Community > Posts By > null

no photo
Sun 09/06/20 02:11 AM
Tonight would have been a great night to observe or make a wish upon the conjunction of the waning gibbous Moon with Mars about a thumb's width away from it. The contrast of reddish-orange Mars and the blue-white of the Moon was astronomically and chromatically rather spectacular.

no photo
Wed 09/02/20 02:17 PM
Edited by null on Wed 09/02/20 02:48 PM

"It's just a matter of maybe some rehabilitation, some therapy, maybe some pills, just the "right" person/training/combination, and voila, "gay" is "cured" and they can just start being like "normal" people, the 90+% of the rest of humanity, and no need to grant any special rights/favors/status."

Taken in context I'm not certain that I follow this? What I can most assuredly say is that Homosexuality is completely normal and exists throughout the biological kingdom of Animalia. Homosexuality is not nor has it ever been an exclusive construct relegated to the species Homo sapiens. Same-sex attraction has been observed in primates other than Humans, penguins, and most other animals. Thus, applying the term normal to Heterosexuals is a logical fallacy at best. Perhaps typical or atypical would be a better description.

Moreover, using a political left and right ideology same-sex attraction wins in both directions. In 1800 the approximate doubling time for the Human population was 300 years. The doubling time of the human population is now approximately 61 years. Many scientists have theorized that the limit of the human population, i.e. carrying capacity is 9-10 billion. As of this writing, we are closely approaching 8 billion.

Many people on the right side of political ideology do not believe in abortion. Yet some Heterosexuals however often believe that Human beings should propagate unfettered. This presents a problem for the planet in view of some scientists. Unfettered propagation can lead to overpopulation, famine, war, and at the furthest reaches species extinction--Human and other animals.

Conversely on the left side of the spectrum the opposite views are often held, that is to say, limit population growth but allow for abortion which in the view of many is invidious.

Suffice it to say the LGBTQ community does not add to either end of these disparate realities right view nor left view, and certainly not in large numbers. Thus, to put it simply there is nothing about the LGBTQ population taken in this context that is personally destructive or destructive to the planet taken in this context. Logically it would follow that if viewed this way Homosexuality represents nothing that needs to be fixed but could be said to be a fixative for Human life, other species' life and the planet collectively. Lastly, same-sex attraction has also been said to be either an evolutionary adaptation to limit the over-propagation of a given species or an artifact of intelligent design.

no photo
Wed 09/02/20 11:57 AM
Edited by null on Wed 09/02/20 12:08 PM

Couth is a short, odd, but so apropos word. It is a word that some are quite familiar with, a word that others have heard, and just perhaps a word that others have forgotten.

In business communication, it is often taught that when you have something unpleasant to say that you do it with couth and tact. That is to say, for example, if someone is being turned down for admission to a university the first line of the letter does not read, "You have not been approved."

A much more appropriate and less boorish way to say this is something akin to, "We want to thank you for the opportunity to express our gratitude to you in the interest that you have shown us in our University.

After much contemplation of your academic record, we Regret to inform you that your application for admission to our university has not been approved at this time. Please feel free to consider us in the future for your academic needs.

Sincerely,

Unnamed University"

See how much better and more congenial that sounds than placing the denial in the very first sentence, not to mention the better karma that is generated by conducting oneself in a way that suggests manners.

The very same thing could be done in ones personal life on a dating website as well. It serves no legitimate purpose to throw shade at some person with emotions--just as everyone has--in an impulsive and careless disregard for another's feelings. That is just a small gesture that could help to make the world a better place, and as many would agree we could all use that now.

no photo
Wed 08/26/20 01:05 AM
Tonight what is on my mind concerns a rather notable, some might say sad phenomenon that I have observed on the platform in the time that I have been on it. The real quandary is not one that someone who posts a profile necessarily perpetuates in and of themselves exclusively. As much it could be said to be a transgression of societal norms towards someone that is reaching out for connection with another.

It is no secret that in many societies ageism is a social irritant. Someone looking their best no matter the number of their age is based upon individual capability and/or choice. However, the need to lower one's age from what it actually is on a profile to appeal to an ageist group of people is rather dystopian in nature. This is evidently seen in profiles where the age is stated as one that is changed over a number of days or one in which the age stated is more than likely higher than what is stated.

It follows logically that if someone out of desperation or deception states their chronological age younger than what truly is then they can be setting themselves up for deceptions from the receiving audience. It is difficult to build a foundation that stands the test of time when the entry point is a falsehood.

This is something that a person can decide the value of for themselves. However, perhaps William Shakespeare said it best in Hamlet when Polonius said, "...To thine own self be true."

no photo
Wed 08/26/20 12:50 AM
I would be interested in talking to a guy between 35-70 for friendship and whatever else may come of it. I am fairly easygoing and would be interested in someone around my age. It all begins with a conversation, right?

no photo
Wed 08/26/20 12:15 AM
This is a great site for those that like to see what is in their sky for a particular given evening. Lately Jupiter and Saturn have been close together and quite prominent in the early evening followed later by Mars.

https://www.skymaponline.net/

no photo
Sun 08/23/20 11:18 PM
2020.08.23 In my opinion life should be an adventure, not a dreary drudgery. I remember distinctly when I was a child waking up and being excited about the day. I also remember that I didn't want to go to sleep at night because I was so happy that I did not want to miss a thing. It was as if sleep was something that took me away from the adventure of my waking experience.

If ever in life you feel the opposite it could be said to be a severe imbalance in your life. That is to say if you are working so hard in a job or even at home and you cannot wait until it is time to go to sleep so that you may rest and/or escape, or if you want to sleep to activate your dreams as a means to escape, that is rather disenchanting.

That is what the RV lifestyle represents to me and I would love to connect with others that feel the same way. Only you can answer that question for yourself, but I know that I have answered it for myself. :grinning:

no photo
Sat 08/22/20 06:20 PM
Edited by null on Sat 08/22/20 07:02 PM
There have been many reports of the NDE phenomenon across many centuries and many cultures with remarkably similar narratives. Accounts retold from medical personnel of people who have died and returned are numerous as well.

As far as the personal accounts go people have recalled both good and bad experiences--some have even been neutral. Patients who have died have recalled conversations and events surrounding them by medical personnel that they should not have had a conscious awareness of in their debilitated state.

One of the standout statements that has been put forth on many occasions is that "The experience was more Real than Real" while also being a deeply personal experience. However one may view the subject suffice it to say that as a social construct there have been many people write books on the subject suggesting that at least in part that there would be no desire to capitalize on something that has been discussed many times if profit were the exclusive motive. Many have had a complete change in their life view after such events have occurred as well as losing their fear of death when having a positive experience.

Recently the AWAreness study which assayed both implicit and explicit events in NDE subjects came to some interesting conclusions. This was a trial conducted in Europe and the United States. It was suggested that further studies be done to analyze the validity of these claims. However one may choose to view the subject of NDE's the idea behind what is seen and communicated to experiencers is deeply fascinating.