Community > Posts By > Roweanne

no photo
Sat 05/08/10 08:29 AM
How cool! Thanks for sharing!

no photo
Tue 04/20/10 09:50 AM

I'm still trying to figure out a way to have sex as least as often as God does. Once a year, would actually be an improvement for me. laugh

Hear here!!!:banana: frustrated :banana:

no photo
Tue 04/20/10 09:48 AM
I have a book about square-foot gardening, and I'd like to try it. Does anyone have any suggestions about "little" gardening that may not be in the book?

no photo
Tue 04/20/10 09:45 AM
I only have a .22 pistol, a 12ga single shotgun, and an air-pellet rifle. But I'd LIKE to have a 357, a 9mm, a 270, a 12ga pump, a 45-70, (I think that's what it's called. Dad just got one of those that I shot last week for the first time. FUN!), and a "Judge". That one would make a good rattle-snake gun in the badlands.

And gun ownership is kind of a neccessity if you like to target shoot, like I do. And if you think that the most natural life-style is hunter-gatherer. I'll be the hunter!

no photo
Fri 02/26/10 01:46 PM

The Master Book of Herbalism is not out of print. I got mine a few years ago so I thought maybe it had gone OOP since then, but I'm looking at it on Amazon right now. It sells for $13.57. Paul wrote that in the 80's. He did write another book in 1998 called Compendium of Herbal Magick (which I didn't realize until I just looked for him on Amazon). I'm gonna have to add that book to my wishlist.
Ahhh! I'll have to look that one up. Thanks.

no photo
Fri 02/26/10 01:36 PM
Here in the upper midwest, I've heard people say that you should plant your potatoes on Good Friday. There are also Lunar guidelines that dictate when you should plant what. What other gardening tips and myths are out there?

no photo
Fri 02/26/10 01:33 PM
I can see using melted chocolate chips so that it is just like a real candy bar. YUMM.

no photo
Fri 02/26/10 01:30 PM
I found the original post to be quite humorous, and totally appropriately placed in the jokes and funny stories. It didn't become truly political, needing to be moved to politics, until people started critiqueing it.

no photo
Thu 02/25/10 12:43 PM
I recently got hold of a copy of The Master Book of Herbalism by Paul Beyrl. It's out of print, but there are still a few new and like-new copies out there. My local librarian was kind enough to order it for me from Barnes&Noble.com. This is a very informative book, and one of the better herbalism books that I've seen. It doesn't go into the medicinal uses, sonce Mr. Beyrl says that there are many books out there that already go into those details, but he does a better than fair job of detailing the magickal uses. He admits (I believe in the preface) that he doesn't know all of the magickal uses, and that even after he finished writing the book he learned enough info to constitute writing a second, expanded edition. However, I don't believe that he ever wrote an updated version. If he did, and anyone knows about it, please let me know.

no photo
Thu 02/25/10 12:16 PM
OMG, that's HI-LARIOUS!!!

no photo
Thu 02/11/10 01:32 PM
Wow! Jalapeno Poppers from Hell!!! I may have to try this!

no photo
Wed 02/10/10 03:42 PM
I try to do something for the main 8, but I also do Christmas with my family, and I do Hannukah. I find that there are parallels that are too obvious to over-look. I also find that when I start the December holidays as early as possible, usually with the start of Hannukah, and do almost all of them, it helps me to get through the winter without getting that down feeling that comes with the lesser daylight. I also burn a lot of candles from Christmas through March. That helps, too.

no photo
Wed 02/10/10 03:34 PM
As far as Christianity being immoral, a lot of people have been helped in their personal lives by Christianity. I, myself, do not neccessarily agree with everything that modern Christianity teaches, but I won't presume to pass judgement about the morality of an entire religious system that has proven to help so many based on an interpretation of their own religious writings.

no photo
Wed 02/10/10 03:26 PM

I can't resist commenting any longer...

Don't you ever get bored of this back and forth? I'm right and you're wrong! No I'm right and you're wrong! You don't agree with me so you're delusional! No you're delusional because you don't think like I do! I'm better because I have the solution! No I'm better.... SHEESH!!! It's primary school all over again. My doll is better than yours because it talks !No mine is better than yours because it can eat and poo.... blablabla! explode

Saturnine....what's actually is delusional is for someone to log into a debating forum to complain about people debating

surely even in your life outside the forum you express your opinions to others which may differ from their opinion ...

Funches - I cannot pass up this rare opportunity to fully and whole heartedly agree with you.
Actually, I for one would imagine that discussions like this one are exactly why the moderators have us all "segregated" by religion...so that nobody is discriminated against and attacked for having a discussion. At the same time, we all have access to the general religion threads, so that we can interact. Unfortunately, too many people strive to look for the differences in religions, and arguing over semantics, instead of finding the common ground. Maybe when we all start to see that pure love for fellow mankind (I think the ancient Greeks called it AGAPE. Wiccans word it as "perfect love and perfect trust.) knows no religious boundaries or semantics, there won't be any need for cyber-segregation on the basis of religion. Until then, this is one place where a small amount of segregation is a blessing.

no photo
Wed 02/10/10 03:05 PM
As far as the context of dating, try to be patient. You'll find HIM, the one who you are (mutually) meant for, and I would imagine that he will be chivalrous, by any good definition.

no photo
Wed 02/10/10 03:03 PM
Actually, chivalry isn't just how men treat women. It's also about how men treat each other, how women treat men and other women, how younger folks treat their elders, etc. In a nutshell, it's more about how we all act toward each other, beyond the very barest, most basic manners. It's having ethics in our interpersonal dealings with those around us, and going just a bit further than just plain manners. It's about all of us acting like we are nobility, even though we aren't, and treating each other like nobility, too.

no photo
Wed 02/10/10 02:54 PM
Don't they make medicated shampoo and body wash for the cooties these days?!?

no photo
Wed 02/10/10 02:52 PM
When I had to have my dog put down, I was so heart-broken that the vet's wife, who is also his assistant, bought me a tack-pin of a dog with halo and wings. I cried all over again.

no photo
Wed 02/10/10 02:49 PM
My sis lives in Pittsburgh, and she said that they got a foot and a half one night this last weekend. I guess the kids are loving it, but the oldest one wanted to go somewhere, and he's old enough, at 12, to shovel if he wants to get out. So he was shovelling.

Builds character, I say!!!

no photo
Tue 02/09/10 03:01 PM
It seems to me that if someone is teaching their children about the REAL facts of life, and where babies come from and what life (and death) are really about, then it shouldn't be traumatic for them. And it builds the respect factor, too. Respect for life. Respect for Mom. Respect for women in general.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21