Community > Posts By > countrymike

countrymike's photo
Tue 11/17/09 07:04 PM

been on a couple dating sites and wonder why alot of the guys feel the need to post pics without their shirt on, is this a macho male thing? or just guys looking for a one night stand , even though their profiles say looking for long term? very confusing.

Yes it is a macho thing but surely not just a male thing.It is just a matter of bad taste and both sexes are just as guilty.There is no excuse to not have a shirt on when in public except for beaches and the like. Much like there is no excuse for the cleavage shots that are all over on here.
Now while you may say "how prudish is this guy".I will answer this way..My dad taught me that the search was half the fun and I think women that try to impress with physical attributes rather than be true ladies are missing the exploring stage.Men love to explore. Kinda like opening a present..Why are they wrapped....simply for the allure and the mystery..
Keep the clothes on till I check out your heart and brain..jmo
The same goes for men..The v neck t-shirt on an ripped body still gives the message but shows a degree of class.
The sales approach idea will attract the attention that the person wants.

countrymike's photo
Tue 11/17/09 04:58 PM
What's one thing you'd like to do before you die?

The title is BUCKET LIST...One thing does not make a list....Hence , I can't answer the question.....

countrymike's photo
Thu 11/12/09 10:33 PM
Edited by countrymike on Thu 11/12/09 10:34 PM

countrymike's photo
Thu 11/12/09 10:33 PM
Forgive me if I am astute enough to recognize a reverse pentagram for what it is.You seem to want to say I am judging you and I am not .I do however say what I think.
For example..you wrote why do you hate me?I never said I did but let's for a moment read what you wrote.. "My "I'm evil" avatar is to get people like you all bent out of shape...seems to be working."
Well you got what you wanted and now complain..If you can't take the heat ,don't feed the fire..
Biglife ,my life is an open book and I hide nothing.
Terry ,you write and I quote"As one should be called here, as to not knowing another before calling them by their given name at birth,wink.",
Yet by the end of your dissertation you called me Mike..Thanks for feeling that you know me well enough to call me by my given name.Secondly,Jealousy is a sin and I have no time for that.Third is that voicing an opinion does not a judgement make.Fourth,is that I do not need a hug from someone I do not know.That's weird.
Have a nice night all and let tomorrow be filled with joy..

countrymike's photo
Thu 11/12/09 04:53 PM
How many of you have even seen this bit of news. Washington Examiner reports but nothing in Times or Usa today or any local paper...Why?

Two U.S. Secret Service armored vehicles used to protect Vice President Biden struck and killed a pedestrian in Temple Hills early Wednesday morning, authorities said.

The vehicles were traveling together from Andrews Air Force Base at about 2:30 a.m. when the pedestrian was hit at the intersection of Suitland Parkway and Naylor Road in Temple Hills, U.S. Park Police said.

The drivers stayed on the scene and rendered first aid until police and rescue officials arrived, said Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan.

The pedestrian, an adult male, was transported to Prince George's Hospital Center in Cheverly with multiple critical injuries, police said. He was pronounced dead shortly thereafter.

The armored sport utility vehicle and limousine were occupied only by Secret Service employees and were not carrying the vice president or any other dignitaries, said Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan.

countrymike's photo
Thu 11/12/09 03:55 PM
When folks have something to say they obviously do not care what forum they use.
Point... Terry's comments for Ladylid...Excuse me for just one minute, Has ANYONE ever told you that,
''''''''''''YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!"""""""""""""
I mean,,,really,,,you talk straight forward and I for one man here,,,respect the the heck out of YOU!
I wish MORE women,,,and men,,,,could all be more of YOUR nature.

Now my comment on that comment..That is off the topic....
Let us look at the profiles of the folks we compliment or listen to ..
Terry for instance has an opening line which states..I NOW LIVE WITH CHRIST IN MY HEART,,
Ladylid has on hers.....she wants a man who are not slaves to ancient, worn out religious dogma that has not served humanity. Her words..(Even has a pentagram and a sign that says I'm Evil on her profile)..

Now Terry How does your God look upon complimenting the lovers of Satan? Just wondering because your little barb about The Silly One sure does not seem Godly at all.Rather immature I think but anything goes when you're trying to impress the ladies aye...

Now for the Sage stage...we are going off topic ,and you need to excersize your power to change the subject again.Good Evening...It is so beautiful outside tonight..

countrymike's photo
Wed 11/11/09 04:21 PM

I say; NEVER pass judgement on ANYONE. What works for one may not work for others. What happens behind closed doors, is NOBODIES business. If FWB, works for you; God Bless you both. Those that it doesn't work for; God Bless you too.
I know that if I am privledged enough to be close to a lady, we will have had a chat & understand EXACTLY where WE are at. I hide nothing & will lie to no one. A "TRUE FRIEND" will never judge a "FRIEND."

My thoughts on "Friends With Benefits."

This Old Sage is your own off topic speech. . Remember...Where were you then to shut everyone up and suggest the topic closed?Oh now I see ,as long as some promote fwb, they get to chat and brag about their flings.But when we call to task those that changed the subject ,it gets closed..Where were you to tell Ladylid that she was off topic?. Get a grip ..I think you are a wannabee control freak when folks do not agree with your standards and we have all read about your reasons for promoting fwb relationships /jmo...

countrymike's photo
Tue 11/10/09 06:16 PM

countrymike, I have read this thread through and you sound as if you're just plain angry at everyone. The topic really isn't the issue with you is it? You stir up some commotion and say you're done and then you peeked back in to see if anyone said anything about you and then here you come flapping your cape in the wind. If I'm wrong on this I beg your forgiveness but you sound peeved at the world in general. Peace. flowerforyou

Katz,
I have an inquisitive nature and that is why I checked back in.If you really knew me,you would know that I was hoping the post had no more answers and I get Carol throwing barbs..How do you want me to respond..
For instance carol chose to answer my simple question with "he's back"So why does she take the time to post...To prove a point, but when I do it it is abominable...Two faced ,I think ....
Last point for me is how people jump to unfounded conclusions.Why do you perceive me as unhappy in any form? For having an opinion?

countrymike's photo
Tue 11/10/09 05:06 PM

We have all stated our opinions on this subject, now it has taken on a life of it's own. This isn't about who's right and who's wrong. It's about being free to express one's self without fear of getting slammed. I say FWB -- rest in peace. Life goes on no matter what we believe in. Live your life without intentionally hurting others. Does it really matter if you are right or wrong in someone else's eyes?

Sometimes posts do go directional and if I answer your question it will take another twist..
But here goes..you say" Life goes on no matter what we believe in.Does it really matter if you are right or wrong in someone else's eyes?
very simply absolutely YES.I am a Grandfather..Now should my Granddaughter be subjected to my fwb relationships if I were to do so.Of course not because then I would have to explain to her to not do as I do,do as I say.It is useless to have morals or standards and not follow them which is called leadership through actions.
Here is the next twist on questions..We are all in a over 50 forum and I would venture to say most of us remember when marriage was taken as a serious committment..Sex outside of marriage was a sin and not bragged about..Now I know times are a changin' ,but which do you prefer to teach the next generation..

countrymike's photo
Tue 11/10/09 03:52 PM
Carol,
I checked in to see what the rhetoric would be like.I have never been rude to you maam and I get great pleasure in this post ..I read the profiles of the posters to see if what they say goes along with their wants and let us for a moment go to yours...you wrote on your profile"Looking for a gentlemen, a gentle soul:) a man with morals and character. Someone who respects women."
Now I applaud you for asking for that but when someone voices what he believes is a very respectful attitude to women and has morals and character, then you chose to slam that person.Why?I have standards and I do not compomise them for sex. How bout that..I do not in any way consider myself better than anyone and have never said anything of the kind.I did not bring up the side of the FWB.Now as far as Mr.Sage ,he says God condones FWB and I do not believe that and said so.Can you show me that anywhere in any Bible?I think His message is to abstain ,so the next logical step for Him to sanction is adultry.For Him to have no rules about FWB's would include anything .That's the stretch I used and still think it is valid.
As as far as my coming back,now that was rude but true..While I do not live on here or have 12000 posts to my credit I can still resign in because there is a little button just for that..The site really wants folks to reactivate their account or there would not be such a button. HAHAHa....I"m back...See how far being openly rude got you.....

countrymike's photo
Mon 11/09/09 11:05 AM

rude, very rude..not all who engage in sex are diseased...
I'm 49 and have never had any STD..NEVER!
Sex actually takes away that feeling of being grumpy, quite a relief, you should try it sometime. Of course use a condom and be safe!
Peace brother flowerforyou

You prove my point exactly..I have never had to have a test because I am who I am.I have a moral code of conduct and sex does not drive it.I never said that all who engage in sex are diseased.I have said that I read labels and for you to come out to the world and brag about your behavior is a red flag for me and if we were to meet, I surely would ask to see your medical records.
To the women on here who engage in this behavior ,I would ask if the orgasm is worth the games or dangers.This is about mind games and physical and emotional problems and even religous beliefs not just beddin' down.
I will stand my ground on this subject and would hope that the women of virtue would see this as chivalrous and they would understand my views.The rest can go get screwed.(my term for sex without emotion)

countrymike's photo
Mon 11/09/09 08:05 AM
If you can't take it, don't dish it out..Cathy ,you are new here and I am not.Sage and I have gone over this subject before.He as a moderator should not say things he has no knowledge of or try to demean anyone with terms like miserable.He does not know me and I have never said I was unhappy in any way .So he has stooped to a new level of arguing.Bailing as you put it is not my intent.To sign off and leave is the best form of rebellion for this kind of site.
There is no winning this topic.I have my views and Sage has his.
I went back to a prior set of posts to pull this .
If there is a label on a shirt that tells you what it is made of ,do you believe it or not..I believe that when a woman goes online to look for companionship and declares that sex without commitment is an option (not to be confused with slut),then she has labeled herself...No attack ,just a statement..
Cathy ,you wrote"or complain about getting anything either. ouch.. that's the scary part to me.... I would think there would be a special bond between the two, more than your average friendship.
and I answer ,you are right ...of course they are special bonds of going to see a doc to cure it and the sighs of relief when the aids test comes back negative ...What a bond.More power to the promiscuous.

countrymike's photo
Sun 11/08/09 05:40 PM

Sage , You sir make me laugh and I thank you for that.
What one word did I write that gives you the idea I am miserable? When you take the high road and act like the on site psychiatrist,and call me miserable, I sat back and chuckled. That is an old political trick...if you're losing an arguement ,then use slander...diverts the subject matter...
Makes you look good for the folks here..and I understand that .I'll go ahead and shut down my profile now and we will not cross again on the subjects that you hold so dear...It bugs me that a moderator here can call the site members miserable without fact one to back his position.....Good Bye

countrymike's photo
Sun 11/08/09 04:32 PM
Old Sage...so many words of wisdom..You jump to a conclusion as absurd as it can be.Are you suggesting that we look for loose women or follow my lead and wait for the one who has a brain set like mine.What is so wrong with staying celibate until married?You say and I quote " Maybe that is why you can't find what you seek, in a lady??" I think moral values are the first thing I look for in a lady and think that is paramount to a good friendship and possible future.Loose morals seem to be the standard today and we wonder why the divorce rate is so high if they chose to marry at all.

"love thy neighbor" does not mean to bed them all.
"judge not less you be judged" is a phrase alot of people use to defend their own actions..I have no problem with anyone judging me.By the way free will is exactly that ...the will to go to heaven or hell and yes, He gave us that choice..based on our actions..
and for Old Sage , I never said anything about FWB until someone else brought it up , so please do not elude that I am going in a differant direction.I am responding to a prior post.

countrymike's photo
Sun 11/08/09 02:04 PM
You may all attack my stretch of situational ethics but I go back to Old Sage's comment..."What happens behind closed doors, is NOBODIES business" So what does it matter who I am with..Married or not seems to be fair play as long as it is agreed upon and behind closed doors.Remember he said"If FWB, works for you; God Bless you both. Those that it doesn't work for; God Bless you too".The statement speaks for itself.To assume he meant only single folks does not follow with his thought pattern that God blesses all sanctions.It is a small stretch to say God allows any action as long as it is agreed on and behind closed doors..
When you all use the term "what does it matter" ...I answer saying what I have said so many times before...We are supposed to set examples of good behavior for the future generations...Lead by example....Did all of you who promote this kind of behavior, teach your children the same ethics or do you ask them to be discreet with their sexuality.Or maybe it is just an age thing because we are in a above 50 forum.What happened to morals and the value of marriage?....I think it is interesting to see the amount of women who say they want or have had FWB relationships.From a male point of view, I want my women as pure and untouched as possible. The more affairs one has , the harder it is to find someone who wants you.Males are called dogs or players and the names for promiscuios women are plentiful.I rarely see fwb relationships that work other than the convenience of the breakup..Then everyone is happy and the person left with the problems is the next person in line..jmo

countrymike's photo
Sun 11/08/09 11:30 AM
Old Sage Defends FWB one more time...

I say; NEVER pass judgement on ANYONE. What works for one may not work for others. What happens behind closed doors, is NOBODIES business. If FWB, works for you; God Bless you both. Those that it doesn't work for; God Bless you too.
I know that if I am privledged enough to be close to a lady, we will have had a chat & understand EXACTLY where WE are at. I hide nothing & will lie to no one. A "TRUE FRIEND" will never judge a "FRIEND."

My thoughts on "Friends With Benefits."

Now Sir ,if you are going to use God as a blesser of the thought of FWB , then where do His rules like "Thou Shall NOT Commit Adultery" fall in to play.You toss around God's Blessings as if He condones immoral behavior.I for one think He does not ..How about you? Anything goes? That is a stretch but if you say that it is alright behind closed doors, then who am I to argue..So according to your belief (and correct me if I have you wrong)I have God's blessing to do my friend's wife as long as it is in my house behind a closed door..Again ,I think not...JMO

countrymike's photo
Fri 10/30/09 11:33 PM
This question seems to go in the direction of a belief in reincarnation.The way it is phrased ,there is no answer because it would require knowledge of things we do not yet scientifically know of. ,hence we just do not know who or what we were.To answer this would show our ignorance because an answer would say that we are basing our answer on facts and that is not reality.

countrymike's photo
Fri 10/30/09 09:21 PM
Greeneyes< what is your problem with men.You lastly wished upon jr what seems to bug you most ...being a widower.Now that's just rude..
PLEASE DO NOT GENERALIZE AND PUT ALL MEN IN YOUR CATAGORIY OF SCARED TO TALK ABOUT YOUR PAST.I FOR ONE HAVE NO PROBLEM TALKING TO ANYONE ABOUT ANYTHING.
Being a widow is something that defines who you are and should not be taken lightly.When you find someone who can be open enough to listen or share thoughts on this subject, then more power to the two of you. Till then , be kind to the rest of us.We have done nothing to you. .

countrymike's photo
Mon 10/26/09 09:52 AM
Oh my...In no way have I passed judgement and have not shown any preconceived ideas as to what she will do.Let us for a moment look at the original post and then tell me that I am doing anything but sharing a thought or five on her questions.
If there is a label on a shirt that tells you what it is made of ,do you believe it or not..I believe that when a woman goes online to look for companionship and declares that sex without committment is an option (not to be confused with slut),then she has labeled herself...No attack ,just see it in the way it was presented.

countrymike's photo
Mon 10/26/09 09:19 AM
Adults discussing morals or the lack of does not make a fight...It is called sharing of ideas or voicing our opinion....We try to learn from others and when I see that done ,the day goes better.
I did not start the post and I do not like being attatcked for my opinion..and my posts are just that ...my opinion...

Previous 1 3 4 5 6