Community > Posts By > shoesmonkey

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 11:54 AM

I agree.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 11:06 AM

Two blondes were in a parking lot trying to unlock the door of their Mercedes with a coat hanger. They tried and tried to get the door open, but they couldn't. The girl with the coat hanger stopped for a moment to catch her breath, and her friend said anxiously, "Hurry up! It's starting to rain and the top is down."
noway laugh

Oh please, do you have more? Bring 'em on!

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 10:54 AM

“I can’t believe you’re single.” If I had a nickel for every time someone said that to me in the past year, well, I’d have about $1.30 right now, and I would go to the White Hen and buy a bottle of Pepsi.

I got to wondering about the whole thing, and started doing some calculating, or “ciphering,” as Jethro Bodine would call it. And here’s how my dating site experience breaks down:

I have met 9 people from various dating sites, and I would have been much better off if I hadn’t. Actually, I would have been much better off being run over by a Jeep filled with rhinoceroseseseses 9 times, although I am not looking to do that as a retroactive option.

As it stands, I cannot seem to find anyone even remotely compatible (let alone interesting) on a dating site. Why is this?

It all boils down to the math. If you don’t like math, I’m on your side, and you can just skip the next 37 paragraphs. I don’t like math either, but I’m not going to be able to make my point here using semaphore, probably, so math it is.

OK. I have found, as a general rule, that most women on dating sites have kids. And the likelihood of a woman having kids goes up as she gets older. It’s a fairly easy concept to grasp: a 30-year-old is more likely to have kids than a 20-year-old. This is a strictly linear process; everyone starts out childless, and then more and more of them move from Column A (childless) to Column B (with kids) as time goes on. And it’s a one-way street. Nobody ever really goes from B to A. (Even the cases where it appears to go from B to A are really just reconfigurations -- kids move out, etc., but it doesn’t nullify the fact that they were born.)

I have done a thorough study of this, although my definition of “thorough” might seem a bit strange to anyone who actually owns a dictionary, but that’s another matter. It turns out that 98.3% of 30-year-old women, on an average dating site, have kids. In addition, of the remaining 1.7%, slightly more than 472% of those want children, proving that women really do have some difficulty with math.

I got to wondering if there might be some sort of magical “cutoff point” – a certain age where there were a significant number of women on a dating site who didn’t have kids and who didn’t want kids.

So I reran the study, this time using age 25 instead of 30, and I found that 97.9% had kids, and most of the others were trying to come up with ways to steal babies out of hospitals.

While it was true that younger women tended to be less likely to have kids, this trend was more than compensated for by the fact that even the 19-year-olds seemed to be spending hours a day learning how to write “AND THEY ARE MY WORLD” for use in future dating site profiles.

Not to mention the ever-increasing number of 19-year-olds who already HAD 3 kids.

The evidence is clear: Women are avoiding using dating sites until they have children. I suspect this is caused by a secret ingredient in anti-perspirants or hair spray or something. Or it may be hormonal, but that’s just too messy to think about.

I counter your claim. I.....am 48. I have no children nor, do I plan on having any. Also, if you don't already have your **** together, there is no point in trying to "do" anything about you. So, no, I'm not looking to change anyone.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 10:45 AM
OMG Too funny!
I love blond jokes.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 10:34 AM
See guys, again, the difference between the immaturity of girls and, the wisdom of women.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 10:22 AM

To be honest, it's all about MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!!!! Period.

I must say that, I had a guy take me to a place for a cold slice of pizza. It should not have been in business. And yep, you're right, I dumped his azz right away. I do demand a particular degree of respect.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 10:17 AM
Edited by shoesmonkey on Sun 03/21/10 10:23 AM
What AndyBGood needs to learn about us ladies is, we are strong, loving, forgiving and,accepting and understanding, creatures.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 10:10 AM

I measure a man's success by his security in himself and how he treats others. But hey, that's just me.

So a man who drives a rolling dent of a car, struggles to pay the bills, tries hard to take care of responsibilities and cannot afford the high life, but is surrounded by people who admire and respect him rates in your book?

Andy, car, bills, house, stuff, all change. Respect and integrity are constant. That is the title of my book.

Funny, you get that the only constant in life is change! I have seen SO many 'well to do' men become broke and homeless overnight for a variety of reasons and all of them were bad and their fault!

Perhaps it's because they were human and, they erred. Don't we all?

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 10:06 AM

I measure a man's success by his security in himself and how he treats others. But hey, that's just me.

Yes, you are so right. His maturity level and, the self confidence he has learned over his lifetime. Kindness, caring for others. Selflessness, patience. Meaning, he has grown as a human being. That is wealth.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 09:57 AM

Colorado is too cold. Sadly, all of the country boys here in Texas seem to have gotten lazy and moved to the city.

It's no where as bad as NY.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 09:52 AM
boys and Colorado. Any thoughts ladies? Any..at all.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 09:28 AM
Ok, ok...DaronLe....the guy is sooooooo hot.smokin

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 09:18 AM

Actually I JUST got up and checked my emails before my morning cup o tea and a shower!

Strange bed fellow then?:wink:

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 09:10 AM

Funny thing about this question, supposedly our bodies are the house of god but some insist it is a church.

I got to say yes if my bod is the house of god (a rhyme!) and no if I had to go to church!

I can't be in two places at once can I?

What ever did you have for breakfast? lol Strange brain food indeed.:tongue:

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 09:07 AM
I have been blessed with having had so many great friends in my life. Right now, I don't have any. Have to change that somehow. Anyway, if I could get them all together, let me tell you, I would need many kegs of beer.drinker And, about a week with all of them.:heart:

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 06:25 AM
Fillet mignon last night. Coffee this morning.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sun 03/21/10 06:19 AM
Think it depends on which sex a woman prefers. Me? I don't want to get undressed in front of my sister. It's just, ugh, not right. And, I sure as hell don't want to see her nude! Guess I like my privacy.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sat 03/20/10 07:55 PM

Has anyone ever flown and had severe pain in their ears,then lose their hearing as the plane descended? I was completely deaf for 8 hours. It was a very scary feeling. Doc said you are not supposed to fly with a head cold. I won't anymore!

All you have to do is, plug your nose and, GENTLY blow. It will release the pressure. It scared me to death when I had it happen. A guy next to me told me to do that.

shoesmonkey's photo
Sat 03/20/10 05:11 AM
Morning all.

shoesmonkey's photo
Fri 03/19/10 08:03 AM

drool I like Planters mixed nuts.drool

Ditto here but, they have to be the deluxe mix.

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25