Community > Posts By > ladysickle

ladysickle's photo
Sat 05/09/09 11:18 PM
Hmm, most of these are car stories...so I'll tell one about an airport. A few years ago I was taking a connection in DeGaulle airport, in Paris. I had decided to smuggle some imported Austrian beer. In my bag I also had unexposed film, herbal teas (from a Christmas market I went to) and spare batteries.

Now, I had fifteen minutes to travel across the airport, in and out of Customs, and get to my connection...through about five escalators, steps, and going out into the street at one point. Ten minutes into my run, the zipper on my carryon's pocket broke. The beer stayed in (too heavy) but everything else kept falling out. Not wanting to miss the flight, I ignored the trail of batteries, film and tea. Some friendly Frenchmen wanted to help me, though, and they started screaming at me to stop, that I had dropped some things. I tried to move on the elevator and yelled at them to not worry, I was late, etc. Trying to help, they pick up my junk and start throwing it towards me. I tripped on the film canister. Of course, I missed my connection and spent eight hours wandering around DeGaulle until my flight was ready.