Community > Posts By > tenquestion

no photo
Sun 07/22/12 05:32 PM
The asteroid is almost a mile long as I listen to the researchers that will observe the object in about 2 hours.

no photo
Sun 07/22/12 05:23 PM
I just wanted to say that the asteroid is travelling 6 miles per second! It is amazing that they can track this huge rock at this speed!

no photo
Sat 07/21/12 10:05 PM
Edited by tenquestion on Sat 07/21/12 10:06 PM
Here you go beautiful. I am not smart enough to know how to make this a link, but maybe you can just highlight it and paste it on your web browser. It shows exactly in how many hours our asteroid will pass by. When you see it make a wish and maybe it will come true. It is just for fun. :)

Here is the link - http://events.slooh.com/

no photo
Sat 07/21/12 09:04 PM
Hey I have a date then...just kidding. :)

no photo
Sat 07/21/12 07:17 PM
Oh yes exactly. I found it amusing to see such an impact on Jupiter. Imagine if it wasn't fragmented at the time and hit Jupiter! Thanks for the correction.

Oh well, I guess I will be watching this asteroid tommorow alone. I figured not many people are interested in such things. :(

no photo
Sat 07/21/12 04:28 PM
Of course in actuality would be more satisfying I agree.

I remember only a few years ago an asteroid the size of Earth's moon hit Jupiter. That was the first time in history we have ever seen this happen. Aren't we lucky such rocks don't hit us! It would be game over for everyone. :(

no photo
Sat 07/21/12 04:24 PM
I always thought looking up at the stars was romantic. Imagine looking up at the stars seeing an asteroid flying by also. :)

no photo
Sat 07/21/12 11:03 AM
An asteroid the length of roughly eight-and-a-half football fields will hurtle past Earth — or so we hope — on Sunday, July 22. But even though the 3,000-foot-wide asteroid is huge, you won't be able to see it with the naked eye. The good news is that you don't need to have fancy telescopes to see it fly by — you can watch the event online.

Slooh Space Camera will track the asteroid from the Canary Islands in Africa as it makes its way through the sky, and will live stream it on the internet starting at 4:30 p.m. Pacific on July 22. But if you miss the first live stream because you're out partying or are otherwise intensely analyzing our weekly bad stock photo gallery, don't worry — there's another live stream you can catch, starting up at 8 p.m. Pacific, as another telescope in Arizona tracks the asteroid as it passes by.

This huge asteroid known as AM31 was discovered in 2002, and will come within 3.2 million miles from Earth. That's almost the same distance another 1,000-foot asteroid reached last June, which also led to a flyby live stream event by the Slooh Space Camera team.

no photo
Fri 07/20/12 03:48 PM
sad2 very saddening

no photo
Fri 07/20/12 02:05 PM
On another post I ask if voting even matters and the replies are coming in gradually. All of which are great replies from very smart members of the site, yet I wonder since the days where school grades where in better shape, students actually understood how our government functions, and how a popular member that could do a trick or have a talent wouldn't get a vote just because he could do it will be in today's votes.

Here is an example: A 18 year old votes but doesn't even know what a Congress is or what responsiblities a President as of Vice President has. In otherwords, he passed through high school but is still oblivious of the history of our country let alone how our government functions. Should he be able to vote?

What about a foreigner that gets his citizenship but doesn't speak a word of English and doesn't understand our government.

What about special interests - let us say a musician votes for Clinton just because he can play the saxophone, or a Mormon votes for Romney because they share the same religion, or a black man voting for only Obama because he is half black. Should those votes count?

I always wanted to believe that votes should count when the individual really tackles and agrees on ideas to improve society as a whole and not just for a individual interest. I am wrong once again as I see how our country is being dumbed down year after year with the knowledge our people should have before voting for anyone in Congress.

What are your thoughts about it and if you are savvy tell me what should be done? For me personally I think we need to invest more money on education for our children so they can be a bit more aware of what is going on with our government as of country.

Thanks for your input!

no photo
Fri 07/20/12 12:58 PM
Edited by tenquestion on Fri 07/20/12 12:59 PM
To tell you the truth I have an issue with politics. I can't seem to find a way to trust any government. I see them all as car salesmen. Really!

Does it make a difference if we vote?

I don't have statistics on hand but I think (could be wrong) that half of the country doesn't vote. I am starting to see why because maybe they have the same dilemma as me...TRUST!

Is it but an Utopian theory to have a honest Congress that doesn't get catered by corporate lobbyists, truly helps the country progress, and caters to those in need. Is this (or has been always) a far fletched idealogy in society as a whole?

So what is your opinion on the next vote. Is it important for you to vote or not? Do you think it makes a difference for our country or do you think the country moves its direction regardless of a vote or not.

no photo
Fri 07/20/12 12:48 PM
I was always fascinated with "Atlantis", supposingly a old ancient race of ours (fiction or non-fiction not certain). Some even go that far as believing they are Aliens responsible for some of the other older civilizations such as the Mayans, Aztecs, and Egyptians.

I am no expert in the field (by far) but it is interesting to imagine isn't it what could have been or how it was and why such civilizations (if they existed concerning Atlantis) suddenly disappeared.

Unless they still exist and live underneath the surface. I do get a thumping occassionally underneath my floor in the kitchen sometimes and I live on the first floor! laugh

no photo
Fri 07/20/12 12:44 PM
I am mad too! I will not buy anymore coke either! Fake sugar , real sugar...come on stop playing with us Coke Company! explode mad laugh drinker

no photo
Fri 07/20/12 12:28 PM
very saddening indeed....

no photo
Fri 07/20/12 12:24 PM
Edited by tenquestion on Fri 07/20/12 12:26 PM
I think they would have to put on a 60 minutes documentary for Jeannie. She has more then two questions available for the Presidents. laugh

All valid questions for sure and this is the point I was trying to figure out. We the people want real answers (truthful answers) from Congress as of the President. No more lies, construed information, and false hope.

I rather have honesty.

Imagine a President saying in his speech: This country is in bad shape...very bad shape. We need big changes and your vote on them.

Such issues would be:

Defense budget
Healthcare
401 K
Social Security
Economic Issues
Infrastructure

and so on....

Of course that would be then called a Direct Democracy of which we don't have, but maybe it would be beneficial just once so we can really tackle what the nation(people)want.

We have become very divided as a people. I see more people angry then ever before about politics.

no photo
Fri 07/20/12 12:18 PM
Hello and thanks for letting me post. I am not sure if this post goes to religion, relationship, or stays in politics???? I will try politics and see what happens.

I read somewhere that the Mormons are not ready to have a Mormon President. Wow ...when are they ready? lol

How do you feel about it and do you think religion will play a big roll in politics if he wins? Will he reinstate some of the laws forbidden by Mormons such as having multiple wives (polygamy) legal for example.

I am just curious what will change for Mormons (if anything at all).

I am not a Mormon, but I respect everyones faith as long as it doesn't destroy human life.

no photo
Fri 07/20/12 12:11 PM
Just awful. I mean I am just fed up with this. Food went up, electricity went up, water also! Budget is getting tighter for the middle income earner. I use to have a little to spare, but now I have to think twice before buying anything at a store, because I might get a percentage of increase in my water, electricity, or even food bill. Just great ...thanks alot to those hiking up the prices on us.

no photo
Wed 07/18/12 01:43 AM
Thanks I really appreciate it. :)

no photo
Wed 07/18/12 01:28 AM
Edited by tenquestion on Wed 07/18/12 01:29 AM
I was a alcoholic.....

A real drunk, homeless, with no friends, family, or hope.

I got help for my addiction...

And I became clean.... ( the first in my family of men)

I am fortunate to be alive today

to be able to raise my daughter full time, work, and be loved again

I am celebrating 10 years being clean. I am proud of myself.

I felt I should let you know that if you suffer this addiction there is help out there. There is a way to fix it. If anything talk to me I know what it was like to have nothing and to need alcohol.

I have this song for you that I want to share. I hope it helps you out.

Open up my mind with these spoken words,
Let this music heal like an overture,
She's the only one, one, one, yeah, yeah
And so I roll with her, ooh,
That's how it's supposed to be,
Living life with loved ones close to me,
Shh, ahh, this is the remedy,
And I got the recipe, I don't need no Hennessy,
Yeah, it's been ten years now,
Haven't had a drink and I'm starting to see clear now,
I'm putting all my fears down,
I can hear the cheers now,
Seeing peace signs when I look around

Hey, young homie what you trippin' on
Looking at life, like how did I get it wrong,
Life's too short, gotta live it long,
To my brothers and sisters, when will we get along,
Hey, young homie what you trippin' on,
To my brothers and sisters when will we get along

Open up your eyes, look around
Homie, can you see how it's going down?
Brothers locked up, sisters knocked up
If you wanna build your love up, put your hate down
Ooh, that's the only way to live
Tu-tu-turnin' negatives to positives
"It's gonna be alright" Bob Marley said
**** the dumb ****, keep it movin', that's what time it is

To my brothers and sisters, when will we get along
To my brothers and sisters, when will we get along

Give peace to the war in the streets,
Give peace to the evil that creeps, yeah,
I just ride, put my hand to the sky,
Live life like I'm never gon' die,
See we be fighting and fussing over nothing,
So much destruction, looking like puppets,
Combusting like nothing, now listen,
It takes education, to change your reputation,
From bad to good, you're gettin' better now you're elevating,
They be singing, family's hanging, everybody's chillin'
Not gonna stop this, living on the feeling,
Man this is the real thing, tell me can you feel me,
Wait 'til they drop this, dancing on the ceiling

Ah, what you really trippin' on,
To my brothers and sisters when will we get along,
Hey, young homie what you trippin' on,
Looking at life, like how did I get it wrong
To my brothers and sisters when will we get along

What you really trippin' on
Young homie what you trippin' on

The artist is - Chris Rene - Young Homie ( You can watch it on X Factor) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYPTS_39I8g&feature=related

Thank you for letting me post. I was told on my first day of rehab 11 years ago that it takes a brave person to open up about this in front of a group of strangers. So go ahead and open up, it might help!

no photo
Wed 07/18/12 12:24 AM
My gift to you Mingle2 beautys :)

"Somewhere In The World"

Somewhere in the world tonight
There’s no fighting
Someone’s falling in love for the first time
I believe there is a place
Where fear is finally waving goodbye
Everything’s alright