Community > Posts By > ARTDOG13

no photo
Mon 06/04/12 10:05 AM

Yes this is a dating site but this is an area on the site where politics and current affairs topics can be discussed, hence it's not moaning and bitching' it's discussion...

Perspective?

In relation to the deserve has nothing to do with it bit, well it could be argued that if you do vote then you cannot really complain about how your government works because you have givern your consent to be governed by it.

And by that logic, if you make no effort to vote, and you get a government that causes you to complain, you deserve what you get. :smile:
And by that logic also, deserve has got nothing to do with it:smile:

no photo
Sun 06/03/12 10:58 AM

It's easy to sit on you bum and moan on internet fora. Your voter turnout figures are poor, so get out and vote! If you're unsatisfied-do something! Write to your representatives and express your concerns. Unlike East Germany, you can vote, so do it! Form parties or nominate independant candidates. You have the gift of democracy and change comes from you, no-one else. Become politically active instead of wasting time bitching on a dating site. Make your minority concerns those of the majority.

If your vote really changed anything they would take it away.All you do by voting is to give your consent to be governed.:smile:

If that's your attitude, you deserve what you get.

Deserve has nothing to do with it.

What does then? You, moaning and bitching on a dating site without actually doing even the most simple of tasks to change things? Here is not the place to voice your opinion if you're dissatisfied. Tell it to those who represent your electorate, encourage others to do it, and do it repeatedly. If you don't and one day you do wake up in a fascist state (which I doubt), as you lot continue to exaggerate upon, whose fault is it? Really? Apathy is a tool for creating hegemony by those so inclined.
Yes this is a dating site but this is an area on the site where politics and current affairs topics can be discussed, hence it's not moaning and bitching' it's discussion... In relation to the deserve has nothing to do with it bit, well it could be argued that if you do vote then you cannot really complain about how your government works because you have givern your consent to be governed by it.

no photo
Thu 05/31/12 06:40 AM

It's easy to sit on you bum and moan on internet fora. Your voter turnout figures are poor, so get out and vote! If you're unsatisfied-do something! Write to your representatives and express your concerns. Unlike East Germany, you can vote, so do it! Form parties or nominate independant candidates. You have the gift of democracy and change comes from you, no-one else. Become politically active instead of wasting time bitching on a dating site. Make your minority concerns those of the majority.
If your vote really changed anything they would take it away.All you do by voting is to give your consent to be governed.:smile:

If that's your attitude, you deserve what you get.
Deserve has nothing to do with it.

no photo
Wed 05/30/12 06:07 AM

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 05:15 PM
Edited by ARTDOG13 on Tue 05/29/12 05:17 PM
:smile: sorry if it took me a while to get my point across but to me the minority is'nt about race its about numbers. As far as I'm concerned there's only one race and it's called the human one and it;s made of all colours... xwaving to jeaniebean

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 05:05 PM

Look all I'M saying is that denocracy is a political system that is supposed to, in theory, benefit the majority but that the economic system of capitalism seems to benefit a minority. Therefore, how can a democracy be democratic, when the minority who control the economic wealth also get all the benefits of that society ?

I don't see how it benefits "a minority" and I don't know what "minority" you are talking about.

So excuse me, I just don't know what you are talking about.

If you don't want to "explain" then I will just forget it.

the minority are the very, very rich who control things like politics, the media etc, the majority are the rest of us the 99 per cent... Do you see the world outside of the U.S.A ?

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 04:52 PM
Look all I'M saying is that denocracy is a political system that is supposed to, in theory, benefit the majority but that the economic system of capitalism seems to benefit a minority. Therefore, how can a democracy be democratic, when the minority who control the economic wealth also get all the benefits of that society ?

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 04:34 PM
Edited by ARTDOG13 on Tue 05/29/12 04:38 PM
Good point:smile: BUT I don't fave to explain anything I'M vot defending capitalism.

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 04:28 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

It's not perfect, but can anyone nominate a better alternative to democracy?
I'm not asking for an altermative to democracy.:smile:

In wasn't necessarily resoponding to you.
I started the debate.:smile:

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 04:23 PM
So why then do the people who have more wealth control the political system ?

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 04:17 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

It's not perfect, but can anyone nominate a better alternative to democracy?
I'm not asking for an altermative to democracy.:smile:

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 04:13 PM

Capitalism is much less than what people want to make it out to be.

I have a shovel. That is capital. I am not doing anything with that shovel. You are my neighbor and need to use a shovel for a few days, but do not want to buy one. I rent you my shovel to use for two days for much less than the price of the shovel.

That is capitalism. THAT IS IT. Nothing more.

Capitalism is good becuase it takes resources that are not being put to use, and puts them to use to the benefit of both parties.

However it gets a bad rap, because people call political tinkering, or corporatism, capitalism.

Capitalism is a leech that feeds off democracy:smile:
Explain your comment given the real definition of capitalism.
Democracy equals thae majority benefits capitalism means the minority benefits.

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 04:10 PM

Capitalism is much less than what people want to make it out to be.

I have a shovel. That is capital. I am not doing anything with that shovel. You are my neighbor and need to use a shovel for a few days, but do not want to buy one. I rent you my shovel to use for two days for much less than the price of the shovel.

That is capitalism. THAT IS IT. Nothing more.

Capitalism is good becuase it takes resources that are not being put to use, and puts them to use to the benefit of both parties.

However it gets a bad rap, because people call political tinkering, or corporatism, capitalism.

Explain your comment given the real definition of capitalism.

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 03:55 PM

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 03:50 PM

I do not think that capitalism and democracy are compatable, I'm asking why people think they are.:smile:

Capitalism and democracy are part of the same animal.

It starts out as democracy, and ends up as capitalism.

Democracy is capitalism in its early stages.
NO they are not I do not know where you get your info from but democracy is older than capitalism.

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 03:46 PM
Exactly we've been conned. We need a new way, and before anybody accuse's me of being a communist that system don't work either and neither doe's religion... I think democracy is a good idea, in theory, I have yet to see it in practice.

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 03:35 PM
I do not think that capitalism and democracy are compatable, I'm asking why people think they are.:smile:

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 03:26 PM
Interesting answer:smile:

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 03:19 PM
Not just your country my friend:smile:

no photo
Tue 05/29/12 03:15 PM
Can anybody out there please explain how capitalism,a system which benefits a minority at the expense of the majority, is compatable with democracy... ?

Previous 1