Community > Posts By > ghtallen

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 11:38 PM

ive just became singal father of 3 has any one found it hard at the start and did get easier

I understand how it feels, I'm a single father of 2. Some days it's the most trying, overwhelming, tiring responsibility to ever try your patience.....then they say " I'm so glad your my dad, I love you". and it all makes sense. Their is no other life i would rather live than this.....good days and bad. They are worth every sacrifice you'll make, and your worth every hug and kiss because of it.

Then one of them turn 15 and manages to push you to limits that shouldn't be possible and you realize that it could be a few years before they truly understand the meaning behind our actions even after trying to explain why........just like we did to ours.

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 11:30 PM

ive just became singal father of 3 has any one found it hard at the start and did get easier

I understand how it feels, I'm a single father of 2. Some days it's the most trying, overwhelming, tiring responsibility to ever try your patience.....then they say " I'm so glad your my dad, I love you". and it all makes sense. Their is no other life i would rather live than this.....good days and bad. They are worth every sacrifice you'll make, and your worth every hug and kiss because of it.

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 09:36 AM
thank you, i sure will

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 09:34 AM

Welcome and Best of luck to ya!!drinker

Thanks Mikey, Seems like there are some good people on here to chat with. Thanks again

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 09:28 AM
okay, once again....It was just an observation from someone who hasn't been on this site before. A conversation piece if you will. Nothing more.....hey, whats a newspaper? (That was just a poor attempt at a joke so there's no need to take that one any further as well)

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 07:51 AM
Thank you, good to be here

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 07:45 AM
hello, welcome

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 07:42 AM
the never ending cycle for sure. sudafed and coffee would be my choice with out question...A life i wouldn't trade for anything, well....a fishing trip would be a temptation.

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 07:19 AM
Thank you

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 07:09 AM
It's rare that i'm ahead of them by the end of the week....free's up more time for fun stuff.

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 07:02 AM
A great sat morning, already have the kids laundry going and the house is in order.....going to be a relaxing saturday, then it's to the football game with the kids tomorrow!

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 06:53 AM

I finally got Adblock Plus working again(through Firefox) now I don't see any ads.

I'll give it try, thanks for the info

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 06:43 AM
Was merely a first timer observation. I managed to maintain my composure....just barely. Thank you for the welcome, good to be here

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 06:32 AM
I think a most people feel uncomfortable going to functions under those circumstances, i wouldn't call it an insecurity though....I've found the hardest part was arriving, after a few minutes i just start talking to people and the uncomfortable feeling goes away. Not much advice i kn ow...but at least there may be comfort in knowing most of us deal with the same thing

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 06:20 AM
Thank you, good to be here. You can never have too many friends...If i can gain a few then i can consider it a success.

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 06:00 AM
Being a single parent is alot more difficult than my mom made it appear growing up....and she delt with 4 of us! A whole new respect

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 05:42 AM
Guess thats the price for "free"

ghtallen's photo
Sat 09/08/12 05:36 AM
I'm not in a hurry to make another mistake so i hope you don't mind taking some time chatting. Would be nice to maybe start with a friendship this time.....seemed to be the only thing lacking in previous relationships. Send a message, you have nothing to loose.