Community > Posts By > Desi18

Desi18's photo
Sun 02/24/13 07:53 AM
The reality is that video games are interactive and when children play for excessive amounts of time without having the proper amount of social skills the results can be harmful to a childs development. If all a child knows is black ops and grand theft auto how will that child react to a fight at school, for example.

Desi18's photo
Sat 02/23/13 09:21 AM
I'm writing a research paper for my English comp. class about whether or not violent video games contribute to juvenile crime in the world today. What do you think?

Desi18's photo
Fri 09/14/12 01:28 PM

It's natural to want to be comforted when you have needs. And the reaction from not being comforted could end up being that you don't allow others to comfort you in the future. This is a bad pattern.

But this was about your feelings and you placed responsibility on your boyfriend. Being a young man he is clueless on how an event that didn't start with him ended up exposing him to be a failure.

Slow down. Be careful. Take responsibility for your feelings. Don't make others responsible for your feelings. The feelings you make him responsible for are when he treats you poorly or mean not when fails to treat you special.

This takes time and experience to understand. But don't be a fool. It takes intentional work to grow up emotionally. If your not actively seeking to be wise with your emotions, you could be an emotional adulesent your whole life.

Your boyfriend could have done much more. He fell short. And he will again. Give him room to fail. Here's a challenge. Respect him even when he is not respectable. Because he will fall short. If he learns you will respect him even when he falls short it's a good chance his trust and love In you will grow too

Sorry about your pain. Pain sucks. Lots of us her have endoured mass pain too. If it can be any comfort, we all send our best wishes to you to recover fast. We are with you inspirit even though we are not with you in person. Your endourance is being tested. Keep enduring young one.

This was definately the most helpful, thank you so much. :smile:

Desi18's photo
Fri 09/14/12 01:23 PM

well my initial reaction was that he should have stopped by
as soon as he got the message you were in the hospital

i would have

he could always do homework in the hospital. i have.

on the other hand, it sounds to me like you are using this illness
as some yardstick to measure "how much my bf loves me"

and that is not a good thing to do and is a sign of emotional
distress at a time when you are having a lot of physical pain
from your back and anxiety about how and when your back will improve.

i agree with what ese and others have been saying that
hopefully things will look better soon for you, that you will
find support from other friends and family as well as your bf
and that the fact that he was not immediately available when
you became ill will not permanently damage your friendship.

flowerforyou

feel better soon!!

Thank you, youre advice what really hopeful :)

Desi18's photo
Fri 09/14/12 01:21 PM

yes you are....may be life just testing your love...don't loose patience until your hurt won't accept this thing....let the love come to you not you go to love :) good luck

Thank you :)

Desi18's photo
Sat 09/08/12 08:34 PM

Yes, I sympathize with your back pain, but you can't expect the world to stop because your in pain. It's good your Dad came over, that's what dads are for, but you've only known this guy for 2 months. Relax.

I've known him for years we were close friends and about two months ago we decided to start a relationship. I havent had any serious health issues since i've known him but the doctor says that this could be really serious and all i want is for him to be here and hold me. Because, i'd do whatever it takes to be there for him if he was in my shoes.

Desi18's photo
Sat 09/08/12 08:15 PM
Thank you guys, i think im going to follow my gut. After i told him not to come over he called back twice and i didnt answer and then he texted me "I hope you feel better, i love you" and i replied to him "Its just that i'm in so much pain and i needed you today..." and he never texted back. I dont know what to do at this point.

Desi18's photo
Sat 09/08/12 08:01 PM
So, my boyfriend and i have been in a relationship for almost two months now and today i have been experiencing back pains all day and the nurse suggested that i stay on bed rest for several hours. This happened around noon today and im still in bed. and my boyfriend is no where to be found. I called him a few times today and when i finally got a hold of him to tell him he said his phone was charging and that he would visit me if he wasnt doing homework. ( of course he sounded like he felt bad ) Now my day is pretty much over and he called and said that he'd be over later tonight because he hasnt gotten anything done yet. I just told him that i've been in pain all day and i needed him and he mind as well stay home because im in so much pain and i feel like he should have been here hours ago. Was i overreacting at all?

Desi18's photo
Thu 08/23/12 10:04 PM
Yes, once on accident.

Have you ever ran from the cops?

Desi18's photo
Tue 08/07/12 10:56 PM
Taken!!!smitten flowers smitten

Desi18's photo
Tue 08/07/12 10:53 PM
Hey guys, so my boyfriend and i have been exclusive for about three weeks now. Im crazy about him but my roommates say that were moving too fast. Have you ever dated anyone that moves too fast?

Desi18's photo
Tue 07/17/12 10:58 AM
Half-eaten zombies
Disco monkeys
freezerburn

Desi18's photo
Tue 07/17/12 10:48 AM
Sometimes you'd think that maybe itd be alot easier that way but, true happiness requires a little more effort..falling in love is the way to go.

Desi18's photo
Tue 07/17/12 10:45 AM
Shaggy- It wasn't me

Desi18's photo
Fri 07/13/12 10:39 AM
Still single..

Desi18's photo
Thu 07/12/12 12:09 PM
Awkwardness and tighty-whities

Desi18's photo
Thu 07/12/12 11:58 AM
A poem to you, dear fussaguy,
May i say that your cool smiley is quite fly,
You seem like you've been places,
possibly seen many faces,
your picture tells me you've been to the beach and shore,
Quite honestly about you i'd like to know more,
I have to apologize my poems arent the best art,
and I've been winging my rhymes from the start.

Desi18's photo
Thu 07/12/12 11:50 AM

Desi18's photo
Thu 07/12/12 11:48 AM
People that lie to me
People that steal things (like come on now, its not yours)
People that are shallow (Beauty should be only skin deep)
People that are always late
The color orange
The dog-worm thing in the neverending story (Honestly, what the hell is that thing)

Desi18's photo
Thu 07/12/12 11:43 AM
I've never been out of the country..but i really want to someday

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10