Community > Posts By > Balky

Balky's photo
Thu 08/05/10 11:17 PM

A girl just broke up with me, we had been dating for 9 months. I got laid off back in November from an excellent job. She says she got tired of me not having a good job, she doesn't like how I don't take the little jobs... I've been trying persistently to get a great job, I've got a bachelors degree in game design, she doesn't understand that I need to have a demo reel to show employers. I can't waste time on mediocore jobs when that reel is the key for me getting hired at a gaming studio. Who's in the wrong here?

Long gaps in your employment history are viewed upon negatively with most employers.

I would take "any job" in this economy. Staying employed and being productive is a positive way to live; being ambitious is sexy too. Mediocre jobs are not a waste of time and might allow you to network.

Good luck in finding your dream job.

I did get a part time job within a month when I got laid off, locally just to help pay the bills. I have no problem getting a mediocore job, I'll take any job I can get as long as I can finish my demo reel which is equal to a demo reel for a musician. I'm a hard worker, have been working since I was 17, it's in my blood to work hard.

Balky's photo
Thu 08/05/10 11:08 PM
A girl just broke up with me, we had been dating for 9 months. I got laid off back in November from an excellent job. She says she got tired of me not having a good job, she doesn't like how I don't take the little jobs... I've been trying persistently to get a great job, I've got a bachelors degree in game design, she doesn't understand that I need to have a demo reel to show employers. I can't waste time on mediocore jobs when that reel is the key for me getting hired at a gaming studio. Who's in the wrong here?

Balky's photo
Thu 06/03/10 02:10 AM
Just bad bunch of months! I've been unemployed since Nov of 2009 and it's really taking a toll on me. My head is aching and my shoulders are hard as bricks.

Balky's photo
Thu 06/03/10 02:02 AM
I have a B.S. in video game design.

I've got 4 years experience in QA testing video games.

I'm super stressed and can't find anything.

I'm working on an online portfolio to show employers.

I've found an intern position, should I take this? does intern pay?

Balky's photo
Tue 12/01/09 12:18 PM
I'm looking for a dream catcher to give someone. What stores would sell dreamcatchers?

Balky's photo
Tue 10/06/09 06:32 PM

Then, I want to be courted then...laugh

If thats really what courting means than I'm doing it right now with a girl and it's exactly what I want.

Quick movements scare the deer...

The deer made the move here and suggested to court

Balky's photo
Tue 10/06/09 06:22 PM

Then, I want to be courted then...laugh

If thats really what courting means than I'm doing it right now with a girl and it's exactly what I want.

Balky's photo
Tue 10/06/09 06:10 PM
is there a difference between the 2 words?

Balky's photo
Tue 10/06/09 12:38 AM

I would slow down and listen carefully to her feelings on your next meeting.
flowerforyou

I told her that I do understand where she's coming from and I respect her decision

Balky's photo
Tue 10/06/09 12:34 AM

Slow down, otherwise it'll crash and burn. Glad to see you back, I've missed your threads....:tongue:

Good to know my fans missed me

laugh

waving

So you think I messed up on asking her if she wanted to see other guys? throughout the week before Sat we were talking kids and marriage, meeting each others families, a future together

Balky's photo
Tue 10/06/09 12:32 AM

Slow down, otherwise it'll crash and burn. Glad to see you back, I've missed your threads....:tongue:

Good to know my fans missed me

Balky's photo
Tue 10/06/09 12:27 AM
I'm a Virgo so naturally I wear my heart on my sleeve. Last week I met a girl whom I've been talking to for over a year as just friends. Last week we finally meet and hit it off really well! and then we saw each other again the following day... throughout the week we text nonstop and keep falling for one another from all the compatibility we have with each other and so on she is a Virgo too. Sat came along and we saw each other again and spent the night together fairly innocently and I asked her to be my girlfriend she said yes, we both said "i love you"

Today she texts me saying we should slow down and not rush anything, that she recently got out of a long relationship and really wants me and her to work. She thinks we need to just date and spend time together, so I asked to be clear if she wanted to see other guys and she got hurt by my question I've apologized on that but she says she's still hurt and will talk to me tomorrow... any words on this?

Balky's photo
Sun 09/20/09 03:11 PM
It helps but it doesn't help for the girls that suck

Balky's photo
Sun 09/20/09 03:10 PM

You have to realize there that I love this man...I met him last January...how can he do this to meeee?

You just can't trust a cop, there's way too many dirty ones out there to trust them. As much as it may hurt and suck you have to trust your gut and if it says to leave him and find someone better go for it.

Cops are widowers cause they kill their wives and they get away with it cause they just suck.

Balky's photo
Sun 09/20/09 03:03 PM
Most cops are azzholes anyways so I'd just break up with him.

Balky's photo
Sun 09/20/09 02:48 PM
I've got a 1st date on a beach. Would it be ok to try for a 1st kiss if the mood is right?

Balky's photo
Sun 09/13/09 04:23 PM

So date her and have fun man flowerforyou

Dude Houston, what happened? I was counting on you to take out the Jets!!!! god I hate them.

Balky's photo
Sun 09/13/09 04:14 PM
I met this great woman but the downfall so far is that she just got out of a long term relationship a few months ago. She's made it clear that she doesn't think that she's ready for a relationship just yet and she wants to date for now.

Balky's photo
Wed 09/02/09 11:26 PM

Alright I'll probably break it off with her... any suggestions on how to? she's already starting to fall pretty hard here.

Falling pretty hard? Huh? All ready?

Did you even go on a date?

The original question was serious?

he had two dates with her before he realized she was a bigger girl and not his type, so now his ego has convinced him that's she really into him.

She's way into me I don't need an ego to tell me that... we've already had sex and she tells me she misses me.

Balky's photo
Wed 09/02/09 10:05 PM

I cannot believe that there have been 5 pages of responses in this thread when only one would have sufficed.

" Are you f**king KIDDING???? "

That's all that needed to be said.

Good grief. I say just about anything that comes to mind...but even I wouldn't say something stupid like that.

Glad to be becoming a legend around here lol... any other threads top this one?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10