Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Tue 09/27/22 02:02 PM
Galaxies are moving through the Universe only at a very low fraction of the speed of light. They appear to be receding from us faster than light speed according to light redshift due to the expansion of space, which is measured in speed per unit distance.

no photo
Sun 09/25/22 10:16 PM

I just had a scammer send me a message and when I replied I seen the line that we were "matched" on this site. I have not done the matching part on this site in years and this was not a person I would have "liked" so I did not match with them. So it looks like scammers have figured out a way around the coins to message people by auto matching or something.

I feel confident that your description of what transpired is inaccurate rather than that someone was able to circumvent the coin scheme.

no photo
Sun 09/25/22 09:09 PM
Edited by Unknow on Sun 09/25/22 09:52 PM
Blackhead is a skin condition. However, blackhead in birds is something else.

no photo
Sun 09/25/22 01:36 PM
I'm not sure whether replying to an initial message is treated as a mutual like or not, it could be.

no photo
Sun 09/25/22 08:00 AM

A black man goes into the vet's with a parrot on his head.

The parrot says to the vet, "Can you get this black head off my foot?"

If a parrot could be infected with "black head", it would not be in its foot. So the man is the one who is infected, and thus the parrot should say: below my foot, not off my foot.

I'm of mixed blood ...

What has mixed blood to do with the joke!

no photo
Fri 09/23/22 10:55 AM
If there has been such a titled thread and then deleted, then it may be so because an obscene post can easily be invoked.

no photo
Tue 09/20/22 10:53 PM
I don't think I have ever had a match without me also hitting the like button.

no photo
Tue 09/20/22 01:02 PM
Nah Neh Nah by Vaya Con Dios band

no photo
Mon 09/19/22 09:02 AM
Personally, I don't have a problem with comedians stealing others' jokes; however, only when untruthfully claiming originality, which I was not accusing you of.

no photo
Mon 09/19/22 07:47 AM

No. Like most of my favourite jokes, I either get them from DVDs or TV comedy programmes.

What difference does it make?

None, as far as originality is concerned.

no photo
Sun 09/18/22 11:01 PM

My mate rang me up the other day.

He told me he had cut off his finger.

I said, "What? You cut off your whole finger?"

He replied, "No! The one beside it".

Did you read the joke first on some webpage like this one:
http://jokojokes.com/cut-off-finger-jokes.html ?

no photo
Fri 09/16/22 11:12 PM

True story from Sweden..made the headlines over there

a weblink?

no photo
Fri 09/16/22 10:28 PM

I would amuse myself by reading everyone’s private emails :wink:

Absent a Mingle2 confirmation to the contrary, I believe the mail server would not allow even the administrator to read private emails. If (s)he could read mine, boredom would force her/him to quit in no time.

no photo
Mon 09/12/22 11:20 AM

Micro waves in an oven are high frequency but fairly low power. They bounce off metallic items with no effect. I suppose if you boosted the power quite a bit the metal would heat up.

Yes, but from the original poster's response to my post, I'm not sure he is satisfied with the answer.

no photo
Sat 09/10/22 01:58 PM
Pay attention to this sign

when entering the

no photo
Sat 09/10/22 08:25 AM

I was told not to put anything matallic into a microwave oven.

Ah. But. Wait a minute. There is something not just quite right here.

Isn't the interior of the microwave oven METALLIC?

Can anyone explain this?

If you can now give an explanation for your initial ponderment, i.e. why the metallic inner surface of the oven is not adversely affected by the microwaves, please do so.

no photo
Fri 09/09/22 01:25 PM
I wonder how much maintaining the British monarchy costs the public, and for what usefulness.

no photo
Thu 09/08/22 08:19 AM
Find the answer in:
http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/why-cant-metal-objects-go-in-the-microwave

no photo
Tue 09/06/22 10:29 PM

Let's see, I've been celibate now for more than 42 years. How's that for willpower?

Does celibacy include abstaining from sensual self-pleasing?

no photo
Mon 09/05/22 11:49 PM
Veritasium video IS TRYING TO SHOW, DOES NOT PROVE that electricity travels at the speed of light; not faster, and it is controversial to say the least.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 18 19