there was no such thing as consciousness?

Can you be sure if something is conscious our not?

What is consciousness? How can you measure it?

~~~~~~
An excellent question! This really strikes to the heart of what science is. Science, by its nature, assumes observation is reliable. However, it has long been known that this isn't the case. Hence, science commits the logical fallacy of asserting the consequent. (inductive reasoning) It's a quandry philosophers of science have struggled with forever.

Science, by its nature, does not assume anything, least of all that observation is reliable. Science insists on multiple repetitions of the same observation under the same circumstances, time and time again, before it makes a conclusion. And that conclusion is always subject to further observations that may be contradictory.

A logical fallacy is a term used in rhetoric. Science is not about rhetoric. It's about testing our perceptions of reality in a structured manner.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 11/04/12 01:18 AM
Edited by Bravalady on Sun 11/04/12 01:24 AM
Got a crockpot? Make some homemade soup. My favorite is beef barley. An easy way to make any homemade soup is to start with canned soup and just add more stuff to it, whatever you like. That cuts down on the sodium content, too. Then store the soup in individual servings in things like jelly jars or yogurt containers. They freeze very well. Microwave them when ready to eat. A nice hunk of french bread or a biscuit, and you've got a good meal.

I see you're more thinking about eating in your car? Hm. Peanut butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread? Put peanut butter on both slices of bread so the banana doesn't slide around.

I used to make CAT sandwiches: cheese, avocado, and tomato. Preslice the cheese and they're very quick to make.

One of my favorite car meals is sharp cheddar cheese and apples cut up and put in a plastic container. Add some walnuts for even more protein.

You've gotten some good ideas, those are my two cents. Can't let you starve yourself!

Bravalady's photo
Sun 11/04/12 01:07 AM
Edited by Bravalady on Sun 11/04/12 01:08 AM
I did a little research, and the AAPS is a very small group of extremely conservative doctors. It apparently was originally organized as against Medicare. They have a number of philosophies (such as opposing mandatory vaccinations) that are counter to prevailing medical opinion. Their opinions could not be assumed to be representative of the general medical community, and calling them "health experts" is kind of a stretch. From what I see, they put public health second to their political beliefs.

Bravalady's photo
Sun 11/04/12 12:41 AM

Help me understand that mentality? If you are a "big" woman and are excluding men that are overweight how can you even say that without being in shape yourself?? I prefer thick woman myself but don't close my mind to all sizes.. what do you think?

Almost everything in life is about preference.

I am a big woman and I won't go out with a man who IMO is too big in the same way, I won't go out with a guy who is (again IMO) too slim.

Goldilocks wanted it just right and so do I laugh

Some men will chose not to go out with me because of the colour of my skin, my weight, the fact that I have children, live in the UK...the list is endless. Don't get caught up on the small stuff.

It's really disheartening for a man to hear a woman say, "I don't get caught up onthe small stuff" when you are standing stark naked right in front of her.

But that's just me.

Been meaning to tell you for some time but this has me finally saying it...wux, you are one of the funniest guys on here, always love your posts. Thanks for the smiles and giggles.

As for mis matched types, ever heard of BMW? Big Maine Woman. Lots of them and as far as I have noticed many, many BMW's are happily paired with tall slender guys who seem content as puppies. On the other hand, my bony self hasn't been noticed that I have noticed in the 3 years I have lived here. Makes me wonder if preferences are also somewhat geographic?

You`re right. I seen some 'Murder She Wrote' episodes, and what you say is well documented in that series.

It is clear to the viewer of that series that Maine women also dislike wealth, pretentiousness, good spelling, and they like the old aging ex-B movie actor look in men.

Hey! I'm a Maine woman and I detest poor spelling.

Everything else, though, is pretty much on the money. I used to think it was a fault in me that I was uncomfortable with the idea of rich men. I finally realized there was no law saying I had to want to be rich. Maybe it's the Indian in me.

Seamac, the idea is that Maine women need to be sturdy in order to (a) survive the winters (b) chop and bring in the wood and (c) drive the semi when their man is having back problems.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/02/12 10:41 PM
Sheldon quote from tonight (explaining why he left a party he himself got together): "They were having fun the wrong way."
laugh

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/02/12 10:39 PM
What you've written is good as far as it goes, but it's just a little too bland. Can you put in a few words that are more specific about your life? For example, you mentioned water--do you sail, lie on the beach, reef dive? Do you have kids/grandkids? Also, it would be great if you could add a photo of you doing one of those activities.

There's nothing "wrong" with it so far, but it's not pulling me into your world.

Welcome to Mingle! Jump into the forums and chat a bit.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/02/12 08:58 PM
Shareahug, Wux's posts may indeed sound ridiculous to you, but there's actually a whole lot of truth in there.

My opinion on why the guy treated you like that? He chickened out. Not quite as ready to meet someone "real" as he'd convinced himself and you that he was. His loss. And by the way, in the online dating world 8 months isn't a long time. Keep scouting out the men around you, and your luck will turn one day.

Bravalady's photo
Fri 11/02/12 08:47 PM
I think people like what they like and there's not much you can do about it. I'm not exactly Elizabeth Taylor myself, but I shy away from ugly men. Fair? No. Common? You bet.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 11/01/12 10:19 PM

They eat roo burgers down there!

Skippy stew isn't too bad either...and croc steaks are tasty when thrown on the bbq. Which would explain why alot of Aussies have a bit of snap in their hop.

Oh yeah...one doesn't need a rifle to shoot roos or wallabies. Just a 4WD with a bull bar.

SKIPPY STEW??? You leave my dog alone.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 11/01/12 10:15 PM
I haven't trusted any TV news since Peter Jennings died. He was the last.

Bravalady's photo
Thu 11/01/12 10:00 PM
I had not one single trick or treater, even though there are plenty of kids in this neighborhood. In fact the houses on both sides of me have kids. I don't know why they didn't send them around. There was absolutely nothing going on. Maybe they don't do it in Utah?

Bravalady's photo
Wed 10/31/12 02:27 PM
Isn't there an addiction/recovery thread on one of these forums?

Bravalady's photo
Wed 10/31/12 02:25 PM
What's the difference between gumboots and Bean boots, or any other kind of boots for that matter?

Bravalady's photo
Wed 10/31/12 01:12 AM

Maybe you should try to get into a profession that helps people you seem very nice and cut out for it. However try dating people who are not in a emotional desperation mind set. Good luck to you my friend.

Check.

Bravalady's photo
Wed 10/31/12 01:09 AM
Edited by Bravalady on Wed 10/31/12 01:11 AM
What reality is, whether consciousness really exists, is a philosophical question that has been around since there have been philosophers. It is, of course, unanswerable. The wiser philosophers have always ended up saying, "So what's the point?"

Of course there's no scientific proof of consciousness. It would be all over the papers if there were. But so what? Why do we need one?

Oh wait, maybe I get it. The subtext is that science can't explain everything (yet). Is that it? If so, I agree. Still, so what? Are you saying this town ain't big enough for both of us, sister?

Bravalady's photo
Mon 10/29/12 05:08 PM
I built my dream home. Didn't realize quite how much I loved it until I left it. Now I'm planning to go back and do it all over again.

My very favorite part of the dream house was the attached garage. Every time I drove in after a long day at work and long drive in some miserable Maine weather, I was so pleased at not having to go outside again.

It was a small house with lots of light and a full basement and multiple gardens. I kept making more gardens. laugh

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25