Community > Posts By > Johnny

Johnny's photo
Sun 11/24/19 05:40 AM
I think when someone starts cheating, they want the relationship to end at that point. you can either go to therapy, or break up/divorce. if y'all choose to just tough it out, there's a chance they won't cheat again. there's also a chance they just won't get caught again.

Johnny's photo
Sat 11/23/19 10:37 PM
Any advice on starting a relationship?

Sure!
1. Don't ask online strangers for advice on how to live your life or develop your relationships.
2. "relationships" don't really start until you meet offline. Until then they're fantasy roleplay.

well, with point 1 I have to disagree. I've gotten some good advice here. I'm not very knowledgeable in this area and getting any advice is highly appreciated, although that doesn't mean I'll change anything about myself purely because of someone else's opinion. As for point 2, you're very right and sometimes it's easy to forget that. There are too many scammers online to just go out and trust that someone is even real until you've met them in person.

In all honesty, dating apps like this may just not be for me. I'm a gamer, and I haven't met any real gamer girls around here yet. The women I have chatted with don't seem to hold the same interests and that's leading to a lot of really forced conversation. I don't like feeling like I have to lead someone through a conversation just in order to have a conversation. Maybe this is a broader issue with my personality and thought processes that could keep me from dating at all, but I really don't know. I don't have much experience in this area, and the experience I do have was from a whole different time. It used to be really easy to date online, and I was too young to be doing it at that time. It didn't stop me but I think it messed up my thought process in this area. Getting any advice from someone that knows more than me about dating helps me at least adjust how I approach trying to start a conversation and work towards a committed relationship eventually.

Johnny's photo
Sat 11/23/19 09:25 AM
There is a saying (in decorating) that you should take
all the liabilities you face, and make them assets..not
easy but it works really well.

If you are not a natural chatter, make that an asset (still
waters run deep) there is probably nothing worse than
forced chatter.

Besides, most women could talk your ears off.
Give them that chance and become, (are you ready for this?)
become a LISTENER.

That is the secret here.
Become a listener.
They will sing your praises (and probably won't even
notice the one-sided-ness of conversations) for the
simple reason that you are listening to them, paying
attention to them, reacting to them.

AND...you would be one of a kind ;-)

I actually do listen a lot, it just seems like with dating sites that there's a certain amount of expected chatter. I'm really bad at it since I almost never talk in real life or I won't shut up when I'm really passionate about something xD. So far everyone I've messaged with on here give an answer and ask a question. at some point I'm just wondering at what point we should just be relaxing and talking, but maybe my interests don't run in with a lot of people on here.

Johnny's photo
Sat 11/23/19 08:38 AM
this is a pick-up line I used on a 19 year old when I was 16, and it freaking worked. "we're the only ones left in the world. looks like we'll have to repopulate"

Johnny's photo
Sat 11/23/19 06:48 AM
If you really don't know and really want love then invest time in this. Google "dating advice for men" and you find lots of advice and also dating coaches for men. Such coaches usually have a ton of free material available online.
It is up to you to be willing and motivated to invest in that (in yourself and your future).

thank you ^^ I'll check that out

Johnny's photo
Sat 11/23/19 06:44 AM
I've found a few that have started talking to me, then I feel like all I'm doing is asking about them. I know there should be some back and forth, but I really don't know what I'm doing xD

Johnny's photo
Sat 11/23/19 06:35 AM
I'm sure the title is enough to show my inexperience in this area xD the only time I've dated up until now was a decade ago, and that relationship was started online in a video game so I knew what to talk about. I'm realizing now that I really don't know how to start a conversation on a site like this. is it as simple as just talking about what you want? what do you talk about next? I don't want to be the guy that talks about himself all the time, but I just don't know how to keep a conversation going with some basic information. I don't know if I should be asking about all of her hobbies (seems like this could get annoying, yeah?) or if I should talk about mine (equally annoying?) lol please help! I don't know what I'm doing in this part of my life ^^;

Johnny's photo
Sat 11/23/19 04:24 AM
hello! welcome to Mingle! good luck! ^^

Johnny's photo
Fri 11/22/19 02:23 AM
Really? What kind of response are women wanting? Those one liners were real?!

Johnny's photo
Fri 11/22/19 01:06 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. Where's the upvote button? Lol

Johnny's photo
Thu 11/21/19 11:55 PM
Hi y'all! I don't know what else to say xD

Johnny's photo
Thu 11/21/19 11:01 PM
To not be alone. Going through this crazy world with someone else seems worthwhile to know it's not just you that has feelings. Someone that picks you up and has some control over you to keep you from being a complete moron. Also breakfast. A little more out of life and hopefully the chance to add a bit more to another. Good food is good too.