Community > Posts By > Untamed

no photo
Sun 01/27/08 08:25 PM

Getting frustrated Abra?

Clearly you wish. laugh

I’ve quit reading you posts because your statements are so totally nonsensical that I have better things to do with my time than listen to uneducated ratings.

Keep telling yourself that Abra.

Your single-flood conjecture has been refuted many years ago by geologists. That argument is almost as old as the story of Noah itself. laugh

lol, coughing up total bs again Abra.
or should I say as usual?
Just rock strata ALONE makes evolution questionable.

It can’t possibly be true because that argument would require a single large layer of mud that all occurred at a single point in time. You can’t argue against this fact whilst still maintaining the “single flood” hypothesis.

Yet again this statement shows perfectly; you have no clue what you are talking about.
If you KNEW about the flood process that is described in the Bible, and if you KNEW about how sediment layers are built up in a flood situation...if

Since that’s not what is seen in nature the single-flood conjecture can’t possibly be true. There are literally thousands of layers of fossil records all laid down from different periods in history, each containing animals from a different epoch.

Yes and WHY is it that the are only a FEW of these yet there are 1000's of GRAVEYARDS of FOSSILS that are all in the same 'period of history'?

why is it that they have found LARGE animals in LOWER levels, and protozoa in HIGHER levels of rock strata????
This fact alone shows that there is a ERROR in the whole simple -to- complex scheme of Darwins.
If it WERE true, shouldnt it be the other way around??....or did these large animals evolve into protozoa?? lmao.

To entertain your arguments would be like giving a pacifier to a baby. There’s nothing to entertain but the arguer himself.

laugh your false sense of security is entertainment enough Abra!

Clearly you have serious fears concerning the truth of evolution since you are scraping the bottom of the barrel using old ideas that have long since been refuted.

lol, Again with the bs.
Where have they been refuted Abra?
Why havent you given me the link to the negative review of Sylvias book?
is it perhaps that the sight was bias?
hmmm.

Whatever is causing your phobia of evolution, it is totally unfounded, I assure you. :wink:

I have no fears of lies.
good luck with your phobia of truth.

no photo
Sun 01/27/08 08:12 PM

TO Untamed:

Thanks. I'll see if my library has it. If you're really interested in understanding evolution, Stephen Jay Gould, Massimo Pigliucci, Richard Dawkins and David Sloan Wilson are authors worth reading up on.

Good luck. drinker

I have checked out Richard Dawkins when his "god delusion" came out; what really caught my eye was the "one of the worlds top intellectuals"....I read the back and flipped to a random chapter and I was AMAZED by the level of ignorance.

he is supposed to be a "top intellectual".
what.
the.
hell.

Thanks for the recommendations, I also recommend Behe's "Darwins black box"

no photo
Thu 01/24/08 06:16 PM

C'mon. Why should God even bother with evolution when he could quite easily use an incredibly powerful shrink ray gun on the two (or was it seven?) Seismosaurs, T-rexes, Argentinasaurs, Mastodons, Apatosaurs, Titanosaurs, etc. to shrink 'em down so they could all fit on a 450 ft boat? Any other explanation would require MASSIVE FAITH.

drinker

What a naive statement.
Why do you think there are fossils of dragonfiles with HUGE wingspans?
why is it that in the old testament people lived to extraordinary age?

Do you have any idea what the climate difference was between pre and post-flood?

like I said, this is outlined in Sylvia's book.

No. No. No. It's not "naive". It's faith. Like I've said before, in the realm of the supernatural, ANYTHING is a go!

Sorry. I missed your earlier point. Was that book by Sylvia Browne?

Bone of contention, is evolution true?
Syliva baker.

no photo
Thu 01/24/08 06:14 PM

LOL!!!!
Abra, they have found SHELLS and FISHBONES on the TOP of mountains

And spare me the "birds carried it there" excuse if thats the only rebuttal you have in your quiver because that is bullocks.

There isn’t any sense in reading past your words above. They are totally absurd and show a gross ignorance of any knowledge of even the most basic rudiments of scientific knowledge today.

May I ask if you’ve graduated from Kindergarten yet?

Good Abra, ignore the facts, close your eyes and block your ears.
Resort to insult because you are stuck in a corner like a scared monkey.

You've got fossil graveyards meaning there have been found graveyards of fossilized animals all over the world. In order to be fossilized, they need to be buried quickly; flood.

The vast majority of fossils are marine life. And yes it’s quite natural that they are found on mountains because mountains used to be on the sea floor. Take geology 101 for crying out loud.

Yes and WHY Abra, are the vast majority of these animals marine life?
think about it.
Did noah take fishtanks on the Arc?
Did noah take the megalodon (sp? giant great white) onboard?
No.

Just your statement ALONE points to the Great Flood!
Since the 'majority' of the animals were marine life, it goes hand in hand with what happened in the Flood.
But you are ignorant and naive of what occurred.
Its the extreme state of denial.

Fossils of land dwelling animals are indeed rare in comparison, but the reason we find them is because they had millions of years to accumulate.

Did you even READ my post?
You couldnt have, because if you did, you wouldnt have written something so weak as a rebuttal.

Actually if we accept your theory of a short earthy life, then there wouldn’t be any fossils at all hardly.

Abra,

when you reply to a post, its best that you actually read its content to avoid looking like a moron as you have unfortunately done so here.

You’ve blown your own case clean out of the water and don’t even realize it because of your gross lack of education in the sciences. If you’re going to address a topic the least you can do is learn a little something about it first.

Im so embarressed for you here Abra, I think you were talking to yourself when you posted this.

I’ve already posted indisputable astronomical proof that the earth cannot be less than millions of years old. To believe otherwise would require that you believe in a deceiving God.

Well you obviously have done a half-ass study because if you did post 'indisputable astronmical proof' you would have seen the flaws.
but like I said, extreme state of denial.
My grandfather had it too.
He went from Catholic to atheist, and on his death bed you converted to Christianity.

You’re arguments aren’t even based on science. You say, “Birds carried fossils to mountain tops”? That’s not science.

Abra!? LOL!
You say I need to go back to pre-school!
You cant even articulate this conversation properly!
The "birds carried" response is a COMMON rebuttal by ignorant evolutionists to the "shells and fish found on mountains" statement.
I beginning to think that you are incapable of understanding such things.
Maybe when you die, you'll be guilty of mens rea!

Have you been reading Nursery Rhymes lately or something? If you’re going to address scientific topics the least you can do is try to get them correct first.

laugh
Getting frustrated Abra?

no photo
Thu 01/24/08 05:59 PM

UNtamed a true person seeking knowledge reads more than one book,even ones that don't agree with his preconceived notions.
evolution has more basis in fact then a man screwing his sister and producing genetically mutated offspring.I also can't believe one couple could produce so many children in such a short time yet you buy this.Did it ever occur to you that God has a hand in evolution?After all we are God's ant farm...drinker

Why would someone search for God once they have already found Him?
If I buy a metal detector, go to the beach, find something, dig it up....and then carry on digging...what does that make me?

You're reading the bible word for word.
do you rip out your eyes and cut of your limbs when you sin with them?
why not?
exactly.

"one couple in such a short time" ??
Tell me about this short time.
and please, to elaborate on how you know that this was a incestuous procreation producing deformed offspring.

no photo
Thu 01/24/08 05:51 PM

God didn't need rest, but God did stop creating.

Well if that's your interpretation then what are we supposed to do on the Sabbath?

Clearly not 'rest' according to you. laugh

Yet again Abra, thanks for showing just how much you know of the Bible.
Zlich.

no photo
Thu 01/24/08 05:50 PM

I got a little theory that can tie evolution and creation together. I am not a Christian anymore, bear with me. I'm trying to help.

Your god created everything in a week, yes?

At the end of the week, he took a siesta, yes?

Six days on, one day to rest.

Your god is the ultimate power of the universe, right? Nothing is greater or more powerful. Immortal and whatnot...

Then you gotta ask yourself one question.

How long is a 'god' day? The old man put in six of them before he needed to rest. How often does the ultimate power of everything need to rest?

I'm betting that a god day is a hell of a lot longer then ours. If he took his time, making changes slowly, morphing things into the form he wanted, wouldn't that be called evolution?

God didnt need to rest. I dont know that they taught you in sunday school back in the day mate, but thats not right!

According the the bible, it states in one part that
1 day to God is 1000 years to us.

whether or not genesis was using "God days" or our days, we dont know.
The 1=1000 thing comes from the studies of Revelations and the "day of judgement" meaning, a "God day/1000 years to us".

BUT

if it WAS "God days" then the earth will STILL not be "old" enough to accommodate evolution.

no photo
Thu 01/24/08 05:44 PM

Frankly, I don't really care where we came from...I'm more concerned about where we are heading...smokin

OMG! Signs of true intelligence!

Bless you dear. The world could surely use more people like you! bigsmile

laugh Abra, can you see how your response here shows how much you dont know?

Where we came from and where we are going to arent separate.
noway

no photo
Thu 01/24/08 05:41 PM

Faith cannot be proven.

False.
millions of Christians around the world will give you testimony to faith.
Its what I've been saying all along: EXPERIENCE.
Once you've had it, you KNOW.

Faith is irrational.

wrong again. Experience.

Faith is a personal thing.

o rly?
no wai!
serious?
rlllly?
laugh

Faith should never be viewed as some sort of absolute truth.

Yet again, experience.

Faith cannot be argued on the basis of logic.

Thats why proof of God is to the individual.
Why doesnt God do 'signs'?
because signs are all around us. We are more than capable to see that we arent an 'accident' but ignorance prevails.

And finally, having faith in a book does not equate to having faith in a God.

Right. but having faith in Gods Word equates.
Yet again, experience.

Attempting to claim that a book is verbatim truth is not going to make God any more real.

wrong again; experience.

If a person is going to have faith they should at least try to understand what faith is!
It’s a delusion that a person accepts as their truth.

Wow. you have NO idea what faith is!
No WONDER you see religion as 'regional myths'.

That’s what faith means and it has absolutely nothing at all to do with whether or not any God actually exists.

noway you're so way off the map Abra is very sad.

no photo
Thu 01/24/08 05:20 PM

Meanwhile, if you look at the earths magnetic field, meteoritic dust, atmospheric helium, salt in the sea as well as evidence pointing towards Noahs flood; all point an age of the earth which unfortunately to evolutionists, is too short a lifespan to accommodate evolution!

Just Flood evidence ALONE is astounding.

Just for the sake of any sane people reading this thread I would like to point out that the above quote about Noah’s flood is total bunk without any merit whatsoever.

For the sane person, let me assure you that many scientists themselves are indeed of the Christian faith, and they have looked into the idea of trying to tie in a great flood to explain various observations concerning geological evolution. The bottom lines is that there is absolutely no evidence that any such great flood occurred. The data simply can’t be made to fit that model no matter how grossly out of shape it is contorted.

LOL!!!!
Abra, they have found SHELLS and FISHBONES on the TOP of mountains

And spare me the "birds carried it there" excuse if thats the only rebuttal you have in your quiver because that is bullocks.

If you know ANYTHING about the fossilization process you'd know that the body would need to be buried QUICKLY.

You've got fossil graveyards meaning there have been found graveyards of fossilized animals all over the world. In order to be fossilized, they need to be buried quickly; flood.

You've got Polystrate fossils: large animals or tree trunks that extent through several strata often 6m in thickness.
These had to be buried fast because the top parts are just as preserved as the bottom.
but hold on......arent these strata of seditment supposed to represent "millions of years of rock?"
yet here we find trees and animals breaching them.
hmmmmm.

You've got the frozen animals of siberia
Northern Siberia and into Alaska are buried the remains of aprx 5 million mammoths.
These mammoths where frozen SO FAST that they have been found, thawed out and used to feed DOGS.
They died SO FAST that mammoths have been found with preserved undigested food in their stomachs and food in their MOUTHS.

Sheep, camels rhinos, bison, horses, tigers, oxen, lions and many other animals have been found imbedded in the ice.

no process anywhere today is comparable to that which entombed and preserved those animals.

You've got vast coal and oil beds.
Do you know what these are Abra?
Do you know how these are formed Abra?
They are the remains of living organisms.
Coal from plants (temperature and pressure effects).
Coal is even found in antartica. (which means there were plants there once, if you havent put 2 and 2 together yet).

Uniformitarianism tries to claim that coal and oil formation requires 'millions of years' however this has been proven incorrect in labs.

[qoute]
This claim that Noah’s flood could account for geological evidence is totally unwarranted hype put out by hopeful creationists in a last gasp attempt to salvage what they see as an extremely threatened theological picture.

As I have just outlined above, you clearly are 100% ignorant.

The purpose of Creationists is clear. Evolution presents a real threat to their belief system that claims that a God exists who will offer them eternal life. They mistakenly believe that it all comes down to “God vs Evolution”. They can’t coexist! Or so they believe.

That’s what the whole argument is about to begin with. It’s an argument that these things can’t possibly coexist, therefore one of them must be wrong! That’s the mindset of a Creationist.

You have no idea what evolution is!
If you DID you'd see that it is ludicrous!
You also are completely ignorant to the MASSIVE evidence that points to a single catastrophe that wiped out millions of animals.

For you to argue evolutions case, is like blindman trying to describe the rainbow.

Most Christians I know accept evolution and don’t see it as a threat to their belief system. They simply don’t take the Bible so literally. In fact, many people that I personally know genuinely believe that the story of Noah’s flood is a parable and was never meant to be an actual historical event. So there is a wide range of beliefs out there surrounding a single dogmatic account of earth’s history.

Evolution isnt a threat to any religion.
Many Christians just assume because the "experts" give them "evidence" of evolution so they conclude "thats how God made us"
And the people you know that see the flood as a parable obviously are just as blind as you.

The problem with evolution is that it is incorrect, yet it is being preached as TRUTH.
Just as they used to preach that the body REMAKES BLOOD instead of a circulatory system.
They taught this for 500 years!

Creationists are literalists for the most part. But the Bible makes no sense when taken literally. It must be taken as inspirational parables. It becomes self-inconsistent and contradictory if taken verbatim. Therefore it doesn’t even make any sense in its own right when viewed that way.

Yea reaaal smart Abra. Take Revelations and try to understand it by reading it literally.
You have no concept of how to read the bible so who are you give your 2c?
its called cross referencing.
Just like izrabbit1's pathetic attempt to debunk Jesus; it was not cross referenced and taken literally...i did a ONE MINUTE search and found the cross reference which debunked his claim.

So the verbatim approach to the biblical stories is doomed to fail on its own merit, even without external knowledge such as evolution.

Like I said, you along with the rest of the million people that have said the same thing have know idea how to cross reference. You are unqualified.

no photo
Thu 01/24/08 04:49 PM

Heres an easy blood clot solution for you and remember I am no scientist.

Long ago before blood coagulated. There were 1 million mice. As you will even agree these 1 million mice are not all exactly the same. (That would be ridiculous.) Now all 1 million mice get cut all at once by some bizarre angry mice cutting beast. The 10 or 12 mice that just happen to bleed a little slower have a much better chance at staying alive and passing on that gene. The ones that bleed like a fountain die in seconds and do not pass on their genes. Now let that happen over a few million generations and Ta-da Coagulation.

There you go easy as that I proved that wrong in 15 seconds of thinking.

So in your concept you're assuming that the mice were able to evolve to rondent form without being attacked ever and only when they were WARM BLOODED ANIMALS did the mutation of blood clotting form?

Im no scientist either but I think I beat your personal-best of 15 seconds there.

and about the Jesus thing;

You had a post which stated :"Im waiting for my apology"
in which my reply included debunking your half-assed attempt at debunking Jesus.

THEN, after you saw this, you wen back and edited you post to a

]

and proceeded to hide from the fact that your claim was obliterated.

You're right, I just might go over and re-open that thread so that everyone can see.

You didn't ask me to explain how all things evolved to that point you gave a very specific task of Blood not being able to coagulate. I started with an animal full of blood and showed you how it comes to coagulate. Simple problem simple solution, to late to change the parameters now.

You concept is insane!
do you not see the flaws in it?
its alll goood if you make assumptions like THAT but you have to be REALISTIC - which you are not.

It's not my concept its yours here are your words

Now, if you have NO blood clotting system and you cut yourself; you bleed to death.
So if we "evolved" to get more and more complex; tell me how did the lifeforms evolve to create the ability of blood clotting?
if in order to DO this, you need to experience it right?
no experience = no call to evolve into a superior species right?

but if you dont have a blood clot system and you get cut, you bleed to death.
Remind me, can your species evolve into a stronger, fitter life form if you (the one that experienced and therefore the catalyst for evolution along your offspring) are dead?

There are no flaws in it. Your assumptions are the ones I used. I worked within your parameters. If it will make you feel better lets put it this way.

I believe that God made everything up to the point of the mice with non-coagulating blood and then let them evolve from there. He had no idea what would happen just let evolution work.

YOUR concept of the MICE is flawed.
Your mice were able to survive 'MILLIONS' (since thats how long its supposed to take to evolve from whatever amoeba to a mammal) of years WITHOUT getting CUT....then suddenly, they are wounded and some survive passing on the gene.

Millions of years. and they didnt get cut during their entire evolutionary process?
You concept goes hand in hand with straight-jackets.

no photo
Thu 01/24/08 04:45 PM

C'mon. Why should God even bother with evolution when he could quite easily use an incredibly powerful shrink ray gun on the two (or was it seven?) Seismosaurs, T-rexes, Argentinasaurs, Mastodons, Apatosaurs, Titanosaurs, etc. to shrink 'em down so they could all fit on a 450 ft boat? Any other explanation would require MASSIVE FAITH.

drinker

What a naive statement.
Why do you think there are fossils of dragonfiles with HUGE wingspans?
why is it that in the old testament people lived to extraordinary age?

Do you have any idea what the climate difference was between pre and post-flood?

like I said, this is outlined in Sylvia's book.

no photo
Wed 01/23/08 09:08 PM
I bet he had to use a 30x optical zoom.

no photo
Wed 01/23/08 02:27 AM
that would be a awesome novelty toy!

you scan around and instead of
"beep....beep...beep..beep.beep.beepbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

it'll go
"bull...bul......bull..bull..bull.bull.bull****!bull****!bull****!"
laugh

no photo
Wed 01/23/08 02:24 AM
why is greenland called greenland when its not green?

no photo
Wed 01/23/08 02:23 AM
Seriously.
Its on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/coughbull****cough

no photo
Wed 01/23/08 02:21 AM

Are there any nice, reasonably attractive women who have a good sense of humor out there? How about someone who can carry on a good conversation? If you think that you might have some of these qualities, then send me an email! Dan

Yep, when you sign up on JSH if you pick the "female" box you have to designate whether you are "nice", "psycho" or "*****".

If you choose anything than "nice" you are forwarded to date.com

no photo
Wed 01/23/08 02:18 AM
normal girls?
No, they were discontinued after Pan-Am went down back in '91.
Subsequently, Non-Jerk Boy Friends Inc. went down with them...

no photo
Wed 01/23/08 02:14 AM

Like my daughters used to say, "'cause."

laugh that reminds me of my primary teacher whom used to have a FIT when we answer questions and started sentences with "b'coz."
Probably in a padded room by now.

no photo
Tue 01/22/08 06:03 PM

Wow... what is your purpose Untamed?

Why do you care?